If the Bills lose to the Browns ?

Cygnus99

Can’t believe this team keeps losing but it’s how it’s going to be with josh at qb. He’s a slinger so it’s going to be a constant roller coaster of good and bad. That being said, get the defense as healthy as can be, get josh on a burner in the playoffs and we still have a shot. 

have a feeling the bills are going to be in a bit of financial jail and the overall talent is going to dip in the next few years. Best chance is now. 

Because I've been a Bills fan for about 30 years now, I'll tell you exactly what's going to happen....

The Bills are going to beat up on a couple of low tier teams like, oh I don't know, let's say the Browns and Lions.  Everyone is going to say the Bills are back on track and life is good again.  Most likely they'll make the playoffs.  Eek out a win in the WC round....Like they did against the Colts 2 years ago and then get thoroughly embarrassed and out coached in KC in the Div round. 

27 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Can’t believe this team keeps losing but it’s how it’s going to be with josh at qb. He’s a slinger so it’s going to be a constant roller coaster of good and bad. That being said, get the defense as healthy as can be, get josh on a burner in the playoffs and we still have a shot. 

have a feeling the bills are going to be in a bit of financial jail and the overall talent is going to dip in the next few years. Best chance is now. 

Best chance was last year...But we have McD.  He's an average to above average coach at best.  But he's the best one we've had since Levy and has somehow slipped rose colored glasses on all the fans and Colin Cowherd

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I wont be watching…For the first time ever, I will be taking a week off from watching the Bills- and, oddly, I am actually excited to do so…

They simply make me more miserable than happy, and it’s not good for my health…Life is too short…👍

I too have had enough. I'm going to the game & coaching from the stands. They don't seem to hear what I scream at them from my couch. Can't take anymore chances. Drastic times & all that.

• Haha (+1) 2

The season is definately not down the drain but unless they start to get back the better D players (Poyer, Edmunds, White) its unlikely they do any better than the 6th or 7th seed. Still better than nothing but a bit heartbreaking given the expectations at the beggining of the season. Will they lose to Cleveland - not likely but darn if Chubb goes for 150 it will be another last second loss or victory.

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I wont be watching…For the first time ever, I will be taking a week off from watching the Bills- and, oddly, I am actually excited to do so…

They simply make me more miserable than happy, and it’s not good for my health…Life is too short…👍

So true....yesterday was exhausting not to mention I acted miserable to people around me.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Should the Bills lose to the Browns. The season is over. There is no way that they will make it to the playoffs . Thoughts ? Are the Bills done for the season? The defense is a mess and Allen is not the usual self. This injury is a factor . How do we fix this ?? 

you need a math tutor ?   I can get someone to zoom with ya for 50 an hour 

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Considering doing the same thing this week, but it won’t be the first time in a while.

last year, after the bye week, we went through this same thing. Except

that time the team was healthy so it was even more inexplicable. 

anyway, I took a week off at one point and thankfully, something changed at halftime against the Bucs, precisely when we couldn’t afford to keep stumbling anymore.

I guess this team really has to hit rock bottom to go on a run. I know a lot of us feel like we might be at rock bottom right now, but we are indeed still 6-3, with a much tougher schedule than last year, and it also got worse last year before it got better (weren’t we 7-5 or 7-6?)

Should the Bills lose to the Browns. The season is over. There is no way that they will make it to the playoffs . Thoughts ? Are the Bills done for the season? The defense is a mess and Allen is not the usual self. This injury is a factor . How do we fix this ?? 

I don’t agree that the season would be over especially with the chargers loss last night but it certainly would push us towards seeming like a one and done team in the playoffs as a 6 or 7 seed at that point

i didn’t update every game from this week but the nyt playoff machine still has us at over 80% to make the playoffs with the loss this week and assuming a loss next week.  Nobody seems to want to hold on to the 6 or 7 seed…those highly touted afc west teams have completely imploded.  What everyone thought would happen to the chiefs with a lot of stiff competition in their division actually happened to us instead 😂

people can keep parroting the ‘injuries are no excuse’ mantra but the defense is absolutely ravaged by injuries and it will improve dramatically come playoff time.  Missing 5 or so all pro level players is outrageous.  When people say ‘every team has injuries’ it’s usually one or two great players and a handful of average guys that aren’t much better than their backups 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not over at all. Why are fans so dramatic? It’s a marathon. 

Just get in the playoffs.

So now the standard has lowered from winning the super bowl, to 1 seed, and now it’s just “get in the playoffs?”

Good lord. 

At 6-3 it isn't an actual must win game but in many ways it is. The Dolphins and Jets are good. We can correct that by beating them at home, but they need to stay with them in the standings. All three teams have three losses so record wise the Bills are still OK. Lose here and go 6-4 and the Bills can find themselves trailing them. It's going to be a fight to win the AFCE this year.

Hauntingly it's alot like last year repeating.  They lost some games because of the same reasons.  Redzone inefficiencies because they're too predictable with the pass.  So, everybody wants them to run.  Next couple of games they're back in the red zone but this time they run the ball.  The problem is, now that's predictable. Other teams read the sports pages and hear the talk leading up to the game.  I bet Dorsey now tries to run in the red zone but to nobody's surprise.  

30 minutes ago, McBean said:

So now the standard has lowered from winning the super bowl, to 1 seed, and now it’s just “get in the playoffs?”

Good lord. 

The standard isn’t lowered. What are you talking about? The season isn’t over if they lose to the Browns. It’s not over if they’re the 7th seed either.

Goal with Allen is win the Super Bowl. To achieve that goal you have to make the playoffs. Winning your division and getting the #1 seed is the easiest path to winning the Super Bowl, not the only path.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.