Do the numbers say it all ?

Italian Bills

10 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not sure how you count, but two games were by three points, and two others 8 points which is a TD and 2 pt conversion away from a tie.  The two games that they won by more were still close till close to the end so Bills games have been just as close IMO.  Bengals beat Miami when they were playing at their best and Chiefs are 2 good wins by them, rest of their wins were against teams not playing that well.  Then again could make the same argument about the Bills and who they've beaten and who they lost to.

If the Bills offense was playing now like they were the first 5 or 6 weeks of season, I wouldn't be too worried, but right now Bengals offense seems to be clicking better than Bills at least from the eye ball test.

Per the bold, I’d argue that Miami wasn’t at their best vs the Bengals given that Tua played less than a half. 

13 hours ago, CSBill said:

It all adds up to a very simple formula for winning this game: (1) No turnovers, and (2) reduce the penalties (especially the holding penalties--on both sides of the ball).

On offense it is very hard with linemen out or playing injured.  

Josh is best when he is spontaneous and that causes issues with linemen because they are trying to anticipate what is going on behind them.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not sure how you count, but two games were by three points, and two others 8 points which is a TD and 2 pt conversion away from a tie.  The two games that they won by more were still close till close to the end so Bills games have been just as close IMO.  Bengals beat Miami when they were playing at their best and Chiefs are 2 good wins by them, rest of their wins were against teams not playing that well.  Then again could make the same argument about the Bills and who they've beaten and who they lost to.

If the Bills offense was playing now like they were the first 5 or 6 weeks of season, I wouldn't be too worried, but right now Bengals offense seems to be clicking better than Bills at least from the eye ball test.

Maybe Josh isn’t clicking, but the offense put up 250+ yards on the ground. That leaves me extremely optimistic. I hope we do what teams always try to do us. Keep Burrow off the field as much as possible grinding it out w/ long sustainable drives. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.