NFL Week #14 - Jets at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Misleading stats. JA finished with 27 pass attempts. But there were many more called passes. He was sacked three times and scrambled on at least three or four more.  So the ratio is really more like 17 called runs vs 34 called pass plays.  

Some of those Allen runs were clearly called or at least called as options. Look, the point is we we’re more balanced than some are crowing about.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jethro_tull said:

sure they won but it was winning ugly and with room for improvement.  

way too many dropped, catchable balls for one.  the jets receivers caught them so it wasnt conditions.  

That’s just how it seemed to you. The Jets board wants to cut Braxton Berrios for dropping a TD pass. “ball hit the guy in the f-ing face.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, clayboy54 said:

Some of those Allen runs were clearly called or at least called as options. Look, the point is we we’re more balanced than some are crowing about.

I accounted for those.  The stats don't lie. It was a 2:1 pass called play to run called play in a game that was played in rain and wind.  

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

He’s right. -4 yards on two drives when you have to run the clock out is completely unforgivable in my book. This is worse than Daboll ever was. 

What’s most frustrating is they know running the ball successfully gets them the win; yet they try 1-2 times and bail then have no answer for how to get a first cause the weather sux. Really showed how vanilla the O is, whether by design or by personnel. 

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Bengals and Rams, last years SB teams...were both extremely streaky.  One week looks great, next looked like a different team.

This team just needs to get the offensive rhythm going....same problem as LY, heading into playoffs.  How quickly we forget the offense wasn't clicking on all cylinders consistently.  

Defense and S/T are playing consistent right now, and that's going to be huge come playoffs

That's fair. Lots of football to play. A lot can happen from now to playoff time. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I didn't realize the Jets are now at the level of the Chiefs.

At what point in the game did the Jets even hint they would win?

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

This is what you get when your HC & GM refuse to value the OL. Allen masks the problems sometimes, and at other times, even he can’t hide the fact that this is a bottom 10 OL. 

They suck!!!

Well….since you bolded the font…..this is a serious post

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

I agree with your assessment of Dorsey. That said, he’s a first-year coordinator. He deserves some slack for growing pains. We are lucky that we are winning while he learns on the job. I suspect he will improve slightly as the season wraps up.

He needs to improve ASAP. This offense will NOT win come January let alone February 

3 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Against the Jets DL, and without your lead blocking FB, you won’t generate a consistent running game. Their D is really good. That said, our run to pass ratio was pretty balanced, though. 24 runs, 27 passes.

10 of those runs were Allen and less than a handful of those I think were designed.

I don't mind him taking off when he sees the secondary drop back into zone and they are running that wide nine that he can get under it and he sees some room to get close to the sticks, but I am not behind him being the lead ball carrier in almost every game. Especially not in a game like this where we should be pounding that C gap with the way the Jets lines the DEs wide, and where they lost their star in the middle in Williams, and the weather is such that receivers are dropping balls left and right.

It is not being down on the team to call out Dorsey and say he has to do a better job, or they need to run his game plan through a committee of coaches to be sure it is sound. It is his first year and there is a lot of experience on the offensive staff - should not be afraid to tap into that experience coming up with game plans while he grows into the role.

But who knows, maybe it is a committee approach, Shula and Kromer have been around the block a few times. Not sure how much input Dorsey takes from the coaches around him. Would be an interesting question to pose to him, how game plans are developed over the course of a week.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

You do realize Jets D is ton better than Miami D. You do realize Miami is playing tonight on the west coast and has to come to Buffalo on a short we’ll. You can whine, I like our chances 

The Jets D will be the best defense we play the rest of the season and that includes a very good Bengal's D.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

Sadly, it is largely unbearable most of the time now, but especially right after games.  We have been invaded by an army of bandwagon fans that do not have a clue, plus the usual contingent of posters who are just miserable.  Enjoy the ride, or what’s the point.  

This is my perception, too. So many people ready to jump off a ledge every week, no matter the result. So many people who are absolutely living in that last 13 seconds from the KC game last year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.