Would you be Okay if the Bills accepted the 3rd seed For the Playoffs - Anyone be Upset by that?

Billsfan1972

Bills accept the 3rd Seed  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be Okay if the Bills accepted the 3rd seed For the Playoffs

• Yes Considering everything that has happened in 2023 it would show just how classy the organization is (AFC Championship game neutral site if combination of KC, Buff & Cincy make it)
    • No I want a chance at the #1 seed and home games right through the AFC Championship
    • No Bills earned (if they beat NE) at worst the #2 seed

This year has been a rollercoaster to say the least and as I've stated, while if the Bills don't make the SB I'll be disappointed and barring another 13 seconds will do my best to keep my mouth shut, I've come to terms with 2023.

So if the Bills said "We'll take the 3rd seed and play it out" I for one would be fine.

Though I do like the proviso that the AFC Championship game be played on a neutral (and yes for me domed) field. 

The more adversity they overcome, seems about right to me.

Edited by Billsfan1972
Title matches Poll

I will be content with where the chips fall this Sunday. But I think now Damar is awake and improving and to a certain extent they can relax about him I think the Patriots are going to run into an absolute buzz saw on Sunday. 

I have a fired up Bills scoring 40. They are gonna play for #3.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

• Billsfan1972 changed the title to Would you be Okay if the Bills accepted the 3rd seed For the Playoffs - Anyone be Upset by that?

It doesn't sit well with me that the Bills should just concede down to 3.  Why would they? Why should they?  

The NFL needs to come up with equitable solutions for Buf-KC-and Cin.  Nobody is at fault here and Sean-Zach and Andy are all classy, mature adults that I am sure can come to a resolution on this that is amenable to each respective team.

No team should be punished or rewarded based on this tragic event.

The contingency for the AFCCG to be played at a neutral site seems good to me.  It screws over fans that have season tickets, I get that but, I'm ok with that over the Bills getting the middle finger and accepting a lower seed because of a freak incident.

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

It doesn't sit well with me that the Bills should just concede down to 3.  Why would they? Why should they?  

The NFL needs to come up with equitable solutions for Buf-KC-and Cin.  Nobody is at fault here and Sean-Zach and Andy are all classy, mature adults that I am sure can come to a resolution on this that is amenable to each respective team.

The contingency for the AFCCG to be played at a neutral site seems good to me.  It screws over fans that have season tickets, I get that but, I'm ok with that over the Bills getting the middle finger and accepting a lower seed because of a freak incident.

I didn't say middle finger.  I said the Bills step up and say "We'll take #3".  Of course the proviso being that Buff, KC & Cincy win on the weekend.

A terrible event on Monday, but regardless it happened to a Bills player.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

I didn't say middle finger.  I said the Bills step up and say "We'll take #3".  Of course the proviso being that Buff, KC & Cincy win on the weekend.

If the stipulated teams all win, Bills are #2 by winning percentage. I see absolutely no reason to proactively offer to take third seed. Further, the hell with that hypothetical. Let's go Buffalo. Let's go Raiders (for this week).

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

There would be something poetic about us being at 3.

I think you are on to something. It couldn't get more absolutely appropriate than that. Destiny.

Even to the point of waiting for the twilight zone theme song to play

Im sorry but all this seeding emphasis lately has got me to thinking. If you were to ask Coach McDermott would he choose take a seeding hit OR walking off the field to go to the hospital to be with Damar Hamlin? You KNOW which he would choose any day all day

Home games would be the ultimate so lets see how the chips fall this weekend 

If the emotional lift this team receives from Damar Hamlin being in recovery translates to the football field NOBODY will be beating Buffalo anytime soon.

Right?  RIGHT~~!!!

💙💙💙

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

I think you are on to something. It couldn't get more absolutely appropriate than that. Destiny.

Even to the point of waiting for the twilight zone theme song to play

Im sorry but all this seeding emphasis lately has got me to thinking. If you were to ask Coach McDermott would he choose take a seeding hit OR walking off the field to go to the hospital to be with Damar Hamlin? You KNOW which he would choose any day all day

Home games would be the ultimate so lets see how the chips fall this weekend 

If the emotional lift this team receives from Damar Hamlin being in recovery translates to the football field NOBODY will be beating Buffalo anytime soon.

Right?  RIGHT~~!!!

💙💙💙

We know the love for McD.  But I'd say the players too would agree!!!!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Considering one of the first things Damar said when he was able to was "Who won?" it would be a slap in the face to him to "concede" to third place. That man is a warrior and would most definitely say "f*** that, go out there and beat the Pats, then win the whole damn thing".

I feel like Bills fans want to turn this into a "woe is us" rather than a rallying cry, start to see red and become that team in the playoffs last year/first couple games this year.

Honor Hamlin by destroying every team between them from the Pats to the Super Bowl  and giving him the first Super Bowl ring. Don't "honor" him by conceding **** left and right.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If the stipulated teams all win, Bills are #2 by winning percentage. I see absolutely no reason to proactively offer to take third seed. Further, the hell with that hypothetical. Let's go Buffalo. Let's go Raiders (for this week).

To me it would shut up any griping from the Cincy or particularly KC fans. 

Just now, Your Brown Eye said:

Considering one of the first things Damar said when he was able to was "Who won?" it would be a slap in the face to him to "concede" to third place. That man is a warrior and would most definitely say "f*** that, go out there and beat the Pats, then win the whole damn thing".

I feel like Bills fans want to turn this into a "woe is us" rather than a rallying cry, start to see red and become that team in the playoffs last year/first couple games this year.

Honor Hamlin by destroying every team between them from the Pats to the Super Bowl  and giving him the first Super Bowl ring. Don't "honor" him by conceding **** left and right.

No one said concede.  I said take the third & go whip ass.....😉

Everyone here if the Bills don't win will have threads or be commenting in them along the lines "Wasn't our year", "Too many obstacles", "Emotional toll", "Fate conspired"..... 

20 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

How many equitable solutions exist?

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We know the love for McD.  But I'd say the players too would agree!!!!

the players are amped to play like no other.  Their focus is the pats and winning.

The NFL will make NFL decisions and we move forward.

I would absolutely Love to see the Bills Dominate this Sunday. The chips will fall as they may otherwise

Go Raiders. How perfect would that be?

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

To me it would shut up any griping from the Cincy or particularly KC fans. 

Ahh, well, one of my best pals is from Cincy. Nice town. I think they're less inclined to gripe.

I'm just so annoyed that we seem to have to play KC every year at Arrowhead. Besides, Mahomes runs like a girl, but is slippery as an eel, and their online fans are often so juvenile -- altogether I find I don't mind them being discomfitted.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Ahh, well, one of my best pals is from Cincy. Nice town. I think they're less inclined to gripe.

I'm just so annoyed that we seem to have to play KC every year at Arrowhead. Besides, Mahomes runs like a girl, but is slippery as an eel, and their online fans are often so juvenile -- altogether I find I don't mind them being discomfitted.

Well yes KC will gripe if a neutral field.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It would be the most petty thing to be upset about.  A neutral field where no one has an advantage will upset Chiefs fans?  

Perhaps it is unfair to assess their fans on the basis of those who participate on their message boards. Certainly, some of the Chief's fans who come over here do not come across as mentally deranged. Nonetheless, it would be petty.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It would be the most petty thing to be upset about.  A neutral field where no one has an advantage will upset Chiefs fans?  

Yes their fans are all over social media whining because they think the Bills lost to the Bengals in the 1st quarter and therefore they are the rightful #1 seed with all the advantages that it comes with. Obviously a ridiculous thing to say but that's their stance. They think the Bills manipulated the league's sympathy to get a free advantage.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes their fans are all over social media are whining because they think the Bills lost to the Bengals in the 1st quarter and therefore they are the rightful #1 seed with all the advantages that it comes with. Obviously a ridiculous thing to say but that's their stance. They think the Bills manipulated the league's sympathy to get a free advantage.

Wasn't even 10 minutes  into the game.....sheez

To me to go back to Cincinnati and beat them and then if all things play out followed by Kansas City on a neutral field another win. That I think would silence the critics, and those griping.   LIstening to callers on the radio and amazed how many people are hung up on this and think the Bills are getting some advantage

They really screwed up by not doing a coin flip for the Cinn-Buff result. That would have at least given the Bengals their chance at 1, the Ravens their chance at the North. We controlled our own destiny and now we rely on the Raiders. I would rather take my chance with a coin flip then depend on a Raiders win.

The game was mostly a pickem anyway (we were favored going into it, they were up 7-3 but we both moved the ball effectively on our possessions).

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why would the Bills "step up" and take the 3?  What's the reasoning.  Only that it happened to a Bills player?  It's absurd. Nobody is even asking or proposing this outside of this forum.  

15 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Why would the Bills "step up" and take the 3?  What's the reasoning.  Only that it happened to a Bills player?  It's absurd. Nobody is even asking or proposing this outside of this forum.  

It's a forum & that is why I asked.  Like someone else said above if McD and the Bills were told to get "back on the field and finish the game or take the L", we think the B ills would have taken the "L".

It's a hypothetical.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, jletha said:

They really screwed up by not doing a coin flip for the Cinn-Buff result. That would have at least given the Bengals their chance at 1, the Ravens their chance at the North. We controlled our own destiny and now we rely on the Raiders. I would rather take my chance with a coin flip then depend on a Raiders win.

The game was mostly a pickem anyway (we were favored going into it, they were up 7-3 but we both moved the ball effectively on our possessions).

I agree. A tie was a bad result for both teams. I would have rather forfeited to Cinci so at least one of us would have been helped. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

It's a forum & that is why I asked.  Like someone else said above if McD and the Bills were told to get "back on the field and finish the game or take the L", we think the B ills would have taken the "L".

It's a hypothetical.  

Yeah, I get it's a hypothetical and as many have said before, no one is going to be perfectly happy with every scenario....This is just one that I would be vehemently against.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.