Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

So, I’m driving in from NJ Sat morning and staying overnight. 
Normally, it’s takes about 7 hours (have to stop for gas). 
Driving into the area from the south, should I plan on hitting awful weather? I was going to leave around 9, get into the area around 4. 

The snow is supposed to be focused more on the Buffalo Metro area during the day and then slowly drift south into the Southtowns during the late afternoon/evening hours...you will be right on the edge of that being an issue but as always with these things there is no set way to know before Saturday gets here and we see what happens with the wind directions.

45 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Miami weather is crap during September and they should be mandated to have an air conditioned dome before they are allowed to play games there.

Just build a dome that has a cut out above the visiting teams benches.

Problem solved.

Then we can say, it was part of the design and not to gain a competitive edge.

Edited by The Wiz

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Both top 10 QBs. When both are good you look at team success. End of discussion. Herbert has a ways to go.

Top 5 and rank them in any order you want but they are Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Hurts. IMHO.

Edited by Greg S

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

For snow? When? The Vikings roof was a borderline tarp. When was the last time a game got moved for SNOW and it wasn’t the Bills?

you okay man? you seem to have a real problem with the bills and snow. you are from wny, no? until domes came they played in the elements, never complained or cried dome, just played. you recall the ice bowl? so it snows in buffalo, take or leave it until you get your cushy dome.

you complain a lot.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you okay man? you seem to have a real problem with the bills and snow. you are from wny, no? until domes came they played in the elements, never complained or cried dome, just played. you recall the ice bowl? so it snows in buffalo, take or leave it until you get your cushy dome.

you complain a lot.

Dafuk? I just don’t want to see us have another home game moved. We already only had 8 and lost 1. If you are moving 1/4 of your home games in a season due to snow then I think the idea of the new stadium being open air needs to be reexamined. How is that complaining a lot? All I’m saying is i don’t want to see another home game moved. It’s a disadvantage to us

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The snow is supposed to be focused more on the Buffalo Metro area during the day and then slowly drift south into the Southtowns during the late afternoon/evening hours...you will be right on the edge of that being an issue but as always with these things there is no set way to know before Saturday gets here and we see what happens with the wind directions.

Forecasting the exact placement of a LE snow band days in advance is why the general public loses confidence in meteorologists ability to accurately forecast.  Stating that there’s a good probability for a LE event based on 925mb-850mb wind flow and the size of the fetch across Lake Eerie is one thing.  Attempting to claim that any numerical model or you as a forecaster massaging that model have any clue as to where that LE band will sit / meander for a given period of time and to the point they’re willing to assign accumulation ranges for point locations is beyond insane.  I would equally place as much confidence into the Farmers Almanac this far out.  There’s a reason why LE snowfall band placement and snowfall accumulation is one of the hardest phenomenon to predict, a subtle 1 degree change in wind direction can determine if you get 3 feet or 1 inch of snow.  I’m not trying to shoot the messenger, but this appears as a desperate attempt by the BUF NWS office to maintain relevancy.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Dafuk? I just don’t want to see us have another home game moved. We already only had 8 and lost 1. If you are moving 1/4 of your home games in a season due to snow then I think the idea of the new stadium being open air needs to be reexamined. How is that complaining a lot? All I’m saying is i don’t want to see another home game moved. It’s a disadvantage to us

who said the game was moving? I see many crying about snow and questioning if it will be moved back to sun or to detroit or where ever. little snow isn't going to move this game. as for the last move,you know what the conditions were and even if they had a dome, the game would of still been MOVED.

I would bet my bottom dollar that after the dome is built and another storm like the last one comes around, as it will, they'll high tail it to detroit.

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Stephen Ruiz has always hated Allen, this is nothing new. 

Haha yea isnt he the Herbert homer that writes for the ringer.  He put Herbert above josh pre season this year so he’s full of it.

Josh has outperformed Herbert this year with a similarly messy offensive line and an injured elbow. Idk how you can compare performances between josh outside in bad weather against the jets defense and Herbert against the dolphins in LA.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

DolphinsFall.gif

I can't remember exactly when, and a quick google search was not my friend, but deep in the old memory banks I seem to remember a team coming to Buffalo expecting snow but they didn't have the right shoes...brought the long spikes for grass instead of turf.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Forecasting the exact placement of a LE snow band days in advance is why the general public loses confidence in meteorologists ability to accurately forecast.  Stating that there’s a good probability for a LE event based on 925mb-850mb wind flow and the size of the fetch across Lake Eerie is one thing.  Attempting to claim that any numerical model or you as a forecaster massaging that model have any clue as to where that LE band will sit / meander for a given period of time and to the point they’re willing to assign accumulation ranges for point locations is beyond insane.  I would equally place as much confidence into the Farmers Almanac this far out.  There’s a reason why LE snowfall band placement and snowfall accumulation is one of the hardest phenomenon to predict, a subtle 1 degree change in wind direction can determine if you get 3 feet or 1 inch of snow.  I’m not trying to shoot the messenger, but this appears as a desperate attempt by the BUF NWS office to maintain relevancy.  

That was directly from the forecaster's discussion from NWS Buffalo at the time I posted...take it up with them if you have issues with it. I just paraphrased what they said in it.

To be fair, they stated in there quite emphatically that this was just what the early models showed, that it was still too early to predict with high levels of certainty where the heaviest snow would fall and that subtle wind shifts can result in massive differences.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.