Bills can clinch a playoff spot this week

Einstein

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Is it possible the Dolphins don't even make the playoffs?

8-5 with the Bills, Packers, Patriots and Jets.  I can honestly see them losing all these games.

Yeah but they have the best offense on the planet so I don't see that happening. 

Didnt you see them put up 17 points last night on the Chargers practice squad D? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

8-5 with the Bills, Packers, Patriots and Jets.  I can honestly see them losing all these games.

2-2 in the last 4...would 10-7 get them in for sure? 

Haven’t crunched the numbers but I’d say 10-7 gets MIA in 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I hate to be a homer but the Fish missing the playoffs would be sweet ……. Sorry, but I will always be a Miami hater ……

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think that Dolphins vs Jets game on the season finale will determine it. They should beat GB, will probably beat NE. I expect they will lose to the Bills. The Jets have two home games coming up (Lions, Jags). Neither of those are easy but the Jets should have a good chance to win them. Then at Seattle and Miami. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

I hate to be a homer but the Fish missing the playoffs would be sweet ……. Sorry, but I will always be a Miami hater ……

In a way I’d rather see MIA in than the Jets. Don’t get me wrong I want the Bill to crush the Dolphins this week but the Jets D is pretty tough. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

In a way I’d rather see MIA in than the Jets. Don’t get me wrong I want the Bill to crush the Dolphins this week but the Jets D is pretty tough. 

MUCH Agreed, "I'd rather see MIA in than the Jets."   

Would love to see the Dolphins at Orchard Park in January.  After that fiasco earlier in the season, (Buffalo at Miami), the payback would be very nice to watch.  The "fiasco" I am referring to:

- Rigged stadium conditions in Miami, (Shade for the home team, no shade for the visitors - NFL competition committee / NFLPA should seriously look into that).

- Dolphins "defeating" what was largely the Bills practice squad, then Dolphins / Dolphin "fans" celebrating as if they achieved something - what a pathetic joke.  Super proud of our Bills that day! Despite all the odds, they worked like hell and never complained one bit.

- Putting Tua back in that game after he clearly suffered a significant head injury. Then lying about, it stating it was a back injury, then impeding the NFL follow-on investigation, (If those reports are to be believed).  Tua is a really great guy - he's from the area I live at here in Hawaii, so I have some additional insights which admittedly make me a bit biased in his favor.

I previously never ever disliked any sports team, (Belicheck, Brady, Bryan Cox, Dallas Cowboys, etc., all fine by me.  This 'Fins team in pathetic - from the ownership on down).

Bottom line - 'Fins are vastly overrated and its showing.  

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It would be amazing if they didn't 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

(11) Rich Cimini on Twitter: "Playoff chances in the AFC, via ESPN analytics: KC - 99.9% BUF - 99.9% BAL - 99.6% CIN - 98.7% TEN - 79.9% LA - 79.6% MIA - 75.8% NYJ - 26.9% #Jets" / Twitter

Now that we have all these playoff teams, I wish they would give the teams the choice of who they play based on seed- 

1st seed gets the bye-  2nd seed picks who they play- 3rd seed picks their opponent (as long as they haven’t been picked) 4th seed plays the team left over as long as they (the 4th seed) wasn’t picked by the 2nd or 3rd seeds.  

crappy division winners get the benefit of playing an easier schedule and basically makes the playoffs by default. 

this titans team is 💩 and they don’t deserve a home playoff game, let alone a playoff bid.  As the highest seed in rd 1, the #2 seed should play the worst team. But they don’t because crappy division winners are given higher rank than every WC team.  Its nonsense.  

As it stands, the best WC team plays the worst division winner yearly-  

end rant 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

One of the NYJ or MIA getting seems very likely I'd prefer Miami so the Jets playoffless streak continues and they can eventually break the Bills record. 

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

Just FYI for those who weren't aware, a win against the Dolphins on Saturday night will clinch a playoff spot for the Buffalo Bills.

A win against the Dolphins also makes the division all but guaranteed (99% probability according to NYT and 538).

it’s not that percentage.

if buffalo beats the fins then magic number is 1 to win division.  Either bills win or fins loss

if the beat Miami then they and jets and Pats have 6 losses or more. Miami plays both which means two of thrm at least will have more than 6 loses ( even in ties because those are 0.5 Wand 0.5 L)

that means buffalo can’t finish in 3rd  place so they would be assured of being one of the top 3 non division winners because no 2nd place team in the south and no 3rd place can get to 11 wins.

if they did fall to 11-6, they would have an 8-4 conference record.

They have H2H on baltimore

Cincinnati would have H2H on buffalo

buffalo vs chargers at 11-6 — it would come down to common game record. Buffalo would be better.

if buffalo loses to Miami then Chargers-bills would be tied in common games.chargers have two of these to play….rams and titans.

Who remembers the “Root for the Playoff” threads on the old BBMB? The poster that would always post them had a South Park character for his avatar I think.

I remember following those during the drought until the end of the season when the scenarios become more and more improbable.

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

if Tua keeps it up…they will not win another.

Edited by ControllerOfPlanetX
Technical issue.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

That’s a debate you should have with the algorithm and statisticians at the New York Times and 538.

I’m a professional data analyst.  That predictive is crap.

in the nfl any team can beat any team on any Sunday.  Therr isn’t that much difference between teams.

This game makes me so very nervous...

The smelly fish actually have an offense that can put up some points...when working.

Meanwhile, the Bills offense has fallen into a doldrums pit as of late. Dropped passes, missed throws, missed blocks, penalties.

Still, Buffalo is on a 4 game win streak and would very much like to see that at 5...along with a playoff berth. 

9 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

This game makes me so very nervous...

The smelly fish actually have an offense that can put up some points...when working.

Meanwhile, the Bills offense has fallen into a doldrums pit as of late. Dropped passes, missed throws, missed blocks, penalties.

Still, Buffalo is on a 4 game win streak and would very much like to see that at 5...along with a playoff berth. 

The Dolphins 5 game winning streak came against teams with a .282 winning percentage. The last two weeks they have had to play good teams and look what has happened. The Dolphins are frauds. They have some good players as all teams do but the Bills should have no problem coming away with a win. Tua can't throw a ball in perfect conditions. What is he going to do this Saturday night if the weather is as bad as expected.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.