One of these things is not like the Others. Josh is the MVP in the NFL. There is no doubt.

Chaos

For better or worse PFF is the only place that publically grades every player at every position.  

Going into this week these are the grades for the Top Offenses and the Top QBs:

Josh Allen as the #1 QB in the NFL.  The Bills offense is Graded 14th.   Lets look at the gaps for the other top teams in the NFL.  Mahomes #2, Chiefs Offense #2.   Jalen Hurts #3, Eagles Offense #1.  Joe Burrow #4, Bengals Offense #4. Tua #5  Dophins Offense #5. 

bills.jpg 

josh.jpg

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chaos said:

For better or worse PFF is the only place that publically grades every player at every position.  

Josh Allen as the #1 QB in the NFL.  The Bills offense is Graded 14th.   Lets look at the gaps for the other top teams in the NFL.  Mahomes #2, Chiefs Offense #2.   Jalen Hurts #3, Eagles Offense #1.  Joe Burrow #4, Bengals Offense #4. Tua #5  Dophins Offense #5. 

bills.jpg 

josh.jpg

Right now Hurts is IMO going to win MVP. Next in line after him is Mahomes, followed by Allen.. with the dark horse being Burrow

Edited by PatsFanNH

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I think Josh is the best but I an not going to use PFF to determine if Allen is the MVP.

People that don't understand things really do have trouble incorporating the type of data PFF provides into their thinking. So I understand why you don't want to consider PFF. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Chaos said:

People that don't understand things really do have trouble incorporating the type of data PFF provides into their thinking. So I understand why you don't want to consider PFF. 

DVOA has us as the 4th best offense.

Are we going to use PFF ranking because its lower, which is of course your preference?  I can answer that…yes.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Right now Hurts is IMO going to win MVP. Next in line after him is Mahomes, followed by Allen.. with the dark horse being Burrow

There was a pretty good heated discussion after the game last night between 2 of the NFL Network commentators after the game. One person was pretty animated that Allen was the best, and that there are quite a few QBs you could drop into the Eagles and have a great team. His point was that the Bills were not even a contender without Allen.  The other person eventually conceded Allen was better, but only becaue he was more experienced.  So if the voters have similar views and don't grade on a curve to accomodate experience maybe Josh will win over the voters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Chaos said:

bills.jpg 

josh.jpg

Michael Robinson made a good point on the post game show.  He said if you take Hurts off of Philly and Allen off of Buffalo which team would be better?  There no doubt Philly has such a stronger infrastructure on offense 

If you truly look at the award as going to the player who is the most valuable - it’s probably Allen or Burrow with Mahomes a close third  

I’m not sure how much sense this is going to make but: Mahomes is the best QB in the league, He’s pretty close to the best I have ever seen at this point. The throws he makes consistently are incredible and he almost never misses. They don’t have much at WR right now and yet they are still deadly. Brady is the best of all time but this kid came in and has been absolutely lights out from

day 1. Power to him, seems like a good guy. Hate playing them but give him his due the dude is great…..

Josh Allen is the best player in the league. Truthfully nobody is close IMO. NOBODY can do what this guy can do. He’s a monster among men and the most fun player to watch since god knows when. This guy literally puts the entire team on his back and can do ***** that nobody has done past of present. Cannon arm, accurate, mobility that the game has never seen. Scramble to extend plays, use his legs to clip off 25 yard runs like it’s nothing, tight window lasers on the run, rainbow touch passes in the bucket, run linebackers over…..There is nothing this guy can’t do. There’s nobody I’d rather have in the league at any position. I’m so proud to have Josh Allen as the face of this franchise and there’s no doubt in my mind that this guy is the best football player in the league. Is he the MVP? He has been for the last 3 years. If they give it to him great. If not? We all know what this guy is. Everyone that plays against us knows what this guy is. An absolute freak monster that is the best football player on the planet and thankfully he wears a Buffalo on the side of his helmet.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Chaos said:

There was a pretty good heated discussion after the game last night between 2 of the NFL Network commentators after the game. One person was pretty animated that Allen was the best, and that there are quite a few QBs you could drop into the Eagles and have a great team. His point was that the Bills were not even a contender without Allen.  The other person eventually conceded Allen was better, but only becaue he was more experienced.  So if the voters have similar views and don't grade on a curve to accomodate experience maybe Josh will win over the voters. 

I doubt it. It’s has always been the hottest QB in the league and right now.. no one is hotter than Hurts. Do I believe he is better than Allen and Mahomes? Lol NO! But I also say Mahomes is 1 and Allen 2 in QBs in the NFL WITH burrows coming on strong. 

If the criteria is:

1)) a playoff team

2) Player that has the biggest impact IF he is replaced by an average player. 

josh or pat hands down. 

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

If you truly look at the award as going to the player who is the most valuable - it’s probably Allen or Burrow with Mahomes a close third  

I agree. 
but yikes! Josh last night—he wills that win. Running diving crawling throwing…Unfortunately…

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

always been the hottest QB

At least we don’t have to hear about Brady or rodgers!!

• Like (+1) 1

Josh won't win it this year but last night was the perfect example on how no other team depends on their QB more than Josh.

Defense was 💩.

ST's were 💩. Coaching was 💩

Yet Josh with his particular set of skills willed this team a victory. His arm strength, running ability and overall awesomeness was on full display that final drive.

When Allen makes a bad decision or throw you are surprised.  A few yesterday, but under pressure and tough conditions.  Again was there a single great catch made (yes Diggs on the first drive made one).

When he missed Diggs in the third I was surprised.

Again the play to end the half can only be made by Allen & Mahomes. 

The last drive in terrible conditions was vintage Allen.  Big third down passes in big situations.

The DPI on MacKenzie was too after a hold on him.    

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

Can you even imagine this team in AFCE without Josh ? 
AFCE 11-3 with JA17

AFCE 4-10 without JA17?

Kirk Cousins is the quintessential average QB. PFF ranks him 13th 7 spots below the Minnesota defense as a whole. So he is a minus 7.  Josh is a +13.  You are probably pretty accurate in your 4-10 assessment of the Bills without Josh. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

bills.jpg 

josh.jpg

Great point! 

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

Which conclusion do you disagree with. 1)Josh is the Best 2) He gets the least support of the Top QBs.   ?

This stuff is all easy to see if you have your eyes open. 

The NFL world is run by narratives. Some narratives change weekly, but others are VERY slow to change. 

It requires people to trust their eyes and guts to admit Allen is the best QB in the league. Until the narrative changes to Allen is unanimously better than Mahomes, many people will be very nervous to say it. 

The whole country will finally kneel after we win the SB this year. Mahomes will go down as Marino with 1 SB. Allen will be Elway. 

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who gives a ***** what PFF says.

The Bills pay PFF over $100K annually.

So that's an example of who.

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

DVOA has us as the 4th best offense.

Are we going to use PFF ranking because its lower, which is of course your preference?  I can answer that…yes.

The PFF ranking is the sum of the individual parts of the offense............some of that is opponent related,  which DVOA considers...........but the point is that Allen carries the Bills offense to success more than any other player in the league.     Their individual offensive personnel does not match up to opposing defenses like that of Philly, KC or Cinci.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.