Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

Just thinking of this year, his season was over even if he didn’t tear the ACL. I posted when they put him on IR that he was going to get scoped to see how bad that meniscus tear was. If it just needed to be trimmed he could have been back for the playoffs.

We know from the report that the lateral meniscus “moved” and needed to be put back. That’s BS. You don’t just push it back into place. It’s either shaved smooth or repaired. We now know Von had a large tear in the lateral meniscus and wasn’t going to be back for the playoffs anyway. If you repair the meniscus (which I bet they did since he was going to be non weight bearing from the ACL repair anyway) it’s 4-6 weeks non weight bearing before you even begin the rehab. His season was over, the MRI just gave us false hope. None of this make anything any better, just giving you guys a little insight.

BTW you can’t just tighten up an ACL in a pro athlete. He got a new (probably cadaver) graft so he’s on the normal post-ACL rehab cycle which means most of next season if this isn’t a career ender.

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Getting the #1 seed is even more important now. We’ve gotta find a way to get that bye week. Can we still win a Super Bowl without von is the question. When he went down in the lions game I didn’t think so based on how we were playing. Idk. Groot has to step up and be the man. Shaq has been itching to play more and he’s going to get the chance

Edited by BillsSbSoon

Super Bowl aspirations are still there but it'll require more of one person in particular - Frazier. 

It's not that any one man can get Buffalo into the SB, but Leslie Frazier isn't going to do what he drew up to beat KC with anyone on this team but Von Miller. 

I'm afraid that when that crunch time inevitably arrives again, he'll get conservative and give Kansas City/Cincy/ what it expects he'll do.  

5 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Super Bowl aspirations are still there but it'll require more of one person in particular - Frazier. 

It's not that any one man can get Buffalo into the SB, but Leslie Frazier isn't going to do what he drew up to beat KC with anyone on this team but Von Miller. 

I'm afraid that when that crunch time inevitably arrives again, he'll get conservative and give Kansas City/Cincy/ what it expects he'll do.  

Frazier needs to study what Bengals DC Lou Ararumo is doing. Beat KC three straight times and I think they held Mahomes to something around 250 yards passing last week. 

16 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Just thinking of this year, his season was over even if he didn’t tear the ACL. I posted when they put him on IR that he was going to get scoped to see how bad that meniscus tear was. If it just needed to be trimmed he could have been back for the playoffs.

We know from the report that the lateral meniscus “moved” and needed to be put back. That’s BS. You don’t just push it back into place. It’s either shaved smooth or repaired. We now know Von had a large tear in the lateral meniscus and wasn’t going to be back for the playoffs anyway. If you repair the meniscus (which I bet they did since he was going to be non weight bearing from the ACL repair anyway) it’s 4-6 weeks non weight bearing before you even begin the rehab. His season was over, the MRI just gave us false hope. None of this make anything any better, just giving you guys a little insight.

BTW you can’t just tighten up an ACL in a pro athlete. He got a new (probably cadaver) graft so he’s on the normal post-ACL rehab cycle which means most of next season if this isn’t a career ender.

100. Gotta reconstruct the whole thing in a pro athlete 

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Frazier needs to study what Bengals DC Lou Ararumo is doing. Beat KC three straight times and I think they held Mahomes to something around 250 yards passing last week. 

Because we were within 13 seconds of defeating KC in three straight games as well?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Look at that Philly D thou

As much as I hate agreeing with Brady, he was right about that super Bowl.

The Philly defense made ONE PLAY all game. 

It was the offense that won the game for the Eagles by scoring lots of points. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

23 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Leeeeessssliiieeeee Fraaaaaazzzziiieeeeer...

Your defenders are waiting on the field for you...

If you join us right now, together we can turn the tiiiiddddeee...

Oh, Leeeeeesssslie Fraaazier...

We play offenses that will yield for you...

If we manage to get this right...

We'll be champions by Februiary's light...

Bills Mafia will never be the same...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.