Chicago— New Stadium Renderings

Miyagi-Do Karate

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

You're gonna tell me compared to what other teams already have and what the Bears and Titans are getting that it's not embarrassing?

We have a team in the playoffs. The Bears and Titans will be watching from home. I'll take that deal.

57 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

No I’m not embarrassed by Ralph Wilson stadium or any new stadium we’re getting

I’m ecstatic my children’s children will get to watch the Buffalo Bills

They won’t. Not because of the stadium or because of the team moving. Because “the Bills.” I predict a name change within 10 years. That bison slaughtering interloper! Seriously, our branding is all about the bison. Buffalo Bill is basically unknown to the younger generations and it’s been 60 years since they even used his image. Buffalo Bisons. (Pay the minor league team a few bucks if you need to). Or is the plural of “bison” still “bison?” We can get a grammar consultant. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 8:19 AM, TH3 said:

I go to a game a year...to see the game...not for amenities blah blah blah...I sit at Rich and don't see how it can get better by any real measure other than having bigger bathrooms...

Agreed, I need a plastic seat to sit in, anything else is a waste.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not sure how many folks are like me. I'd like to just go watch a football game and pay about $40 for a ticket. I'll eat before I go. I'm willing to sit outside in the elements. I want to see a competitive team on the field.

I suppose I need a time travel machine back to the 90s.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bears have already acquired the land at a suburban site in Arlington Heights, the Soldier Field re-renovation is not happening. So I assume the ridiculous amount of money paid to have those renderings made is now just part of the $631M debt.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/9/2023 at 10:21 PM, zow2 said:

Pretty cool for Chi-town.

And yep,  Our new stadium in Orchard Park will always be a monument to the Bills,  in the middle of nowhere really, with no hotels or retail surrounding it.  The venue will be used 10 times a year,, with maybe a few high school games added and a summer concert.  We will still freeze our asses off for winter games but hey, at least it will

have wind buffer technology around it.

It's what "tomorrow's fans demand."

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 2

This is such a racket -- All this nonsense about how taxpayers have to fork over millions that would be far better spent in the community for education, infrastructure or healthcare. The owners keep insisting on new stadiums and arenas when there's nothing wrong with the current one. It's a joke. We use office buildings on a far more regular basis and for decades longer, but no one thinks twice about hundreds of millions wasted on a ballpark to replace another perfectly good one. SMH... Since 1990, American cities have blown about $30 billion on these sports arenas. There may be 1 or 2 that needed to be replaced, but hardly any more than that.

• Agree 3

OpEd , FYI- I live in Chicago. This is NOT the stadium plan and is not approved. This is a counter proposal to keep them in the City (which is really cool by the way.)  The Bears already purchased 300 plus acres of the now closed Arlington Racetrack in the western suburbs by the train lines and highways where they plan to build a dome and full entertainment complex on. The city doesn’t want to lose them but basically it appears they didn’t put any money or changes necessary to retain them and has not put any competing proposal or money on the table. It appears they are leaving the city and it’s a done deal. This video is an architectural firm putting a proposal forward but it has no backing by any formal government group or funding that I am aware of. It’s been circulated as a PR device but not as a true representation of the future. It appears no one is backing the $ for it in the city and even when it was shown on local news it was represented that way.

Edited by Locomark
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/10/2023 at 2:45 PM, wppete said:

That’s what I thought. I thought they were gone from the disaster that is the City of Chicago? This is just a desperate attempt from the city to pressure them to stay. That mayor is a gong show, destroyed that city. 

Please stop being rude Pete. The 10 million people who live in this area certainly don’t believe in the propaganda about how awful Chicago is. Keep your political theories out of this forum. 

• Dislike 2

On 3/14/2023 at 8:34 AM, Whkfc said:

What does it say I have a paywall

What it means is you have visited website recently.

Try clearing cookies or use an alternate browser.  I tested page again and I got the paywall.  When I used another browser I could read it.

For d0mers:

On top of the current debt, Lightfoot also proposed a $2 billion plan to put a dome on Soldier Field to keep the Bears, but didn’t identify any funding to pay for it in a $16 billion budget.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/9/2023 at 8:56 PM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Now these are some renderings! Wow.

Dam just that video alone probably cost $500k ... But it's a awesome looking building if they can pull it off . I can only imagine the price tag especially right now .

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/10/2023 at 8:34 AM, Captain Caveman said:

This seems like the equivalent of the city of Buffalo releasing some renderings of a downtown stadium while the team, county and state are in agreement to build the stadium in OP. 

Except the city and county in Chicago aren't building the  stadium in the suburbs-- the Bears are paying for it.

Otherwise identical!!

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Even Chicago is getting a dome come on Buffalo 

Yes but again we have $1 billion dollar Kennington tunnel to build that is more important than getting UB to the Big Ten Conference like the state of New Jersey did with Rutgers. We don’t need to build more infrastructure why? We don’t need city stadiums with a dome? We don’t need to try to better our community with things like Final Fours, a Big Ten Conference UB Bulls we got a Kennington Tunnel Buffalo is happening it’s wonderful, wonderful. Buffalo is winning economic prosperity is right around the corner we got Orchard Park 1990’s open air stadium with some minimalistic glass that will excited the millennials oh wow, MLS soccer phone technology of today baby, baby. What a joke obviously at least the whole new Buffalo Bills stadium needed to be domed.

It will be BSF 100 percent take it to the bank guaranteed in 15 years when the Bills realize oh we made a mistake with the no dome thing we can’t correct the mistake location but the dome is coming guaranteed because the NFL is moving that way. Cleveland and Pittsburgh are next by the NFL. But the Bills won’t admit they made a mistake when the time comes they will just say the NFL business model changed. Well BSF what is wrong with that? Nothing if you like spending double or triple the price of today to get this stadium project the best forward thinking we can be for $1.4 billion dollars. For $1.4 billion dollars the new Bills stadium should be domed not just 65 percent covered with a canopy that will have issues with our wind gust in Western New York especially Orchard Park in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Even Chicago is getting a dome come on Buffalo 

Chicago has an 11 times larger population, has a city larger than Buffalo less than an hour drive down the highway (Milwaukee) and is building an entire entertainment complex next to the dome because it’s already in the top 5 cities for conventions. Buffalo is not that type of a city. A dome in Buffalo will not generate enough revenue there. In Chicago the dome could be used literally for 150 close to full capacity events a year. Bands that play soldier field now for 2 dates and sell out in minutes will now be playing a dome for 4-5 dates because winter and sports limits their ability to play here. Chicago is basically a hub of the Midwest and people will travel here, unlike Indy. 

Edited by Locomark

2 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Yes but again we have $1 billion dollar Kennington tunnel to build that is more important than getting UB to the Big Ten Conference like the state of New Jersey did with Rutgers. We don’t need to build more infrastructure why? We don’t need city stadiums with a dome? We don’t need to try to better our community with things like Final Fours, a Big Ten Conference UB Bulls we got a Kennington Tunnel Buffalo is happening it’s wonderful, wonderful. Buffalo is winning economic prosperity is right around the corner we got Orchard Park 1990’s open air stadium with some minimalistic glass that will excited the millennials oh wow, MLS soccer phone technology of today baby, baby. What a joke obviously at least the whole new Buffalo Bills stadium needed to be domed.

It will be BSF 100 percent take it to the bank guaranteed in 15 years when the Bills realize oh we made a mistake with the no dome thing we can’t correct the mistake location but the dome is coming guaranteed because the NFL is moving that way. Cleveland and Pittsburgh are next by the NFL. But the Bills won’t admit they made a mistake when the time comes they will just say the NFL business model changed. Well BSF what is wrong with that? Nothing if you like spending double or triple the price of today to get this stadium project the best forward thinking we can be for $1.4 billion dollars. For $1.4 billion dollars the new Bills stadium should be domed not just 65 percent covered with a canopy that will have issues with our wind gust in Western New York especially Orchard Park in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Where do you get the idea that a dome is keeping UB out of the BIG10?  Go Bills!

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Except the city and county in Chicago aren't building the  stadium in the suburbs-- the Bears are paying for it.

Otherwise identical!!

I find it hard to believe the Bears are really going to pay almost $100 million to break their lease AND on top of that pay entirely for the cost of a new stadium, but we'll see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.