No criminal charges against Araiza

Big Blitz

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If someone goes out somewhere with the intent of something happening and does so with motivation, then should we be surprised when it happens? Intent matters.

someone gets a gun and tells people they are going out with the intent to murder someone. They shoot a person, but then claim it was self defense and they weren't planning on killing anyone.  Do you believe them?

There is a BIG difference between consensual sex and rape. I doubt she was looking to get raped. (And I’m not saying she was, but the distinction had to be pointed out.) 

• Like (+1) 1

It should be noted that the bills cut Matt Araiza, so he could focus on the investigation. They figured, he would not be able to adequately focus on football while also focusing on this. He also, was clearly way to close to the alleged rape. Whether he was part of the gang rape or not, he still had sex with her that night. 

Everybody saying he is innocent until proven guilty. I mean, basically, he went from a jail sentence, to just being forced into working an everyday normal job like the rest of us. He doesn't need to keep his million dollar job, to be "free".

55 minutes ago, Draconator said:

WILL THIS THREAD GET TO 300 PAGES LIKE THE OTHER THREAD!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

With one person adding puke emojis to every post like the other thread?

• Haha (+1) 1

Imo…

The girl was slutted out. Came home late, drunk and marked up from being choked and hair pulled…and needed an excuse for her parents.

It never set right with her story of getting raped for an hour while her friends waited for things to finish up.

59 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Ah oh, here comes the TBD attorneys, 

Section 3 paragraph 6 

The real question is: more internet attorneys in this thread than internet doctors in the Von thread?

25 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I mean you're just flat out wrong on that.

You also sound like you think that if someone was arrested then they are obviously guilty.

If I want to prove you are wearing socks under your sneakers in a court of law, I need to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I can be positive you're wearing socks based on all the evidence I have leading me to make that reasonable assumption, but I can't prove it. That doesn't mean me thinking you have socks on is full of crap, it just means i do not have the evidence required to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Normally i would agree but the DAs wording that the evidence doesnt support the charges tells me they are calling her a liar. He said they dont support... he didnt say there wasnt sufficient evidence.

If he had said the latter I would agree with you. But based off the wording it tells me they reviewed the evidence and it doesnt corroborate her story 

26 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

100% false. Could not possibly be more wrong if it was your explicit intent.

I mean its true... the DA said evidence does not support the charges. The DA did not say that there was not sufficient evidence.

The first statement says the evidence doesnt match the story and the charges brought upon him.

Prosecutor was in a tough spot given the possible scenarios:

1. he raped her

2. he raped then gang raped her

3. He raped her then pimped her over to his boys, who gang raped her

Faced with this, Prosecutor concluded he could never proves which of these was most likely.  Each charge brings reasonable doubt on the other…..

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

There's a difference between being falsely accused and not having enough evidence to go to trial. If it's the former, he should be allowed to murder her, but it's probably the latter.

As far as Araiza is concerned, it's probably the former.  For his teammates and the gang rape, it's probably the latter.