1/2/23 Week 17 Gameday Bills @ Bengals Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

One of, if not the most important games of the last 20 years and I am a physical wreck.

Tom Petty said it best, "the waiting is the hardest part."

After watching multiple games yesterday I am stoked for tonight but I am not prepared for a loss. I want that homefield, not just for the Bills but for all of the young Bills fans who have not experienced the craziness of a Championship game in Buffalo.

It would be a shame for the Bills to have the top seed for so many weeks only to give it up on the 17th week. So please Bills don't be the Bills of old and find some crazy way to screw this up. 

THEY'RE KILLIN ME WHITEY, THEY'RE KILLIN ME! GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

We’re trying to convince ourselves a defeat isn’t a disaster. If we believe it is, we could be having meltdowns akin to fans of the Dolphins in about 16 hours.

But it's true.  A win is great particularly for bragging rights and hearing the national media fawn all over us.  But the FACTS of the last couple of years is that there is little difference between the top 4 seeds when it comes to eventual success in the playoffs.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

We’re trying to convince ourselves a defeat isn’t a disaster. If we believe it is, we could be having meltdowns akin to fans of the Dolphins in about 16 hours. 

The funny thing is I think there's still a great shot at 1 if we lose. Vegas moved the ball on the 9ers. KCs D isn't nowhere near SFs and the Ravens always play the Bengals tough. Let's hope it doesn't get to that. But the door isn't completely shut with a loss. A win is the easier path. Let's go in the that door ☺️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

We all know what Josh needs to do, here’s to that happening. No mercy!

GO  Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But it's true.  A win is great particularly for bragging rights and hearing the national media fawn all over us.  But the FACTS of the last couple of years is that there is little difference between the top 4 seeds when it comes to eventual success in the playoffs.

And the Bengals got to the Super Bowl last year from, was it the fourth seed?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I hear ya. We ALMOST beat San Diego in ‘80, ALMOST beat Cincinnati in ‘81 & ‘88, ALMOST beat Tennessee in ‘99, ALMOST beat Jacksonville in ‘17, ALMOST beat Houston in ‘19, ALMOST beat KC last January. ‘Cept we didn’t.. 

Our time for this team is running out. We MUST play at Home in the playoffs to advance, imo.

Time running out? Wow. Riddle me this. How many 1 seeds have won the SB Vs all other seeds? I know this year is different with the bye but still. Anyone have that data handy?

GAMEDAY BILLS FANS!

What a great morning to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills!

This is the game we have been waiting for to take that huge step to the #1 seed.  This is what we all hoped for back in September.

Big games mean you need your big players to step up and get it done.  But let's not forget that big plays can come from anyone.

TEAMS win football games, and we need the whole TEAM to get it done and come home with the W!

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Simon pinned this topic
17 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

The funny thing is I think there's still a great shot at 1 if we lose. Vegas moved the ball on the 9ers. KCs D isn't nowhere near SFs and the Ravens always play the Bengals tough. Let's hope it doesn't get to that. But the door isn't completely shut with a loss. A win is the easier path. Let's go in the that door ☺️

But do you trust the Ravens to beat the Bengals?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm usually pretty laidback, but I'm sort of dreading tonight.  We haven't played a very good team since the Chiefs game, so it's hard to say where we're at with regards to the rest of the top dogs at the moment.  The games against average-to-above-average teams have all been relative nail biters.  Obviously, I believe we can win, but in the back of my mind there's this little voice telling me that we are due for a complete dud of a game where everything seems to go wrong.  This being a big primetime game gives me some comfort at least since we seem to save our best for these moments.

By the way, if we lose tonight, any chance we'd rest our starters (aka manufacture our own "bye week") next week?  I think I'd rather face the Ravens at home in the first round than have to play the Dolphins for a third time.

Edited by TheBrownBear