Broncos @ Rams

T&C

9 minutes ago, Gordon Lightfoot said:

Then you never saw Hank Bullough

If you had a bad coach Hall of Fame, you could have a wing with just former Bills head coaches.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Kay Stevenson and Hank Bullough were by far the two worst coaches that the Bills ever had.

Carl Mauck too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

I remember Kay Stevenson. Maybe because he was so bad, I stopped watching the Bills during the Bullough year. Lol

1968-1971:

Harvey Johnson goes 1-10-1.

Jim Ringo goes 7-20-1

Then Ralph brings back Harvey Johnson who goes 1-13-0!  :death:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Kay Stevenson and Hank Bullough were by far the two worst coaches that the Bills ever had.

John Rauch tried to convert OJ Simpson to wide receiver. Somehow, he actually did better than Jim Ringo.

Bullough lost the team to the point where, when it was rumored that one more Bills loss would get him fired, Bruce Smith addressed the defensive huddle saying "If I catch any of you m*****f*****s making a tackle today I will f****** kill you"

Wow, these clowns on CBS on the post-game show are hilarious. Cowher says the Chargers are gonna be the scariest team in the playoffs. Then follows it up with "and oh boy, watch out for the NE Patriots if they get in. I will never count out a Bill Belichick coached team in the playoffs." And Simms agreed with him on Justin Herbert and the Chargers. Said Herbert throws the strongest, most accurate ball. And then Boomer has to throw in how the Jets still have a chance. These guys are such clowns. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Dead cap 107m in 2023 LOL 

image.thumb.png.15b39b203b1bf0af015d89db7c2873ad.png

Just have to wait till 2025 to cut him and use 1/4 of your cap space on getting rid of him 😂.

The only other options they have are to see if the NFL will excuse the contract if he’s dead and if so, take him to the train station or hold a fire sale, try to unload everything for next year, and stack all the early picks possible in 2024 take late round picks for 2023 so they can kill half the cap space by getting rid of him ASAP.

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Just have to wait till 2025 to cut him and use 1/4 of your cap space on getting rid of him 😂.

The only other options they have are to see if the NFL will excuse the contract if he’s dead and if so, take him to the train station or hold a fire sale, try to unload everything for next year, and stack all the early picks possible in 2024 take late round picks for 2023 so they can kill half the cap space by getting rid of him ASAP.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

What does firing a coach mid-season accomplish?  

Send a message.  Boost morale and give the team something to look forward to.

Weird thing is this: up until the Christmas Day fiasco, the Broncos had played hard (excepting Wilson, who's played like a man who's hurt, or a man who's afraid of getting hurt, or both). The offense has been a disaster all season, but the defense showed up every week. Today? After the bad start they just gave up.

So the only thing Hackett had to fall back on this year - the "at least they're still playing hard for him" - is no longer the case. I think they let him coach thru next week so they don't hang a KC blowout on the interim guy, but I'd expect to see him gone even before black Monday.

As for Wilson: he played kind of like the old Russell Wilson 2 weeks ago, and it ended with a concussion. Today: scared. Took 5 sacks, didn't run past the line of scrimmage at all. There's nothing the Broncos can do now other than try to squeeze a modest rebound out of him while they go maybe 6-11 or 7-10 next year, or move on from him with a colossal dead cap hit and a team of essentially replacement level players, trading away anyone of value, and bottoming out Lions pre-Stafford style.

16 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Umderstood, but he is still a consultant to the team and had a big influence in bringing in WIlson.

I follow Benjamin Allbright, he is a Broncos reporter and is pretty straight forward.  He said earlier in the season that Elway is rarely even at the facility and has little to no influence on the day to day decisions. 

Several others have reported the same. 

Edited by cle23

6 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I follow Benjamin Allbright, he is a Broncos reporter and is pretty straight forward.  He said earlier in the season that Elway is rarely even at the facility and has little to no influence on the day to day decisions. 

Several others have reported the same. 

https://twsn.net/2022/12/john-elway-russell-wilson-and-nathaniel-hackett-should-be-all-be-done-in-denver

In section #2 ...

"Elway would oversee a deal that saw quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, 2021 sacks leader Shelby Harris, two first-round, two second-round, and a fifth-round draft pick go to Seattle."

11 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

https://twsn.net/2022/12/john-elway-russell-wilson-and-nathaniel-hackett-should-be-all-be-done-in-denver

In section #2 ...

"Elway would oversee a deal that saw quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, 2021 sacks leader Shelby Harris, two first-round, two second-round, and a fifth-round draft pick go to Seattle."

True. He did "oversee" the 2019 draft. Last I checked, it's now 2022 ...

On 12/26/2022 at 12:08 PM, Roy Hobbs said:

In section #2 ...

Right. Some random article online, or a reporter who works in the building and has a history of being right. 

George Patton is the GM. He has final roster authority. Per Allbright about 2 hours ago: "John Elway is not in charge, and hasn't been in years."

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Right. Some random article online, or a reporter who works in the building and has a history of being right. 

George Patton is the GM. He has final roster authority. Per Allbright about 2 hours ago: "John Elway is not in charge, and hasn't been in years."

Elway is listed as a consultant to the team - you don't have to be in charge to provide advice to the current GM. What position did Elway play ? 

You don't think it was a group decision to bring Wilson in and sell the farm ? 

And George Patton is not the GM of the Broncos ... 

image.png.1ed1294bfee9f0925536039980755ac7.png

On 12/25/2022 at 7:23 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

1968-1971:

Harvey Johnson goes 1-10-1.

Jim Ringo goes 7-20-1

Then Ralph brings back Harvey Johnson who goes 1-13-0!  :death:

That was John Rauch not Ringo. Ringo took over after Saban left for the second time in the mid 70s. 

20 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Elway is listed as a consultant to the team - you don't have to be in charge to provide advice to the current GM. What position did Elway play ? 

You don't think it was a group decision to bring Wilson in and sell the farm ? 

The Paton thing was an autocorrect. So yes, George PATON is GM. 

Did they ask Elway? Sure, I'm sure they did.  Your previous article said "Elway would oversee" the trade, and completely left Paton out. He wasn't even mentioned anywhere in the article. 

Edited by cle23

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The Paton thing was an autocorrect. So yes, George PATON is GM. 

Did they ask Elway? Sure, I'm sure they did.  Your previous article said "Elway would oversee" the trade, and completely left Paton out. He wasn't even mentioned anywhere in the article. 

Just as Beane relies on assistant GMs, scouts and consultants - so does Paton. I have no doubt Elway met Wilson a few times in person along with Seattle management to gauge their interest. Paton was probably along on those trips and ultimately made the final decision on whether to accept Seattle's proposal. 'Overseeing' might have been too strong a word in the article but Elway was definitely involved and assuredly was trying to atone from his previous mistakes as GM. 

33 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. Now, I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed.

- General (Manager) George Paton, upon dismissing loser clown Nathaniel Hacket.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

That was John Rauch not Ringo. Ringo took over after Saban left for the second time in the mid 70s. 

Whoops, you're right. BTW Ringo went 3-20-0 in his two seasons. From '66 with Joe Collier through Hank Bullough in '86, with only a few glimmers of competency from Saban and Chuck Knox mixed in, was the Dark Ages of Bills coaching.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.