The Josh Allen Performance Thread

KeLLy1278

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I knew Allen was not out of his funk. We will find out how mature he is and see whether or not he can stop the regression. However, I expect it will not be in time for the #1 to still be in play.

Let’s trade him Geno bunch of picks to the saints and we just rebuild this thing what do ya say? 

19 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

So you were satisfied with Allen’s play today?  Yes or no question.

Yes, I was more than satisfied. He led our offense to 30 points, which really should have been 33 if our head coach didn't throw up on himself in an easy FG situation. I am frustrated with the decision on the last pass but he also single handedly got us into that position to begin with. The read told him we have a post route into quarters coverage which is exactly what he wanted to see, but Davis wasn't on the same page and Peterson made a great read on the play. Allen repeatedly overcame a series of bad play calls and poor pass protection and dragged our offense up and down the field for most of the day. A poor decision on the last pass of the game doesn't negate all that.

Just todays performance or are we talking career to date?

I’ll tell you this, Josh is in a funk right now and he needs Dorsey and McDermott to point out that taking the easy throw is sometimes the best decision.

Tom Brady made a Hall of Fame career out of it.

He doesn’t need to make an eye popping play every time he drops back. I get that he’s feeling pressure to carry the team but he just has to play a little smarter and we’ll be fine.

The question is, do Dorsey and McDermott have what it takes to firmly point this out to Josh and be honest with him that he is hurting the team at times?

I hope so. Josh is an animal. Sometimes animals need to be corralled.

Edited by Beast

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes, I was more than satisfied. He led our offense to 30 points, which really should have been 33 if our head coach didn't throw up on himself in an easy FG situation. I am frustrated with the decision on the last pass but he also single handedly got us into that position to begin with. The read told him we have a post route into quarters coverage which is exactly what he wanted to see, but Davis wasn't on the same page and Peterson made a great read on the play. Allen repeatedly overcame a series of bad play calls and poor pass protection and dragged our offense up and down the field for most of the day. A poor decision on the last pass of the game doesn't negate all that.

Did you forget the fumble where all he needed to do was hold on to end the game?

2 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Highly overrated by this fanbase,. I'd take Tua over him, at least he doesnt turn the ball over.

Bad weather games are coming...

2 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Erratic throws especially in big spots.  I’m not sure if he was concussed recently but he is make extremely poor decisions.  The pick to lose the game vS the Vikes was a poor decision and a piss poor throw well behind the intended receiver.  

At this point.. he could be the best and the worst QB in football from one drive to the next and that’s not a recipe for winning big games.  The concentration just isn’t there.

If he is injured then taking a week off is not outrageous.

This is where good coaches and a quality sports psychologist come in. All the NFL teams have these people on retainer. Josh is going through a crisis of confidence. We have leaned on this kid to make up for a lot of shortcomings on this roster. It’s time to give Josh the support he needs or our lofty goals will be unrealistic.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Plus the dreadful fumble which gifted them the touchdown. I think there can be some sympathy on the 4th and down touchdown but it was a stupid playcall to start with and, if it was Josh's call not to kick the field goal, then McDermott should have pulled rank on him.

Outside of those three plays he played his best game since the bye. But those three plays cost us, even though I agree we wouldn't even have been in it without him.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Big Allen fan here. My eyes saw something different. I saw an Allen who didn't look elite passing the ball. Maybe it's due to his injury? He just isn't making sound decisions and seeing the whole field. His accuracy was off as well. He looked great running the ball and extending plays on the run. Elite QBs don't throw game ending INTs or fumble the game away. They finish the game by winning it. Allen is playing poorly and in his own words played like shi# last week. It's not all on him as the run game disappears in the 2nd half and everything on his shoulders. The coaches have cost the Bills a couple of games too. Injuries are the biggest factor to the Bills disappointing season. Allen's play the last 2.5 games is a close second. 

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Plus the dreadful fumble which gifted them the touchdown.

8 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Did you forget the fumble where all he needed to do was hold on to end the game?

I'm still not entirely sure what happened there. Was it a bad snap from Morse? It was just a bizarre flukey play, I don't think Allen made a specific mistake. If he did just fumble the snap that is very frustrating but I don't know how to factor that play into the context of his overall play.

I think the only really bad play from Allen today was the last one. Unfortunately that's the play that will define the game, that's how it always works. But I come away from this game encouraged that Allen learned from his mistakes against the Jets and is working his way out of a slump.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm still not entirely sure what happened there. Was it a bad snap from Morse? It was just a bizarre flukey play, I don't think Allen made a specific mistake. If he did just fumble the snap that is very frustrating but I don't know how to factor that play into the context of his overall play.

I think the only really bad play from Allen today was the last one. Unfortunately that's the play that will define the game, that's how it always works. But I come away from this game encouraged that Allen learned from his mistakes against the Jets and is working his way out of a slump.

He made exactly the same mistake today as he did against the Jets? Though I agree, overall his play was far better today than last week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I’m almost positive Allen tried to push forward before securing the ball. Almost positive being the key words.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.