Observation on Tre vs the Jets

Bubba Gump

I was at the game and between me and the two guys I sit next to all noticed something with Tre. The weather sucked and the field was obviously wet. Tre seemed to be playing real soft coverage and was giving their WRs plenty of room. We were curious as to whether Tre was trying to protect himself from having to make major cuts on the wet field. He still had a decent game, but still seemed to play a little scared. Anyone else notice this?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I was at the game and between me and the two guys I sit next to all noticed something with Tre. The weather sucked and the field was obviously wet. Tre seemed to be playing real soft coverage and was giving their WRs plenty of room. We were curious as to whether Tre was trying to protect himself from having to make major cuts on the wet field. He still had a decent game, but still seemed to play a little scared. Anyone else notice this?

I noticed that he seemed to be a little tentative.

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

If only we had drafted a CB in the first round this year to help out, with Tre coming off a serious injury…

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

It may take a while for Tre to get back close to what he was, but I have little doubt that he will succeed.

Hopefully by the end of the regular season, he will be 95% or better.

We are going to need him to be at least that, come playoff time.

Edited by HunTim
Typo

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Contrary to what was being said in the game day thread, Tre'Davious White was NOT getting burned.

Yes, he gave up some receptions, but he was in good coverage for the most part.

Unless one knows what pass coverage they were playing, impossible to say one way or the other. 

They played a lot of soft man coverage against the Jets. Tre is good not great when in man, he excels in zone. Saying that, for it being man most of the day, I thought he did well. 

Watching the Chargers play press man agains the Dolphins and shutting them down, I think we will see more of the same this coming weekend.

3 hours ago, HunTim said:

It may take a while for Tre to get back close to what he was, but I have little doubt that he will succeed.

Hopefully by the end of the regular season, he will be 95% or better.

We are going to need him to be at least that, come playoff time.

I agree We Need Tre  back close to 100% for the playoffs! Go Bills!

• Agree 1

A couple things here, the field was wet, he’s playing against guys that are faster than he is when he’s 110%, safe is the right word, but I don’t necessarily think it’s him protecting himself as much as it is making sure one mis-step isn’t a touchdown.  He did miss an obvious read late in the game when the Jets were playing to the sidelines, he broke inside, was really shocked to see him make a “mental error” of the sort, but overall he played well.  

Keeping in mind this is really his “pre-season”, you also need to remember he doesn’t always start off real fast either, the year after his contract people were calling for his head because he wasn’t shutting people down the first 4 games of the year.  He needs to get in the flow more.

Scheme wise, he’s never been fast, probably isn’t full speed and we are missing safety help, plus the AFC East has become a track meet, expect him to play soft per coaching for the majority of the year.

7 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Yes everyone talking about how the guy who just returned from a year off football recovering from the worst injury an athlete can have looks a little bit off after pressuring the coach and team to start him for weeks when they were saying he wasnt ready.

That’s not even close to the worst injury an athlete can have

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.