Panthers release Baker Mayfield

SCBills

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I just don't think Baker is a good QB at all.  I think Purdy will produce more.

I don't think very many people believe Baker is a good QB, but the odds are that Purdy will be worse.

WOW. Well lets just say the cream of the QB has risen to the TOP. And the Bills are so glad they chose whom they did and Not the consensus #1 QB in his class

(senor mayfield) Wow is my true reaction to this news.

4 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

What kind of collusion is this?! There has to be some sort of weird back door handshake happening here.

Between who? Every team in the league on the waiver wire?

Texans should take a shot at him. He's a Texas boy, and from what I saw him give to the community in Cleveland, would probably do a lot to help heal the Texans image with the fans too.

18 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Collusion?

Doubt it. Baker may have requested it if they are going with Darnold the rest of the way. Gives him a chance to get with a team before the offseason

9 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

What kind of collusion is this?! There has to be some sort of weird back door handshake happening here.

The Packers didn't release Rodgers. C'mon guys this is a backup 3rd stringer getting cut in week 14. If he wasnt a former number one pick this is barely news

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Process said:

He's a FA after this year. Houston makes zero sense. Why would the worst team in the league sign a QB for 2-3 games?

He'll clear waivers and sign with SF. No one is claiming him.

Because they need a QB and this is a great way to get him in the building and see where he is at, and if it works out, try to sign him to an extension before Free Agency. Even if he doesnt play much, at least the staff gets a look at him.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Collusion?

In the NFL? No way…, 

😂

15 minutes ago, eball said:

I don't think very many people believe Baker is a good QB, but the odds are that Purdy will be worse.

Baker isn't elite but he isn't the worst either. I can't see a playoff caliber team pursuing him though as that's a major distraction that can't be good for a locker room this late in the season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.