Projected AFC Standings

Warriorspikes51

I went through each team's schedule.

Gave the AFC wins vs NFC in most matchups.

1. BUF  13-4   (0-3 in Division after L at NE, rebound to be 3-3 in Division)
2. KC    13-4   (Losses to LAC and CIN/SEA)
3. BAL  12-5
4. TEN  9-8

5. LAC  12-5
6. MIA  11-6

7. CIN  10-7  (Head to head W vs NE to get in)

8. NE  10-7

9. NYJ 9-8

WILD CARD  

CIN at KC   
MIA at BAL

LAC at TEN 

DIVSIONAL
MIA at BUF
LAC at KC

CONFERENCE
KC at BUF  🙃

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

I went through each team's schedule.

Gave the AFC wins vs NFC in most matchups.

1. BUF  13-4   (0-3 in Division after L at NE, rebound to be 3-3 in Division)
2. KC    13-4
3. BAL  12-5
4. TEN  9-8

5. LAC  12-5
6. MIA  11-6

7. CIN  10-7  (Head to head W vs NE to get in)

8. NE  10-7

9. NYJ 9-8

WILD CARD  

CIN at KC   
MIA at BAL

LAC at TEN 

DIVSIONAL
MIA at BUF
LAC at KC

CONFERENCE
KC at BUF  🙃

I like and buy into your optimism. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel completely comfortable with Bills playing at KC again even after losing there the last 2 years in the playoffs… that game I expect to come down to the wire regardless of where it’s played.

I feel the home field against Miami would be much more meaningful IMO

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, julian said:

I feel completely comfortable with Bills playing at KC again even after losing there the last 2 years in the playoffs… that game I expect to come down to the wire regardless of where it’s played.

I don't think Miami would have a home field advantage over Buffalo in Jan. It won't be 100 degrees and humid. By that time the Bills should be a lot healthier than they were when they played in Sept. Miami barely beat Buffalo then. I think the Bills would beat them no matter where the game is played. Also, the Dolphins have a weak fanbase. Bills fans would invade their stadium.

• Agree 1

At this point I really don't know what to expect but going with the following:

1) KC 14-3

2) MIA 13-4

3) BAL 12-5

4) TEN 11-6

5) CIN 11-6

6) BUF 11-6

7) NE 10-7

Chargers and Jets also finish 10-7 but miss out due to tie breakers. Also think it will be MIA/KC in AFFCG with KC likely advancing and winning it all again against whoever makes it in the NFC.

9 minutes ago, julian said:

This is true.  Also, the one positive of the loss to Minnesota is that it proves that the team is perfectly capable of frittering away a sure win in an important game at home. Thus, proving that home field is not all that important.  We can play better down the stretch on the road than at home as we did in Baltimore and KC. 

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

1) KC 14-3

2) MIA 13-4

3) BAL 12-5

4) TEN 11-6

5) CIN 11-6

6) BUF 11-6

7) NE 10-7

Chargers and Jets also finish 10-7 but miss out due to tie breakers. Also think it will be MIA/KC in AFFCG with KC likely advancing and winning it all again against whoever makes it in the NFC.

I think this is more reasonable but you'll be flamed for it. Bills finish 7-1 while Dolphins go 4-3, I don't see it

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I don't think Miami would have a home field advantage over Buffalo in Jan. It won't be 100 degrees and humid. By that time the Bills should be a lot healthier than they were when they played in Sept. Miami barely beat Buffalo then. I think the Bills would beat them no matter where the game is played. Also, the Dolphins have a weak fanbase. Bills fans would invade their stadium.

All very valid points, I was more comparing the impact of playing at home against KC being less meaningful than playing Tua in Orchard Park in blustery conditions… obviously I’d prefer they Miami in Miami vs playing KC in Buffalo 

Just now, MarkyMannn said:

I think this is more reasonable but you'll be flamed for it. Bills finish 7-1 while Dolphins go 4-3, I don't see it

Anything is possible but yes I don't agree with the OP based on the way the 2 teams are playing right now because it would defy logic and there's nothing in McD/Allen's history that says they are going to near run the table with so many tough games on paper left.

Therefore my reasoning for the Bills finishing 11-6 is I see them losing once against the Pats (likely TNF in NE), again at home to the dolphins for the sweep, and then likely the MNF game at CIN.

At this point though would anybody be shocked to see a really bad loss to one of CLE/DET/CHI since all those teams are capable of the upset? That could really be a fatal blow to this teams playoff chances given how tough the AFC is going to be until the final week of the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Just now, julian said:

All very valid points, I was more comparing the impact of playing at home against KC being less meaningful than playing Tua in Orchard Park in blustery conditions… obviously I’d prefer they Miami in Miami vs playing KC in Buffalo 

If we do have to play KC, then I hope it's in OP. I don't think I could take watching another playoff loss in Arrowhead. 

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Anything is possible but yes I don't agree with the OP based on the way the 2 teams are playing right now because it would defy logic and there's nothing in McD/Allen's history that says they are going to near run the table with so many tough games on paper left.

Therefore my reasoning for the Bills finishing 11-6 is I see them losing once against the Pats (likely TNF in NE), again at home to the dolphins for the sweep, and then likely the MNF game at CIN.

At this point though would anybody be shocked to see a really bad loss to one of CLE/DET/CHI since all those teams are capable of the upset? That could really be a fatal blow to this teams playoff chances given how tough the AFC is going to be until the final week of the season.

I don't think the Bills are losing to the fish at home. They are good but they barely beat an injured Bills team in 100 degree heat. A healthy Bills team in OP. I like the Bills chances to win.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I don't think the Bills are losing to the fish at home. They are good but they barely beat an injured Bills team in 100 degree heat. A healthy Bills team in OP. I like the Bills chances to win.

They're snakebit this year in terms of health.  When is the last game they fielded the 22 from opening night, never mind Tre.  I mean, never mind Tre in that we're not going to see him this year in any case

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

They're snakebit this year in terms of health.  When is the last game they fielded the 22 from opening night, never mind Tre.  I mean, never mind Tre in that we're not going to see him this year in any case

Getting healthy is must. I hope they can get healthier if not completely healthy minus Hyde of course.

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

healthy?

when's this sorcery happening

Just now, Greg S said:

Healthier then. At some point they have to get some of their players back. At least I hope so.

Norman Bates's Mom had a good quote on this idea:

"Get down there and run the hotel! What do you expect us to live on? HOPE?!?!"

• Haha (+1) 2

We can win or lose any one of these games. The way we played our last three games, we will be lucky to go 11-6, maybe even 10-7.  This is a beat-up team that is finding Billsy ways to lose all over again.  And the coaching decisions have been putrid. 

My guess is that Josh has had a bad elbow long before the Jets debacle.  If he doesn't have his arm, we don't have enough horses up front to establish a run game and Dorsey is calling crap plays.  This team has been imploding before our very eyes and it's painful to watch.  How do you not take a snap and fall forward for the win.  That was so pitiful, it still turns my stomach.  I'm hoping they turn it around.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

NFL could see a first in the playoffs in 20 years.

18dd3d80-6543-11ed-adff-fb6e731971c5

NFL playoffs including four teams from same division for first time since 2002 is likelier than you think

If the playoffs started today, the entire AFC East, the Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and New England Patriots, would be in. What's more, another division in the NFC has a surprisingly good chance to do it, too.

Oddly enough, the NFC East also has an outside chance to send all four of its teams to the postseason after the Washington Commanders upset the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night.

I have the Bills and Chiefs both finishing 13-4. The Dolphins schedule gets way tougher after their next game, I don't see them winning more than 10 games, I have them as the 7 seed and I have the Jets and Pats both missing the playoffs. Unlike some, I don't except the Bills to stay in their current funk.

Edited by Amaru523

Right now everyone other than Hyde should be back in the next 2-3 weeks (I know, it feels like we have been saying that since week 1). But if we get everyone back and stay relatively healthy the rest of the way we will lose 1 more game max. Get healthy and go on a tear.

I don't see any way the chargers can go 12-5 that's kind of crazy.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

1) KC 14-3

2) MIA 13-4

3) BAL 12-5

4) TEN 11-6

5) CIN 11-6

6) BUF 11-6

7) NE 10-7

This (at least a lot of it) seems more realistic to me than the OP's prediction that we finish #1.

I don't see that happening at this point, but it still could.  

As long as we find a way to get into the playoffs, we should be OK.  

We will have to throw a switch and go back to lights out Bills play and if we do, we'll beat everyone save KC, and we can beat them too.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I would not be surprised to see a loss this Sunday against Cleveland.  It will be interesting to see how we play, and who is playing particular on D.  We will struggle to control their run game and their D has been good against traditional shotgun offenses like the Bills.  They have had problems with lots of motion and play action---stuff we don't do very much of at all.

And then you have the potential weather wild card as well, which only serves to lessen the gap between teams, and that favors Cleveland in this situation as we are the better team.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.