If the Bills lose to the Browns ?

Cygnus99

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The standard isn’t lowered. What are you talking about? The season isn’t over if they lose to the Browns. It’s not over if they’re the 7th seed either.

Goal with Allen is win the Super Bowl. To achieve that goal you have to make the playoffs. Winning your division and getting the #1 seed is the easiest path to winning the Super Bowl, not the only path.

Actually, after seeing this team after the bye week, it would probably be better to play a road playoff game than to give this team a week off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Yes , it would be officially over as far as being a serious championship contender. Realistically, it may already be at that point. If they don’t beat the Browns , and handily at that Bills fans can start looking to a change filled offseason and the draft. It’s far from a given that they’ll beat the Browns as Allen has lost his mojo and might be a two year wonder. I hope he proves me wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If I’m the browns I’m running 45x minimum Sunday and making the Bills prove they can stop it 

When you have Jacoby Brissett as your QB you can count on it. Chubb is going to get a lot of carries. I expect he will rush for at least 100 yards and a TD. I just hope the Bills don't let him have a monster game similar to what JT did to the Bills last season in that blowout loss to the Colts.

I think the Browns game could be a loss.  Cleveland will run some smart schemes, play keep away and not turn it over. They will wait for the inevitable Buffalo mistakes. Winning an NFL football game is a lot about successful 3rd down conversions and limiting turnovers.

They lose to the Browns?  Changes will happen to address that.  Short week so they would not be feeling sorry for themselves.  I expect a good game against the Browns and Detroit.  If they win those games, people will feel better about the team and the future.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not over at all. Why are fans so dramatic? It’s a marathon. 

Just get in the playoffs.

This is accurate. However, for many fans, this season was not about just making the playoffs, it was/is about home playoff games and possibly #1 seed. 

It just seems to me that for the Bills to succeed, even by a small margin, they have to be so dominant as to overcome the inevitable bone-headed plays. And now those plays are growing in numbers. And the Bills are no longer dominant. 

6 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Bills could very well lose to the Browns.

We're vulnerable to teams with strong running games.

Nick Chubb anyone ?

The pattern is teams run all over the Bills and press Josh to make plays to catch up.

Then he throws picks

Catch up? We were playing with a lead in both of the last two games.

23 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think the Browns game could be a loss.  Cleveland will run some smart schemes, play keep away and not turn it over. They will wait for the inevitable Buffalo mistakes. Winning an NFL football game is a lot about successful 3rd down conversions and limiting turnovers.

The book on Allen is now obvious, pressure with 4 against an anemic Bills OL, drop 7 into coverage.  The Bills dont have a run game to counter, and outside of Diggs, no real receiving threat that forces a scheme change or required double coverage.   The Bills get some big plays and may even jump out into a lead but can't sustain it by running down the clock.  It's the big play O

On the reverse side, the Browns have a great running game, and the Bills have yet to show the ability to contain that.  The game plan seems pretty simple to me, if I'm the Browns.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Airseven said:

Allen is his usual self. People need to stop pretending his two playoff games last year were the norm.

“Stop pretending a 2 game stretch is the norm for Allen”

”These last 2.5 games are the norm for Allen”

I’ve seen people contradict themselves on here all the time, but doing it in back to back sentences might be a first.

6 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Bills could very well lose to the Browns.

We're vulnerable to teams with strong running games.

Nick Chubb anyone ?

The pattern is teams run all over the Bills and press Josh to make plays to catch up.

Then he throws picks

Derrick Henry anyone? Oh wait that doesn’t fit the narrative.

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

“Stop pretending a 2 game stretch is the norm for Allen”

”These last 2.5 games are the norm for Allen”

I’ve seen people contradict themselves on here all the time, but doing it in back to back sentences might be a first.

Yeah I get it, but either Allen is a top end QB who has the occasional clunker of a game (or 4 in a row!), or he's an above average QB who occasionally has a great game

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah I get it, but either Allen is a top end QB who has the occasional clunker of a game (or 4 in a row!), or he's an above average QB who occasionally has a great game

He’s a top end QB that goes through slumps, just like every other top end QB ever.

11 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

The book on Allen is now obvious, pressure with 4 against an anemic Bills OL, drop 7 into coverage.  The Bills dont have a run game to counter, and outside of Diggs, no real receiving threat that forces a scheme change or required double coverage.   The Bills get some big plays and may even jump out into a lead but can't sustain it by running down the clock.  It's the big play O

On the reverse side, the Browns have a great running game, and the Bills have yet to show the ability to contain that.  The game plan seems pretty simple to me, if I'm the Browns.

Throw more screens or short passes to Singletary and Hines. They don't run it well enough, and they can't hit the big play every time either. Dump it off to the backs and see if that opens things up. 

7 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Should the Bills lose to the Browns. The season is over. There is no way that they will make it to the playoffs . Thoughts ? Are the Bills done for the season? The defense is a mess and Allen is not the usual self. This injury is a factor . How do we fix this ?? 

First the Lions do have a decent Offense when Healthy, but that D should be shredded by Allen all day.. it is beyond bad. 

4 hours ago, McBean said:

So now the standard has lowered from winning the super bowl, to 1 seed, and now it’s just “get in the playoffs?”

Good lord. 

The standard hasn’t lowered at all…it hasn’t been pretty but if we were reasonably healthy on the defensive side we would be 9-0 right now and we have a lot of impact players that should be returning to the lineup down the stretch .  

Come playoff time the expectation is still the Super Bowl.  

36 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Someone should’ve told the Vikings that yesterday then if it’s that clear 😂. Seemed like their gameplan down the stretch of regulation and ot yesterday  was to get no pressure, leave everyone open, let josh do whatever he wants with his legs, give his first read a step against single coverage on back to back plays to the end zone  and pray for a drop/bad throw.  

there’s certainly issues to address going forward  but that might be the flukiest loss I’ve ever seen 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.