Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

24 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yeah sheesh. Almost every national media outlet is picking the Bengals. I just read an article on the Athletic the other day about the 1 seed and the question they asked the panel about the #1 seed was only Chiefs & Bengals discussion. I know Coach is gonna get these guys motivated to make a statement tomorrow night. 

Yeah let ‘em pick who they want. It has zero to do with the outcome of the actual game. It will just make the victory that much sweeter! 

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

Eh... to me its just like a SNL skit or any other skit show thats been around. These just aren't on TV because forms of delivering entertainment change. I grew up in the home video game boom of 80's and 90's and older folks said what you are saying about us. The older generations have always griped about what the younger generations do for entertainment whether it was radio, TV, video games, internet, and now apps. Guess society will continue to fall, or maybe its just passing us by.

I suppose but how can anyone call watching someone’s reaction to a game or a movie etc entertainment? It’s so, odd. 

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

They’re putting Shakir on the field a fair amount recently  - 16,12 , 22, 25 snaps or 20-39%

They have to be liking something he’s doing for them - maybe blocking down field?  You can’t expect a lot of blocking from McKenzie, Cole, and Brown or as Beane once said “the Smurfs”

OK, I saw the glimpse that time.  In the white puffer jacket.

You see what I mean about Saffold though?  Seriously, he looks like a TE

OK, who is it then?

Spider? Josh’s new bodyguard.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

No ? 
we saw the outcomes of the last 3 years 

Since the new playoff format started the one seed has been knocked out once in the divisional round, twice in the conference championship, and once in the Super Bowl.  If it wasn't for the most inept 13 seconds of coaching I've ever seen we would've hosted the AFC Championship game as a 3rd seed.  The two teams who've won the Super Bowl were a 5th seed and a 4th seed.

Does not getting the one seed make it much more difficult to reach and win the Super Bowl?  Yes.  Is the Bengals game a must win?  No.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Since the new playoff format started the one seed has been knocked out once in the divisional round, twice in the conference championship, and once in the Super Bowl.  If it wasn't for the most inept 13 seconds of coaching I've ever seen we would've hosted the AFC Championship game as a 3rd seed.  The two teams who've won the Super Bowl were a 5th seed and a 4th seed.

Does not getting the one seed make it much more difficult to reach and win the Super Bowl?  Yes.  Is the Bengals game a must win?  No.

So if it’s not a must win and if the # 1 seed is not important maybe we should sit our starters why risking any injuries? 

• Eyeroll 4

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

So if it’s not a must win and if the # 1 seed is not important maybe we should sit our starters why risking any injuries? 

I didn't say it's not important.  It's not a must win.  The Patriots have a must win game next weekend.

• Like (+1) 3

Around 30% chance of rain at 8pm increasing to 54% at 10PM and 67% at 11 . Thunderstorm possible in 10 oclock hour … it’s gotten a little worse forecast wise since yesterday. Could be looking at a delay in 2nd half. Definitely a concern as Josh has trouble in rainy conditions. 

5 hours ago, Big C said:

Yeah sheesh. Almost every national media outlet is picking the Bengals. I just read an article on the Athletic the other day about the 1 seed and the question they asked the panel about the #1 seed was only Chiefs & Bengals discussion. I know Coach is gonna get these guys motivated to make a statement tomorrow night. 

Last week I said KC wasn't losing to the Broncos and Raiders. Denver almost had them yesterday and the Raiders put up one hell of a fight against SF. Stidham played well as he had 365 yards and 3 TD's. Against that defense is very impressive. The Chiefs will still be favored obviously but if the Raiders can play like that against their hated rivals, then they have a shot. Hopefully the Bills can keep pace tonight with a win, so it doesn't matter what happens in the Chiefs-Raiders game.

14 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Around 30% chance of rain at 8pm increasing to 54% at 10PM and 67% at 11 . Thunderstorm possible in 10 oclock hour … it’s gotten a little worse forecast wise since yesterday. Could be looking at a delay in 2nd half. Definitely a concern as Josh has trouble in rainy conditions. 

Injuries and garbage weather...the Bills 2022 season in a nutshell. 

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Simply NOT how that works. No. 

lose this game, we play an extra playoff game(instead of week off, two weeks to prepare).  And there is a great chance we have to play both the Bengals and the Chefs(at Arrowhead).  So, yes the Bills could possibly still win superbowl if we are 2 seed.  But that is the much, much tougher path.  The Bills have a lot more to gain then the Bengals tonight.  This is the most important Bills game since the Superbowl!

11 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Injuries and garbage weather...the Bills 2022 season in a nutshell. 

resiliency, hunger, and an indomitable- our 2022-2023 Buffalo Bills!

Edited by Pete
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

lose this game, we play an extra playoff game(instead of week off, two weeks to prepare).  And there is a great chance we have to play both the Bengals and the Chefs(at Arrowhead).  So, yes the Bills could possibly still win superbowl if we are 2 seed.  But that is the much, much tougher path.  The Bills have a lot more to gain then the Bengals tonight.  This is the most important Bills game since the Superbowl!

resiliency, hunger, and an indomitable- our 2022-2023 Buffalo Bills!

Actually, because the Ravens lost last night this is a hat and t-shirt game for the Bengals. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Actually, because the Ravens lost last night this is a hat and t-shirt game for the Bengals. 

Don't the Bengals clinch the North tonight with a win. If the Bills win tonight, they will be the #1 seed. NE isn't winning at Buffalo. Lose and they are the #3. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.