Chris Simms says whoever Tre is covering will be open

Einstein

13 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I posted this early in this thread - Tre is NOT what you guys think. Slap labels on him all you want but he is an average CB at best. He has good games vs weak opponents but when it's a "tough" game or it means something Tre is average. Not only do you throw at him you can run to his side too as he is a weak tackler. Hes scraed to hit like Teron or Elam. Simms is simply pointing out the obvious. And, Tre is not going to be any better next season. Please stop with the BS.. he is what he is. Average.

That’s why the Bills, who employ Sean McDermott as their HC and Leslie Fraiser as their DC, both of who are known for their knowledge around the league as defensive back guru’s, signed Tre to a big contract.

I’m glad you know more about d-backs than those two. Maybe some NFL team will pick you up for your obvious pro-scouting skills?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

That’s why the Bills, who employ Sean McDermott as their HC and Leslie Fraiser as their DC, both of who are known for their knowledge around the league as defensive back guru’s, signed Tre to a big contract.

I’m glad you know more about d-backs than those two. Maybe some NFL team will pick you up for your obvious pro-scouting skills?

Stop being reasonable.

Clearly, he sucks! (Said nobody that matters in the NFL, ever). He sucks so bad that he's been 31,47 and 95 on the NFL top 100 players list, as voted by peers.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/tre-davious-white-named-1st-team-associated-press-all-pro

cuz All Pro is just a popularity contest, right?

idiots

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Does this mean it’s time to draft another starting CB, especially since Elam isn’t good enough to even suit up?

100% yes. CB was already on our board and most likely a FA move too so we know who we are getting. Tre as #2 would be perfect! That will be our plan.

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

Never said I know more about DB's than any coach. Just telling it like it is. And I'm sure our coach's see it too. I know a lot of fans that agree. tre is a #2. It's a tough position in the NFL. He is good but not great like the kids around here think. And you call the coaches idiots?? Nice one man/woman.... classy.

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

100% yes. CB was already on our board and most likely a FA move too so we know who we are getting. Tre as #2 would be perfect! That will be our plan.

Never said I know more about DB's than any coach. Just telling it like it is. And I'm sure our coach's see it too. I know a lot of fans that agree. tre is a #2. It's a tough position in the NFL. He is good but not great like the kids around here think. And you call the coaches idiots?? Nice one man/woman.... classy.

You said in an earlier post he was at his best an average CB.

Now you are saying he is good but not great.

What will you be saying in 15 minutes?

• Eyeroll 1

I wish I had more faith in this coaching staff to adjust based on what they are seeing in games. 

They don't have to live like this with Tre White without trying something else, but they don't seem to change at all. 

#27 will be out there for 100% of snaps? 

I think Dane Jackson will be our #2 corner, they won't take him off the field. 

Elam is riding the bench 65%-70% of most games. 

Siran Neal is still our slot corner when Taron Johnson is out. 

We seem to only activate 4 corners per game, so that means Xavier Rhodes is a healthy-scratch.

I'm not sure where Christian Benford fits in when he clears IR. 

Then Safety is another mystery. 

I just don't have much faith in this coaching staff to adjust, and it seems clear in this situation, they could be better by not putting Tre out there 100% of the time, and can we do better than Neal at back-up slot corner, especially with a 1st-Rounder sitting on the bench?

The Bengals plan was to throw at Tre. First play, on. When I saw him at the bottom of the screen in front of Higgins, that’s where Burrow went. It was going to a loooong night for the Bills pass defensive on Monday — unless they somehow started getting home on Burrow which I don’t think would’ve happened because CIN WRs were open a second after the snap. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Does anyone have video of the Tre White pass interference? My stream was still on the college game when it happened.

Jamarr Chase ran the 9 and broke Tre's cushion faster than he was prepared for. Tre got grabby because he had no help over the top but it quickly became an "if I'm even, I'm leavin" situation. Chase is too damned fast and Tre was yanking at him through the whole route.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Listen...I see the same thing you guys are seeing. Tre is clearly struggling, and not back to form. But I'm not buying this...he's average crap, and I'm not ruling out improvement. To me, the more he plays, the more he'll Starr to get his legs under him.  The jersey tug on Chase was a flag, but I've seen Sauce Gardner [who I loved coming out), get away with similar tugs almost weekly. 

• Like (+1) 1

Right now, the teams that know what’s up, will pick on Tre : Until he can prove they can’t. I don’t see New England picking on Tre to win that game, or Baltimore, or Tennessee in the playoffs being capable of exploiting him. But the other playoff teams.. the Bills have to figure out the problem (which I’m hoping they’ve at least admitted it).

As for retiring.. HA! Good one. He’ll be better next year. If he’s not, then it’s time to look at departure.

8 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Does anyone have video of the Tre White pass interference? My stream was still on the college game when it happened.

Don’t have it but I saw it. Chase got a half step on him he held, I would’ve liked a hold over PI as it occurred earlier in the route and while it might have slowed him a step or two he wasn’t catch the pass. He was in man but didn’t press no safety help. 

he also got beat on the TD. 

He’s not playing his leverage as well or exploding to recover in coverage as he used to. 

i have no doubt it’s partly in his head

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

I posted this early in this thread - Tre is NOT what you guys think. Slap labels on him all you want but he is an average CB at best. He has good games vs weak opponents but when it's a "tough" game or it means something Tre is average. Not only do you throw at him you can run to his side too as he is a weak tackler. Hes scraed to hit like Teron or Elam. Simms is simply pointing out the obvious. And, Tre is not going to be any better next season. Please stop with the BS.. he is what he is. Average.

Your positing is average to below average 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Listen...I see the same thing you guys are seeing. Tre is clearly struggling, and not back to form. But I'm not buying this...he's average crap, and I'm not ruling out improvement. To me, the more he plays, the more he'll Starr to get his legs under him.  The jersey tug on Chase was a flag, but I've seen Sauce Gardner [who I loved coming out), get away with similar tugs almost weekly. 

great point, he got a step, and was hand fighting him and he gave a tug on the Jersey.  Tre flipped his hips around and stayed close. I’ve seen plenty of those not called. 

On 12/29/2022 at 11:58 AM, 78thealltimegreat said:

This isn’t a surprise ACL tears always take 2 years to fully recover. After 1 you can play but it takes another year to be where you where at prior to the injury he’ll be fine. 

Revis said he didn’t feel 100% until a month into 2014 season from a sept 2012 tear. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

So he went from average to good.

When did Beast call the coaches an idiot?

• Eyeroll 1

12 hours ago, Johnnyp566 said:

With an extremely difficult recovery, loss of elite skill and the emotional toll that he’s been through I think this is it for him. Great player and great person. 

He’s not retiring.

It wasn’t an extremely difficult recovery.  Chase Young was out longer with his ACL recovery.  They took the cautious approach.

23 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

It’s really easy to say this now that his is playing while still working to be back at 100%. Did you happen to share this opinion prior to Tre’s injury? Did you mention it here, on this board?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.