Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

Not trying to be that guy…but…with your shut down CB already known to be injured for the majority of the upcoming season and your #2 CB suspect at best, you definitely do NOT pick a CB in Round One thinking he’ll be ‘good depth’. I want Elam to play and I’m not exactly sure why he isn’t. Odd. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Isn't he injured?? 

Yeah but by unplayable I mean he isn't a receiving option even when healthy.   Doesn't get open, double catches passes........just lacks the necessary skills to be an effective NFL WR.   Blocker and special teamer only.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not trying to be that guy…but…with your shut down CB already known to be injured for the majority of the upcoming season and your #2 CB suspect at best, you definitely do NOT pick a CB in Round One thinking he’ll be ‘good depth’. I want Elam to play and I’m not exactly sure why he isn’t. Odd. 

Slow down and think about it, it’s likely his “zone” technique that is not up to snuff, it is not attitude or work ethic, as McDermott himself has stated, I for one don’t see this as being any different than the, albeit irritating, slow integration of nearly every rookie McDermott brings along. None of the rookies have ever played a season this long or intense in their lives, that and not every drafted CB is Trey White…, 

GO BILLS!!!

As an aside all this Beasley hate is an interesting social phenomena.  I would think that given the facts that have emerged since the end of the covid outbreak Beasley's comments don't seem quit so controversial today.

As to whether or not he was a distraction, I agree with other posters who point out that there is absolutely NO evidence that Beasley was a distraction to the Bills football team last season.  And if he can add just one additional 3rd down conversion per game that the Bills would otherwise not have gotten his signing will be more then worth it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 10
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Seems that way to me, too.  I feel as though I read a lot of stuff here about "drops".  By what's scored, a drop is a ball a WR should catch with ordinary effort.  We have had some of those, but not as many as people think (exception of last game, when we had 5 scored - and no, it was 1 to Isaiah McKenzie)

But, I do feel that our WR don't seem able to come up with that "ooohs" and "aaaahs" contested, challenging catch.

Seems to me that the WRs who make lots of contested catches are playing with inaccurate QBs

That theme surfaces every year amongst the knowledgeable draftniks around here, wrt what teams need a 'contested catch' WR, and what it suggests about his college QB, etc.

I think our braintrust isnt looking for that type of WR, given who our QB is.

Edited by maddenboy

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ugh...just heard a leak that indicated Dorsey's game plan for Miami has Beasley doing mostly streaks and deep outs.*  :wallbash:

(* No, but would you be surprised? 🤣)

You heard wrong, it's jet sweeps that Beasley will be running all night.

• Haha (+1) 1

Got to say the Beasley signing is much bigger than most realize

So I will wait till later for the I told ya so's

Let's just say, Cole Beasley should have been a priority signing in the first place...he is Buffalo's Edlemen or Travis Kelsey,  very hard to stop

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s wild this much attention for a guy who averaged  8.5 and 4.3 ypc his last 2 years. 

never expected to feel this desperation at 10-3.

Just need a guy who will catch those first down routes that are being dropped.  

If McKenzie doesn't have TWO first down drops, on the second one, we get a first down in the red zone and perhaps put that game out of reach.  Instead we had to sweat it out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s wild this much attention for a guy who averaged  8.5 and 4.3 ypc his last 2 years. 

Yes, because those whole 4 catches from TB12 for 17 total yards is surely a qualifying statistic of what he can do. :lol: He averaged 8.7 ypr in 2017 for Dallas as well. He can contribute. Josh wanted him. The team re-signed him. I'll take the 8.5 ypr stat line (which is probably closer to what we can expect), the rapport with Josh, and the fact he can actually catch the ball on a regular basis, unlike Stonehands McKenzie. And Beasley just became the 2nd best route runner on the team, 2nd only to Diggs. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Got to say the Beasley signing is much bigger than most realize

So I will wait till later for the I told ya so's

Let's just say, Cole Beasley should have been a priority signing in the first place...he is Buffalo's Edlemen or Travis Kelsey,  very hard to stop

Don't leave out that he is also Buffalo's Beasley.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well, go watch his "subpar" 2021 highlight reel and let us know if you see the same production coming from McKenzie and Shakir?  Chances are, if Crowder didn't get hurt, we're not having this discussion, but here we are because we hurting in the slot.  Beasley had a nose for turning upfield and ducking under defenders to get a first down.   

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yes, because those whole 4 catches from TB12 for 17 total yards is surely a qualifying statistic of what he can do. :lol: He averaged 8.7 ypr in 2017 for Dallas as well. He can contribute. Josh wanted him. The team re-signed him. I'll take the 8.5 ypr stat line (which is probably closer to what we can expect), the rapport with Josh, and the fact he can actually catch the ball on a regular basis, unlike Stonehands McKenzie. 

H2o, those around here who mistakenly think that some of us believe Beasley will come in here and go 10 receptions for 115 yards and 2 TDs, don't know who Beasley is, don't know who he was for his time with the Bills, and don't know why we are excited to have him back. 

...Now...Dorsey just has to use him the way we are hoping / what Beas is good at doing.

EDIT: @H2o It is not unusual to have the same people also be the ones who were telling you that this short yardarge slot receiver was washed up after having 82 receptions last season (and the previous).  A  receiving total, that besides for anyone named Diggs, hasn't been exceeded by a single Buffalo Bill since Eric Mould's 88 receptions 18 years ago in 2004, if memory serves.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.