GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

Just now, dpberr said:

Out of all the races here in PA, I'd suspect they'd be primarily interested in the governor's race.  On one hand, Mastriano is the conservative Republican. On the other hand, the Mennonites aren't fans of the Christian nationalist movement many feel Mastriano is aligned with.  

It boggles my mind that people who worship the same God can't even get along. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Ephesians 6:12 says, “For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.” 

"except when my party is on power," lol. 

Just now, B-Man said:

Satan’s lies pit us against one another. They cause our wounds to fester and make it impossible for us to heal. They force us into isolation and separate us from the very people God has placed in our lives to fight alongside.

Ephesians 6:12 says, “For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.”

That's one way to look at it.  For an agnostic atheist like me, I just think people are *****.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

First trip to local supermarket (Weiss) in over a month plus for me.  

Holy f…..ing disaster.  

2 Red Baron frozen pizzas 

1 gallon milk

1 32 oz Oykos yogurt 

1 bag cape cod chips

= $27 

Unsustainable.  

But at least we slowed the spread everyone!

Send them all to the ash heap today.  

I’d make a snarky comment about the price but I’m still ‘digesting’ your shopping list. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dpberr said:

An interesting detail in my neck of the woods is the greater number of Mennonites at the polls today. 

A lot more than I've seen in previous elections.  You'll usually see a wagon or two, but the parking lot had many more wagons and bikes throughout the day today.  

Damn! My algorithm failed to account for the Mennonite Wagon Traffic Jam Effect! Back to the drawing board. Umm, drawing papyrus. No whiteboards in the Bible …

… seriously, that’s kind of interesting. Where do you live?

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

First trip to local supermarket (Weiss) in over a month plus for me.  

Holy f…..ing disaster.  

2 Red Baron frozen pizzas 

1 gallon milk

1 32 oz Oykos yogurt 

1 bag cape cod chips

= $27 

Unsustainable.  

But at least we slowed the spread everyone!

Send them all to the ash heap today.  

Meanwhile, Chef Jim is eating $69/lb handpicked morel mushrooms. 
Another poster is dropping $600 on a couple hundred wings (just a normal Sunday he says). 
This board is like a bizarro land focus group. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Yep. Just like a college basketball coach working the refs in the first ten minutes so his team gets that big foul call in the last 2 … both sides are furiously laying the groundwork for their upcoming complaints and lawsuits starting tomorrow. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. Just like a college basketball coach working the refs in the first ten minutes so his team gets that big foul call in the last 2 … both sides are furiously laying the groundwork for their upcoming complaints and lawsuits starting tomorrow. 

Yeah, I get the analogy with the Georgia activist, but the CNN poll about citizen's  discontent thats something important.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Exit polling is putting abortion high in peoples issues.

CNN has an exit poll on abortion;

Slightly fewer than 4 in 10 said they felt enthusiastic or satisfied about the decision, while about 21% said they felt dissatisfied, and roughly 4 in 10 that they were angry.

About 60% of all voters said that abortion should be legal in most or all cases, up from 51% among voters who turned out for the 2020 general election.

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

Exit polling is putting abortion high in peoples issues.

CNN has an exit poll on abortion;

Slightly fewer than 4 in 10 said they felt enthusiastic or satisfied about the decision, while about 21% said they felt dissatisfied, and roughly 4 in 10 that they were angry.

About 60% of all voters said that abortion should be legal in most or all cases, up from 51% among voters who turned out for the 2020 general election.

No doubt in anyone's mind that this would be a big issue along with inflation. It's all we've been hearing about lately.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Who's winning????

Probably the GOP. The question is by how much. 

If they net fewer than 30 House seats and 4 senate seats, then that is an underperformance and a silver lining for the Dems (for what it’s worth). Any more shows strong GOP gains. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1