Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think we all know this but with regard to the Bills..............they haven't won a road playoff game yet under McDermott. 

0-4

It might matter less for some teams........I think it's basically a 50/50 split for everyone else in the playoffs over that period of time..........but it feels important to THIS organization.

Does it though?  The close game narrative that was killed pretty quickly this year is relevant as two of our three Road losses in the playoffs came in OT.  This is post Josh Allen draft.  To me a road playoff win is just the next check in the box since McDermott has got here.  

There may be some mental trepidation going to KC but we pry make it a bigger deal than it is compared to the players.

Edited by Doc Brown

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Does it though?  The close game narrative that was killed pretty quickly this year is relevant as two of our three Road losses in the playoffs came in OT.  To me a road playoff win is just the next check in the box since McDermott has got here.  

There may be some mental trepidation going to KC but we pry make it a bigger deal than it is compared to the players.

Just tired of seeing BUF at KC. I get the Chiefs had homefield in the playoffs with the higher seed the last two times. Even in the regular season its BUF at KC. It would be nice to see KC at BUF in these playoffs. Mahomes has never played a playoff game in a hostile environment. I think (hope) its time he does.

• Like (+1) 2

Despite a narrative of poor offensive performances the last month, no one has been able to stop the Bills O from driving and getting into scoring position. They’ve stopped themselves with penalties or turnovers more than anyone stopped them. As long as they play to talent and don’t turn the ball over they should score 30+ IMO. 

57 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Say it with us...YOU GOTTA PLAY US

Honestly, with all of this I get the feeling the Bengals really don't wanna play us.  Esp. since a loss means their game with the Ravens next week will be for the division.  They're scared, and trying to hype themselves up.

That’s been their motto since Burrow said it in a presser last year. It’s painted on the front of the stadium.

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Groot had 4 sacks in 4 games, and only 3 sacks in his last 8 games. I think Groot needs to be a difference maker today if Buff is going to win.

Agree, it's time to shine on the biggest of stages and prove this team can make a run without Von Miller.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Putin said:

So if it’s not a must win and if the # 1 seed is not important maybe we should sit our starters why risking any injuries? 

"Must win" means your season is over if you don't win.  This game doesnt end our season.  Therefor not a must win.  Makes things easier of course by winning.  Doesnt make them impossible by losing but you know all this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

"Must win" means your season is over if you don't win.  This game doesnt end our season.  Therefor not a must win.  Makes things easier of course by winning.  Doesnt make them impossible by losing but you know all this.

Losing would make it a steep uphill climb though.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Just tired of seeing BUF at KC. I get the Chiefs had homefield in the playoffs with the higher seed the last two times. Even in the regular season its BUF at KC. It would be nice to see KC at BUF in these playoffs. Mahomes has never played a playoff game in a hostile environment. I think (hope) its time he does.

Honestly, I am tired of playing KC in general.  They might as well just be in our division we play them so much. I mean, last year's division game has probably been the best football game I have ever watched but I am still tired of playing KC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.