Do the numbers say it all ?

Italian Bills

I was curious to see what are the different in the numbers between Bills and Bengals. 

So i checked them and found this: 

OFFENSE

- yards: Bills 2nd - Bengals 7th (plus 523 net yards) 

- touchdowns: Bills 4th - Bengals 6th (plus 1)

- passing yards: Bills 6th - Bengals 4th (minus 146)

- passing touchdowns: Bills 3rd - Bengals 2nd (minus 2)

- rushing yards: Bills 8th - Bengals 25th (plus 669)

DEFENSE

- yards against: Bills 8th - Bengals 13th (minus 351)

- points against: Bills 2nd - Bengals 9th (minus 43)

Turnovers: Bills 11 - Bengals 5

Penalties: Bills 90 per 689 yards - Bengals 78 per 588 yards

Now the numbers don’t always say it all, but looking at them it’s clear that the two teams are very close. 

Limiting turnovers and penalties will be crucial, as always i know, but see that pound for pound we are the better team with the better QB, and with our rushing game far better, we don’t have to kill ourselves with stupid penalties or turn the ball over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Maybe we can arrange for you to give the pre-game speech in the Bills' locker room next Monday night.

By the way, do you stay up all night to watch these late games?  For me they start at 3:30 AM so I DVR and watch them when I get up on the morning.  It sucks to watch a game that's already finished but I'm too damned old and I stayed up all night for 4 straight Superbowl losses.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Maybe we can arrange for you to give the pre-game speech in the Bills' locker room next Monday night.

By the way, do you stay up all night to watch these late games?  For me they start at 3:30 AM so I DVR and watch them when I get up on the morning.  It sucks to watch a game that's already finished but I'm too damned old and I stayed up all night for 4 straight Superbowl losses.

Lool… i would love to be in that locker room and have a couple of words with our guys.. 😄

When they play on sunday here are 7pm so i can watch games live on Game Pass. Different when they play Monday night, here are 2pm so i don’t watch the game live because at 7am i get up to go to work. 

But when playoffs come, it’s another story, there’s no too late time. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

Bills clearly have the edge. We are the better team and I expect us to pull out a victory.

The Bengals are arguably hotter or playing better, more lately than the Bills.

We have been pulling out ugly wins for weeks now, which is great, but that stuff won't work against a team as good as the Bengals.  

So either we put it together and then have a great shot at winning, or we lose.

As always,  it all depends on which Josh shows up.  He's pretty darned inconsistent this year.

49 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We have been pulling out ugly wins for weeks now, which is great, but that stuff won't work against a team as good as the Bengals.  

As always,  it all depends on which Josh shows up.  He's pretty darned inconsistent this year.

Their last  5 games scorecard:

Bengals 22,  Patriots 18 

Bengals 34,  Buccaneers 23

Bengals 23,  Browns 10

Bengals 27,  Chiefs 24

Bengals 20,  Titans 16

Three of the 5 games are by less than a TD.  In the same period, the Bills scores

Bills 35, Chicago 13

Bills 32, Miami 29

Bills 20  NYJ.  12

Bills 24.  NE 10

Bills 28,   Detroit 25

Bills 31,   Browns 23

Only one game is by less than a TD.  Granted that the games against the Jets and Detroit were lot closer...However, the Jets and Lions came into Orchard Park with their own hot streak. Also, divisions games are never easy.   Do the Bills have issues and do they need fix them - absolutely.  However, they are also 12-3 and top of the AFC.   Go Bills !

• Agree 1

If we don’t turn the ball over, we win

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

Bills clearly have the edge. We are the better team and I expect us to pull out a victory.

I find it interesting that we are clearly the better running team and I would like to use that on Monday

we don’t need Josh Allen to be the team we just need him to make accurate throws convert first downs and don’t turn the ball over

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Lool… i would love to be in that locker room and have a couple of words with our guys.. 😄

When they play on sunday here are 7pm so i can watch games live on Game Pass. Different when they play Monday night, here are 2pm so i don’t watch the game live because at 7am i get up to go to work. 

But when playoffs come, it’s another story, there’s no too late time. 

I joke that us being good has hurt my annual leave allocation from work. Too many days I have to take off to watch night games!!

13 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I almost always see the game live here (will be 2.15 am on that one)

Edited by Repulsif
  • Like (+1) 1

This game is too important not to watch live. What I do:

Game starts at 2:30am in Berlin. I set the alarm for 3:30am, turn on the projector and watch the first half, skipping all the commercials.

This way, I catch up to the live broadcast by late in the third quarter and watch the fourth completely live, texting with family back in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2

I said it in another thread but limiting penalties is usually based solely on the crew the Bills pull on a given week.  Things like offensive holding, and roughing the passer and based almost solely on the individual refs interpretation of a rule.  

Cheffers was awful last week with the holding calls.   Some crews let these guys play and others like Boger, Vinovich, Blakeman and Hussey want to be tv stars.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Game starts at 2:30am in Berlin. I set the alarm for 3:30am, turn on the projector and watch the first half, skipping all the commercials.

This way, I catch up to the live broadcast by late in the third quarter and watch the fourth completely live, texting with family back in Buffalo.

Berlin? Are you with State Department? Corporate gig? Just curious.

3 minutes ago, galept said:

Berlin? Are you with State Department? Corporate gig? Just curious.

Nope! Work in the art world. And my better half is German. Got two little kids here. 

I think the State Department folks can reveal what they do, like the ambassador or cultural attaché. There are surely other people working here who can’t. 

PS @Italian Bills we had a great time in Bolzano! Beautiful town. 

“The numbers” were attained in two completely separate sets of situations, and participants, so, no, the numbers don’t say it all, 

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Are they though?..   I feel this is a narrative that’s taken on a life of its own. 

“The red hot Bengals”

They were a Stevenson fumble on 1st and goal away from potentially losing to the Patriots … a division team we toyed with a few weeks ago. 

They went down big to a bad team in the Bucs, until the Bucs literally kept giving them the ball over and over on their own side of the field. 

They’ve won 7 in a row, and lately it’s been ugly. 

We’ve won 6 in a row, and much of it has been us just going through the motions and/or also playing one good half. 

injuries play a big part this time of year .. We’ll have to see if Morse can go, but the Bengals are without Hubbard on DL and they just lost Collins from the OL. 

58 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Your neighbors must be thrilled with all the screaming that early in the morning. 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.