GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

I'm about 8 hours behind here in AUS watching pre-recorded FOX News shows such as Bret Baier, Tucker, Hannity & Ingraham and they are pointing to New Hampshire and Oregon as potential surprise wins for the GOP.

In any event, as long as that miserable fat sow Stacy Abrams gets humiliated, it'll be a great day!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

well, for one you get situations like in Pennsylvania with the stroke victim who clearly needs to be at home resting and recovering vs. serving as a US Senator.  A lot of votes were already cast before the one and only debate between him and Oz.

For overseas military members - sure.  For everyone else… nah.

Oh nonsense.

Nothing stopped you from voting for this degenerate:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Watch for delayed election results

By Monica Showalter

The polls all say the same thing: Republicans will reclaim the House and Senate.

The Republican know this. The Democrats know this. And most alarming, the political operatives know this. They also know what the internal polls say, which are inevitably worse for Democrats because such things aren't push polls done for public relations purposes.

What's a Democrat to do? We know the Democrats are determined. They are fighting. They've got the big guns of their party, President Obama, Kamala Harris, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton and Joe Biden, out there on the campaign trail, each unwittingly blundering it up in his or her own way. Based on their common talking point about "saving democracy," it's pretty obvious they feel "entitled" to win, too. By their argument, the opposition is evil.

With this the case, their political operatives have undoubtedly been told by their moneybags masters: "Well, we'll just have to win, then," to use the words of Bill Clinton to his Machiavellian operative at the time, Dick Morris.

Which should be on the minds of all Republicans expecting an easy victory. 

What should concern Republicans now, given that victory is within reach?

We know.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/11/watch_for_delayed_election_results.html

• Like (+1) 1

well mateys I have battened down the hatches. I think today is going to be a bumpy ride. Which side has emboldened and enticed their side to vote the most today?

Will people accept the results if thy aren't in their favor? @-@

It honestly wouldn't surprise me either way if the American people vote their conscience and one party ends up the biggest loser tonight after all of this. That is of course what politics has become in our country. This thread was aptly titled. Its all a political Gamesmanship and who will "win" and who will "Lose"

for me it is pick your poison. 

GO USA Tck.

Signed muppy the cynical  anti-politico 

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I personally just don't believe that the government should bend over and impede the exercise of the franchise because of bad faith actors and poor journalism. 

I also reject the notion that poll volunteers are partisan. There are strict rules governing what can be done and said in a polling location and there is oversight and checks on the process. These are good people volunteering as part of their civic duty and should be applauded, not demeaned.

Those strict rules were brazenly broken by partisan actors in 2020.

See GOP poll watchers expelled from polls in PA. Poll workers papering windows in MI. GA ballot counting resuming in wee hours of the morning when they said they'd wait until next day. 24/7 required surveillance of mail in drop boxes not adhered to in many states and locations. WI ballot harvesting in nursing homes. Etc..

But sure, there are strict rules!

Rules made to be broken in plain sight.

11 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Frankly, many states have no problems with pre-canvassing mail-in ballots before election day and then getting all of the ballots counted on election day. Those states should be the ones we emulate. Going back to everybody just voting on one day because we are worried that gullible people will believe falsehoods about the election is cowardly and impedes the ability of people to vote.

Every state should strive for the gold standard: Florida.

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We’re having trouble communicating here this morning. (It’s an internet thing.) The problem isn’t technical. It’s perception! But I do want to push back on your polling worker comment. From your other posts I perceive that you’re in the legal profession. Do you also hold that Supreme Court clerks are supposed to be non-partisan? I sure hope so! 

I understand it's not technical. I just don't think the government should restrict the ability for people to vote because of bad faith actors. 

I don't think the SCOTUS leak is relevant but I am hoping that the Chief Justice makes the investigation report public. It shouldn't have been leaked and whoever did it should be held accountable. 

If you think poll workers are partisan, I would encourage you to volunteer to be one next time around and actually pay attention to how things work. It's a good experience and will dispute many of the myths around how things work. Even be an election judge for the GOP if you'd like (or whatever party). I did that one year and it was pretty cool.

And I am usually the first to push back on anecdotes, but yesterday a friend of mine who is organizing poll watchers for the local Dems called me. He had been sent the credentials via email but he works for the government, so he wasn't allowed to print them at work. I had him send the files to me and I printed them and dropped them off at his house later. He probably could have just printed them and gotten away with it (it's just a handful of pages) but since that was against the rules, we came up with a plan that involved an extra hour and a half of driving around because he didn't want to break the rules.

I think that example is FAR more illustrative of election workers than the myth that they are all partisans trying to rig the election for their party.

Just now, ChiGoose said:

I understand it's not technical. I just don't think the government should restrict the ability for people to vote because of bad faith actors. 

I don't think the SCOTUS leak is relevant but I am hoping that the Chief Justice makes the investigation report public. It shouldn't have been leaked and whoever did it should be held accountable. 

If you think poll workers are partisan, I would encourage you to volunteer to be one next time around and actually pay attention to how things work. It's a good experience and will dispute many of the myths around how things work. Even be an election judge for the GOP if you'd like (or whatever party). I did that one year and it was pretty cool.

And I am usually the first to push back on anecdotes, but yesterday a friend of mine who is organizing poll watchers for the local Dems called me. He had been sent the credentials via email but he works for the government, so he wasn't allowed to print them at work. I had him send the files to me and I printed them and dropped them off at his house later. He probably could have just printed them and gotten away with it (it's just a handful of pages) but since that was against the rules, we came up with a plan that involved an extra hour and a half of driving around because he didn't want to break the rules.

I think that example is FAR more illustrative of election workers than the myth that they are all partisans trying to rig the election for their party.

Thanks for the discussion. We’ll just agree to disagree. Have a great day. It’s all going to be fine. One thing we know is that Democracy is definitely NOT on the ballot. 

33 minutes ago, muppy said:

well mateys I have battened down the hatches. I think today is going to be a bumpy ride. Which side has emboldened and enticed their side to vote the most today?

Will people accept the results if thy aren't in their favor? @-@

It honestly wouldn't surprise me either way if the American people vote their conscience and one party ends up the biggest loser tonight after all of this. That is of course what politics has become in our country. This thread was aptly titled. Its all a political Gamesmanship and who will "win" and who will "Lose"

for me it is pick your poison. 

GO USA Tck.

Signed muppy the cynical  anti-politico 

Hey Mup,

No hatches to batten imo.  There will be a ton of political theater, a treasure trove of breathless reporting, and much to fret about what with the notion that democracy is on the brink. 

Cast your vote if you choose, take a pass if you like, consider historical precedent when it comes to midterms and move on.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Hey Mup,

No hatches to batten imo.  There will be a ton of political theater, a treasure trove of breathless reporting, and much to fret about what with the notion that democracy is on the brink. 

Cast your vote if you choose, take a pass if you like, consider historical precedent when it comes to midterms and move on.  

you often know what to say to calm me down. I appreciate your perspectives  on things. we are amigos that way. I have my one vote, I use it, and the rest is out of my control. I submit all of this to a much Higher Power than I.

PS: did u read the book "The Rainbow Fish" to your kids? Im recreating the cover  as a template for my coffee4kids papercraft project. Its going to be magnifico!

🙂 m

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

you often know what to say to calm me down. I appreciate your perspectives  on things. we are amigos that way. I have my one vote, I use it, and the rest is out of my control. I submit all of this to a much Higher Power than I.

PS: did u read the book "The Rainbow Fish" to your kids? Im recreating the cover  as a template for my coffee4kids papercraft project. Its going to be magnifico!

🙂 m

I don’t recall that book specifically.  We read a ton together and sorta remember Wanda the Octopus, but cannot say with certainty.  Cool cover though! 

On that note, one of my prouder moments as a parent was when my daughter called from college after a long class on employment law and told me that she kept thinking of me and this clip. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 1