Chris Simms says whoever Tre is covering will be open

Einstein

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Cook is starting to really good isn’t he

Yea I think our oline has hit their groove run blocking too.  I’ve seen people saying cincy was on their way to a win but I just don’t see it.  The way the game was going I think the bills would’ve won a shootout and at worst for us it was up in the air 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea I think our oline has hit their groove run blocking too.  I’ve seen people saying cincy was on their way to a win but I just don’t see it.  The way the game was going I think the bills would’ve won a shootout and at worst for us it was up in the air 

People are concerned and how easily the Bengals scored on that first drive and rightfully so

But I liked the balance that Buffalo was showing when they got the ball both running and passing

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

People are concerned and how easily the Bengals scored on that first drive and rightfully so

But I liked the balance that Buffalo was showing when they got the ball both running and passing

It seems like we are “soft” on every first drive defensively and then adjust. The Bears march right down the field on their first drive as well, and then got pretty much nothing after. I liked how we were moving the ball offensively. That was shaping up to be one heck of a game, but will play again soon. Prayers for Hamlin!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, PJBrown7 said:

It seems like we are “soft” on every first drive defensively and then adjust. The Bears march right down the field on their first drive as well, and then got pretty much nothing after. I liked how we were moving the ball offensively. That was shaping up to be one heck of a game, but will play again soon. Prayers for Hamlin!!!

First drives are generally the hardest to defend against since the OC will have them scripted out. I think that was the 7th first drive in a row that the Bengals had scored a TD on

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

First drives are generally the hardest to defend against since the OC will have them scripted out. I think that was the 7th first drive in a row that the Bengals had scored a TD on

I can promise you they didn't vs. TB, who dominated Cincy the first half and Burrow looked awful.

8 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Does Simms being "right" about Tre get cancelled out by him being completely wrong about our ability to run vs. the vaunted Bengals run D? Just checking.

I thought the PI was... i dunno - thats like the first play of the game and while there was some hand fighting it didn't seem to be that bad. 

The TD was quarters so... he has outside leverage and hamlin drove on the post underneath so it created a space.  I'm not sure Tre can do much more than what he did

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I thought the PI was... i dunno - thats like the first play of the game and while there was some hand fighting it didn't seem to be that bad. 

The TD was quarters so... he has outside leverage and hamlin drove on the post underneath so it created a space.  I'm not sure Tre can do much more than what he did

Oh I'm with you. We've already established that Tre won't be back to his full speed til likely next season, but he still has excellent technique. Under over coverages in our zone scheme will help hide the speed issues too, and you're right about the outside leverage but the recovery speed normally would be a little better.

I'm just picking on Simms basically for saying the Bills WILL NOT be able to run vs Cinci

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Oh I'm with you. We've already established that Tre won't be back to his full speed til likely next season, but he still has excellent technique. Under over coverages in our zone scheme will help hide the speed issues too, and you're right about the outside leverage but the recovery speed normally would be a little better.

I'm just picking on Simms basically for saying the Bills WILL NOT be able to run vs Cinci

Yeah, when you're slower you have to be faster in your reaction.  He's both slower, and still probably pretty rusty with no camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I thought it was pretty bad. Could have been called for holding or interference. Pretty much whole route he was all over him. He's been very grabby since coming back. 

On 12/29/2022 at 10:51 AM, Seoulofstone said:

Personally I’m shocked that he isn’t dominating in his first couple of weeks back from an ACL. Nah not really. This should provide Tre some excellent motivation. That’s good for the Bills.

Motivation wont matter in the short term when he cannot run full tilt on his knee. Last night it was blatantly evident. Hopefully Tre’s knee gets better, but I have my doubts. We shall see.

45 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I thought it should have been holding myself

the TD was just a good throw and catch (and great protection from their oline)

11 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Wonder if it's physical or mental? He looks tentative. 

both.....i'm worried about his mental state of mind. there appeared to be a disconnect between him and the team dr's and coaches  for a couple weeks about whether he was ready to get back into the lineup.  also seems to be taking hamlins medical emergency extremely hard, much more emotional than most of the guys.  plus there were reports he was in a very dark place while rehabbing from his knee injury. like many, probably thinking about his football mortality and being able to leave the game healthy

physically he is getting more involved bumping wr's at the line and making tackles. but he has not gotten his makeup speed back yet to catch a wr from behind.

i just hope he gets to the start of next season without a new injury. not sure he will go thru rehab again.

tre is a stand up guy and natural leader. at LSU he wore the most prestigious and coveted #18 jersey. It’s passed down only to the Tiger that best exemplifies leadership, maturity and poise, both on and off the field. its something that is earned

5 hours ago, papazoid said:

both.....i'm worried about his mental state of mind. there appeared to be a disconnect between him and the team dr's and coaches  for a couple weeks about whether he was ready to get back into the lineup.  also seems to be taking hamlins medical emergency extremely hard, much more emotional than most of the guys.  plus there were reports he was in a very dark place while rehabbing from his knee injury. like many, probably thinking about his football mortality and being able to leave the game healthy

physically he is getting more involved bumping wr's at the line and making tackles. but he has not gotten his makeup speed back yet to catch a wr from behind.

i just hope he gets to the start of next season without a new injury. not sure he will go thru rehab again.

tre is a stand up guy and natural leader. at LSU he wore the most prestigious and coveted #18 jersey. It’s passed down only to the Tiger that best exemplifies leadership, maturity and poise, both on and off the field. its something that is earned

Well stated.

I posted this early in this thread - Tre is NOT what you guys think. Slap labels on him all you want but he is an average CB at best. He has good games vs weak opponents but when it's a "tough" game or it means something Tre is average. Not only do you throw at him you can run to his side too as he is a weak tackler. Hes scraed to hit like Teron or Elam. Simms is simply pointing out the obvious. And, Tre is not going to be any better next season. Please stop with the BS.. he is what he is. Average.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.