Teams need spectacular plays to beat us by 3

Success

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

McDermott could have taken Jefferson out of the game by double teaming him.

He didn’t.

The problem with this train of thought is that we do not have the secondary players right now. You want to double Jefferson and leave who on an island? We have good depth players starting, not bonafide starters. With Poyer alone, we have some stability out there, but we can’t seem to get him healthy. Without Poyer, Hyde and Tre, we are rudderless back there. I do think Dane is a fine #2. He’s better than Wallace was. But when you bank your entire secondary around a decent #2 corner and no one else, you’re gonna be in trouble.

You just cannot blame Beane for not having four all-pro players as backups. Frankly, it’s just really bad luck that our entire secondary is down to one decent corner and a bunch of perennial backups.

Don’t forget that we had a substantial drop-off when Tremaine went down. I get that most don’t like him, but he was sorely missed in the second half. He was having a good game.

Edited by clayboy54
  • Like (+1) 1

I remember last year at one point we were 7-6 and the crowd here was calling to sell the team. Fast forward to “the perfect game” in the playoffs vs NE and all was forgotten. Chill people, this is life, things are unpredictable and every team is capable of winning at any given time. The Bills are not as bad as you think. I believe everyone who is very upset about this loss needs to take a 3 day break from Bills media. It will help immensely to see the big picture 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

The problem with this train of thought is that we do not have the secondary players right now. You want to double Jefferson and leave who on an island?

Literally anyone.

Force their secondary players to beat you.

You can absolutely not just continue to allow Jefferson to abuse you 1 on 1.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Gilberto said:

I remember last year at one point we were 7-6 and the crowd here was calling to sell the team. Fast forward to “the perfect game” in the playoffs vs NE and all was forgotten. Chill people, this is life, things are unpredictable and every team is capable of winning at any given time. The Bills are not as bad as you think. I believe everyone who is very upset about this loss needs to take a 3 day break from Bills media. It will help immensely to see the big picture 

It will be more fun this way.

Obviously, no guarantees - but the easiest part of our schedule starts this week.  We should go on a run here - and hopefully be back in the top spot at some point, or at minimum make the last week of the season interesting for KC.

Adversity can ruin teams, or make them stronger.  I don't think it's going to ruin these Bills.

2 hours ago, Success said:

I don't care what anyone says - the Bills are still the class of this league.

Jefferson was ridiculous today.  I couldn't even blame Jackson on a couple of those plays - it would have required perfect defense to stop, and then some.

The schedule ahead is very favorable, and we can reclaim the division just by making sure that the Jets & Phins don't sweep us, with both of those games at home. Tre is coming back, Groot should be getting healthy, Hines will be more in the mix w/ each passing week.  Davis found himself again, and guys like Cook & Shakir are starting to contribute more.

We have 3 losses that quite obviously could have turned on a play.  I don't like where we are right now, but there is something to be said for having to fight the last 2 months instead of just strolling to a coronation.

Stop making sense. I don’t like it 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

Jefferson was ridiculous today.  I couldn't even blame Jackson on a couple of those plays - it would have required perfect defense to stop, and then some.

The schedule ahead is very favorable, and we can reclaim the division just by making sure that the Jets & Phins don't sweep us, with both of those games at home. Tre is coming back, Groot should be getting healthy, Hines will be more in the mix w/ each passing week.  Davis found himself again, and guys like Cook & Shakir are starting to contribute more.

We have 3 losses that quite obviously could have turned on a play.  I don't like where we are right now, but there is something to be said for having to fight the last 2 months instead of just strolling to a coronation.

IMO, "still class of the league" is an overstatement right now, but I get where you're coming from. Despite another gut-wrenching loss we still go into most games as the favorite. And more than anything else I still think we have legit SB aspirations.  Bu there are legit concerns as well.  

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I'm just finding it difficult to find a positive out of losing several times a year on miracle plays...

It goes beyond any type of luck in my view..

Leave it to a Bills fan to turn this type of ***** show performance today in which we literally #### up a WIN, for the second time in consecutive seasons, into some definitive statement of our competence.

Who feels real confident with Nick Chubb coming to town?

Should be ok against a 3-7 Browns team with Jacoby Brissett, but unless the Bills are up 21 in the 4th you can’t trust this team. 

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

The problem with this train of thought is that we do not have the secondary players right now. You want to double Jefferson and leave who on an island? We have good depth players starting, not bonafied starters. With Poyer alone, we have some stability out there, but we can’t seem to get him healthy. Without Poyer, Hyde and Tre, we are rudderless back there. I do think Dane is a fine #2. He’s better than Wallace was. But when you bank your entire secondary around a decent #2 corner and no one else, you’re gonna be in trouble.

You just cannot blame Beane for not having four all-pro players as backups. Frankly, it’s just really bad luck that our entire secondary is down to one decent corner and a bunch of perennial backups.

Don’t forget that we had a substantial drop-off when Tremaine went down. I get that most don’t like him, but he was sorely missed in the second half. He was having a good game.

You take the chance man.

Jefferson has 180 on you.

You leave Thielen one on one.

How are you not treating Jefferson like a gunner on 4th-18??????????????

This is KC with 13 seconds left again and again.

Everyone in the world watching that play knew where the ball was going. 

Everyone but our coaches. 

Free release off the line, a moon ball by Kirk and our 7th Round draft pick on an island as the ball comes down. It’s insane. 

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

I agree with the op to an extent. Not sure why they kept having Jackson cover Jefferson all game. I still think the bills are top 3 in the NFL. They gotta get it turned around quick though 

They've lost to teams with a combined 23-7 record and it took a bunch of craziness for those teams to beat us and in reality we beat ourselves.

Bills simply have to stop beating themselves and they will not lose. 

24 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Who feels real confident with Nick Chubb coming to town?

Should be ok against a 3-7 Browns team with Jacoby Brissett, but unless the Bills are up 21 in the 4th you can’t trust this team. 

You take the chance man.

Jefferson has 180 on you.

You leave Thielen one on one.

How are you not treating Jefferson like a gunner on 4th-18??????????????

This is KC with 13 seconds left again and again.

Everyone in the world watching that play knew where the ball was going. 

Everyone but our coaches. 

Free release off the line, a moon ball by Kirk and our 7th Round draft pick on an island as the ball comes down. It’s insane. 

All Lewis had to do was knock the ball down instead of going for the INT. He was in position to make the play, he simply didn't.

42 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

The Bills needed to make routine plays to win all 3 of the games they lost.  

Yeah...multiple chances to make an easy play to win the game. It's frustrating. They are so good it's frustrating to see them do stupid things at the wrong times.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I mean it's true but it's ridiculous we can't just put the games away. All 3 losses we have had leads in the 2nd half and the last 2 by double digits. Not sure about the Miami game, maybe that was as well.

We have so many chances to make just ONE play and we can't seem to do it in those games.

There just seem to be an it factor that we are missing. Yes you can definitely point toJosh turnovers, lack of situational coaching, no running attack, etc but at end of the day it sure just looks like we don’t have the players/coaches to make the play or call when it is on the line. 

I rewatched that final play, that’s 60% coaching, 40% Allen.

The design was horrible, everyone in the end zone.

The TIGHT formation (needless to say I hate that) to start the play, there was a pocket, but Allen had no space to get out of there, Singletary is not an option because he leaks out so late, McKenzie had no separation.

The only play would have been for Allen to throw that ball away. 

5 hours ago, Success said:

Yep, we lost by just 3, 3, and 2 points against good teams who saw us as their SB. That's it. We have the highest point differential in the league at +99. (Philly is second at +90 and KC third at +64). I am not worried about this team. There will be bumps in any season, even for the best of teams.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.