This is where the Rubber meets the road for the AFC seeding

gonzo1105

These next 3 weeks are going to shape the road for all 3 of the Bills, Dolphins, and Chiefs.
The Bills have 3 AFC East opponents in a row, The Dolphins have 3 straight road games against 3 tough opponents including the Bills, and the Chiefs have two straight road games against a Bengals team that beat them and a top notch Broncos defense on the road. Can the Broncos score enough.

Bills schedule: 

@Patriots

Jets

Dolphins

@Chicago 

@ Cinci

Dolphins: 

@SF

@LA Chargers

@ Buffalo

Green Bay

Chiefs

@ Bengals

@ Broncos

Texans 

Seattle 

Edited by gonzo1105

For the 1 seed, I see every remaining game as a must win.  We really have to run the table.  Chiefs are extremely unlikely to drop more than one game w/ what they have left.

To win the division?  Not quite as high pressure, imo.  I think we beat the Dolphins at home, and they have at least one more loss on that schedule.

I feel like we're probably going to end up w/ the 2 seed.  But there is a ton of football left.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

These next 3 weeks are going to shape the road for all 3 of the Bills, Dolphins, and Chiefs.
The Bills have 3 AFC East opponents in a row, The Dolphins have 3 straight road games against 3 tough opponents including the Bills, and the Chiefs have two straight road games against a Bengals team that beat them and a top notch Broncos defense on the road. Can the Broncos score enough.

Bills schedule: 

@Patriots

Jets

Dolphins

@Chicago 

@ Cinci

Dolphins: 

@SF

@LA Chargers

@ Buffalo

Green Bay

Chiefs

@ Bengals

@ Broncos

Texans 

Seattle 

The Dolphins 49'ers game jumped out at me. SF has a super defense and from what I've seen Miami's offense is playing over their head. It'll be interesting to see how SF defends them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I can see the Chiefs losing one more game. Their schedule is baby soft. We will have to run the table to get the #1 seed.

To win the division I think we just need to beat the Dolphins at home. They could have a couple more losses on their schedule. 

I was hoping for the Chargers to take them out last week.  That did not happen.

57 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Chiefs win next week and they will most likely get the 1 seed.

They barely beat the Raiders in their first game. Raiders went for 2 instead of an extra point to tie it, and still we’re almost in FG range at the end of the game to win. Also could see the Seahawks beating them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

For the 1 seed, I see every remaining game as a must win.  We really have to run the table.  Chiefs are extremely unlikely to drop more than one game w/ what they have left.

To win the division?  Not quite as high pressure, imo.  I think we beat the Dolphins at home, and they have at least one more loss on that schedule.

I feel like we're probably going to end up w/ the 2 seed.  But there is a ton of football left.

I’d agree.. that fumbled snap vs MIN will probably keep them from the top seed. Could still get it but it’s a tall order now. Best case is probably the 2 seed, but they’ll need need to win their remaining division games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Bills schedule: 

@Patriots

Jets

Dolphins

@Chicago 

@ Cinci

Dolphins: 

@SF

@LA Chargers

@ Buffalo

Green Bay

Chiefs

@ Bengals

@ Broncos

Texans 

Seattle 

Like someone said the season starts at Thanksgiving 

Bengals and Titans also have pretty tough remaining schedules remaining.  The one team with a pretty easy road is KC so will be tough.  Their best chance at loss may be next week.

On the other hand last season KC was cruising to easily have the #1 seed.  They still won it, but was very close by year end.   If I recal lright, if Bills had beaten Tenn, they'd have been the #1 overall even with all their mid season losses.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.