Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

The narratives this past week makes me fairly annoyed.  Bengals have the better run game.  Bills 4 to Bengals 28.  Allen is just too turnover prone and Burrow is much better.  Allen has 1 more pick than Burrow.  Yes Cincy has a great wr corp and Buffalo will have a challenge stopping them.  However, no one mentions Cincy will be playing a rookie and Eli Apple vs Buffalos passing attack.  I feel Buffalo matches up very well.  I think Buffalo comes in focused and play there best game of they year.  Buffalo wins in Cincy 38 to 24. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Since the new playoff format started the one seed has been knocked out once in the divisional round, twice in the conference championship, and once in the Super Bowl.  If it wasn't for the most inept 13 seconds of coaching I've ever seen we would've hosted the AFC Championship game as a 3rd seed.  The two teams who've won the Super Bowl were a 5th seed and a 4th seed.

Does not getting the one seed make it much more difficult to reach and win the Super Bowl?  Yes.  Is the Bengals game a must win?  No.

I think we all know this but with regard to the Bills..............they haven't won a road playoff game yet under McDermott. 

0-4

It might matter less for some teams........I think it's basically a 50/50 split for everyone else in the playoffs over that period of time..........but it feels important to THIS organization.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think we all know this but with regard to the Bills..............they haven't won a road playoff game yet under McDermott. 

0-4

It might matter less for some teams........I think it's basically a 50/50 split for everyone else in the playoffs over that period of time..........but it feels important to THIS organization.

Neither has Mahomes….  Playing at home is big deal in terms of beating elite qbs.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The narratives this past week makes me fairly annoyed.  Bengals have the better run game.  Bills 4 to Bengals 28.  Allen is just too turnover prone and Burrow is much better.  Allen has 1 more pick than Burrow.  Yes Cincy has a great wr corp and Buffalo will have a challenge stopping them.  However, no one mentions Cincy will be playing a rookie and Eli Apple vs Buffalos passing attack.  I feel Buffalo matches up very well.  I think Buffalo comes in focused and play there best game of they year.  Buffalo wins in Cincy 38 to 24. 

Yeah.........I can't watch much of the talking heads discussing matchups with the Bills.    I've watched every Bengals game this season.   I know what to expect.    Same as I knew to expect that the Dolphins weren't going to unseat the Bills in the AFCE despite about 6 weeks or so of national media declaring it.    I expect a Bills win too.

• Like (+1) 6

Having home field throughout the playoffs is a must. Therefore the amount of pressure on me as a fan will not allow me to watch tonites game. I find watching the replay of a victory more satisfying. If by chance the other occurs I can simply ignore and take my chances with an away game where my expectations are much lower. Bills fan since 1965.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I suppose that it could be said that at least THIS TIME you didn't start an entirely new thread to specifically talk about your imaginary sports team........under the guise of your interest in others teams, of course.    

Of course, it is the REAL gameday thread so you probably figured it would get more looks this way. :lol: 

I hope that one of these years, you make a New Year's resolution to try to find positive ways to interact with other people, or at least not overtly insulting and negative ways. Remember, it's just as easy to be kind to people as to be rude and to try to elicit a negative reaction. It also doesn't cost anything to be nice.

Hope you had a happy holiday season and that you have a great and healthy 2023.

• Agree 1

Such a huge game with so much hype and discussion - It's going to be a great game and I agree it is likely to be anxiety provoking.  Two minor points that are a little under the radar: 1) This is like a playoff game with its implications and atmosphere - McD hasn't won a road playoff game - Let's end that streak tonight (so we likely won't need to play any actual road playoff games this year except for SB) and 2) These teams haven't played each other in ages - This game will be important for both teams as prep for when they are likely to face each other again later this month.  GO BILLS!!

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I suppose that it could be said that at least THIS TIME you didn't start an entirely new thread to specifically talk about your imaginary sports team........under the guise of your interest in others teams, of course.    

Of course, it is the REAL gameday thread so you probably figured it would get more looks this way. :lol: 

But it isn’t.

Another pathetic trolling attempt.  @Logic is living rent free.  

44 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

One of my favorites was when Marv Levy was asked whether a certain game was a must-win.  To which he replied, “This is not a must-win.  World War II was a must-win”.

Levy said similar when people would compare football to war.  Something like "I've served during a war.  Football is a game."

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Has there been any update on Poyer to give us an idea which way we are leaning with questionable?

Would be a massive blow if he is out tonight

I'll go on record and say if Poyer is out our chances of winning are 0%. Call me double o negative or whatever but it is what it is.

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is a must win for the Buffalo Bills tonight against the Cincinnati Bengals to get the home field and a bye is huge. The Bills going to a Super Bowl representing the AFC hinges on home field over the Kansas City Chiefs. If the Chiefs get home field through out again it is wait until next year for the Super Bowl for the Bills unfortunately. Because the Bills aren’t beating the Kansas City Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes in Arrowhead Stadium traveling to Kansas City everything that involves with a road game? I just don’t see it so home field through out the playoffs is a must. We will see what the Bills are made of tonight on Monday night football in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

48 minutes ago, Logic said:

I hope that one of these years, you make a New Year's resolution to try to find positive ways to interact with other people, or at least not overtly insulting and negative ways. Remember, it's just as easy to be kind to people as to be rude and to try to elicit a negative reaction. It also doesn't cost anything to be nice.

Hope you had a happy holiday season and that you have a great and healthy 2023.

What are you doin being nice to him? 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

0-4

Mahomes has not won a road playoff game.  0-...oh?  Yeah, he hasn't played a playoff game outside of Arrowhead.  Ever.  So yeah, it's very important period.  Also, we drop to #3 Seed, we're likely going to Cincy then KC to get to the Super Bowl.  We get #1 Seed, we'll only have to face one of the two at most, at home,  maybe neither if there is an upset or two.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

This is a must win for the Buffalo Bills tonight against the Cincinnati Bengals to get the home field and a bye is huge. The Bills going to a Super Bowl representing the AFC hinges on home field over the Kansas City Chiefs. If the Chiefs get home field through out again it is wait until next year for the Super Bowl for the Bills unfortunately. Because the Bills aren’t beating the Kansas City Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes in Arrowhead Stadium traveling to Kansas City everything that involves with a road game? I just don’t see it so home field through out the playoffs is a must. We will see what the Bills are made of tonight on Monday night football in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

respectfully disagree with the bolded and I'll tell you why. If the Bills lose tonight they are still in the playoffs. If it is second or third seed I'm living with it. As will the team.

I am Not discounting how much of an advantage of playing at home means for the fans and the team. But do or die TONIGHT spelling in totality our playoff run chances? I by no means think the Chiefs are unbeatable at home. Did you happen to see how close the donkeys played them yesterday?

SO that's my take.  GO BILLS come hell or high water.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

What are you doin being nice to him? 😂

Two reasons.

First, the whole game of a playground bully is to try to elicit a negative reaction from you. To try to get a rise out of you. If you don't give them what they want, they lose interest. Badol's will to bully is particularly strong, apparently, but I'm hoping one of these days he'll realize his obsessive and constant trolling attempts are a waste of his time and energy.

Second, I try to remember that "hurt people hurt". When someone tries to spread misery to others, it is because they themselves are unhappy or are experiencing pain. I see no reason to respond to the words of a person in pain in a way that would only attempt to cause more pain. Beneath his cruel and insistent miserliness, Badol is a Bills fan and a human being, just like me. I sincerely DO hope that he can enjoy happiness and good health and find a salve for whatever is causing him enough pain to make him feel the desire to spread that pain to others.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

LOL.

Say it with us...YOU GOTTA PLAY US

Honestly, with all of this I get the feeling the Bengals really don't wanna play us.  Esp. since a loss means their game with the Ravens next week will be for the division.  They're scared, and trying to hype themselves up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

One thing is for sure.. If the Bills take care of business tonight and close out the Pats next weekend, they will have EARNED the one seed.  

-One of the toughest schedules in football. 

-Major injury issues to star players all season. 

-Tough scheduling & weather issues. 

-Playing not one, but both teams we are competing for the one seed with, on the road. 

Would be quite the testament to the heart and grit of this team. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.