GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Cult: Hey guys - why can’t some states count their votes quicker? I mean it’s not normal to take more than a day right?

GQP:

That’s total bull ***t

The President’s own Press Sec is saying these votes will need to “take time” well after today to count

If this was a GOP designed problem she would freaking tell us that no doubt.  

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Fetterman Suing to count votes without dates?

this must mean:

a) too dumb to complete a mail in ballot is just dumb enough to vote for him

b) those harvesting ballots on his behalf are idiots

c) there’s something else funny going on

d) all of the above 

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/08/fetterman-pennsylvania-undated-mail-in-ballots-lawsuit

Ladies and Gentleman - MISTA independent chimes in with a doozy. 

Meanwhile - who is filing frivolous nefarious lawsuits all over the United States?

Republicans sue to disqualify thousands of mail ballots in swing states The lawsuits coincide with a systemic effort by GOP leaders to persuade voters to cast ballots in person, not absentee

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2022/11/07/gop-sues-reject-mail-ballots/

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

They're not pulling shenanigans. No, not at all. ^_^

No DR “not at all”

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886dcb12woijqaaz4pcah

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That’s total bull ***t

The President’s own Press Sec is saying these votes will need to “take time” well after today to count

image.thumb.jpeg.525e3d44cc5b73b62f98c749f80cee33.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That’s total bull ***t

I swear to god, this board is just full of people wantonly speculating and totally incapable of even looking up simple facts.

Why some votes are counted later

Here's a good explainer with a handy chart:

image.thumb.png.044646f7d4318fb653fd4638848a6c37.png

States fall into a range of rules about processing and counting mail ballots; from processing and counting them as they come in, to not being able to process or count until Election Day. It's those latter ones that take a while to finish because they are waiting until Election Day to even open the mail. Then they need to complete the canvassing and verification before even counting.

It's not hard, people. Well, I guess it is to some of you...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I swear to god, this board is just full of people wantonly speculating and totally incapable of even looking up simple facts.

Why some votes are counted later

Here's a good explainer with a handy chart:

image.thumb.png.044646f7d4318fb653fd4638848a6c37.png

States fall into a range of rules about processing and counting mail ballots; from processing and counting them as they come in, to not being able to process or count until Election Day. It's those latter ones that take a while to finish because they are waiting until Election Day to even open the mail. Then they need to complete the canvassing and verification before even counting.

It's not hard, people. Well, I guess it is to some of you...

Goose….you love to be condescending. (Sorry if you don’t intend to be.) Everyone knows how votes are counted. The problem isn’t a technical one. It’s one of perception. When votes are counted long after other votes are already in it gives the perception that something nefarious might be going on. This is one reason why I support same day, in person voting. In a divided country, perception, not voting, is the biggest ‘threat to democracy’. My two cents. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Hey remember all you tin foil hat conspiracy nuts:

Since the Dems are rigging the election anyway, there’s no reason for you to go to the polls. Sleep in, stay home, and have a restful day!

Sadly I think you might be right. The Dems did such a great job of rigging the last election I don't see them doing anything differently. I sure hope I'm wrong.

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Goose….you love to be condescending. (Sorry if you don’t intend to be.) Everyone knows how votes are counted. The problem isn’t a technical one. It’s one of perception. When votes are counted long after other votes are already in it gives the perception that something nefarious might be going on. This is one reason why I support same day, in person voting. In a divided country, perception, not voting, is the biggest ‘threat to democracy’. My two cents. 

voting weeks in advance for no valid reason is “muh rights!!!”

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

voting weeks in advance for no valid reason is “muh rights!!!”

I’m actually in favor of a National Voting Day. Get rid of one of the outdated holidays where people use it to go shopping and replace it with this more important civic duty. 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

What's wrong with voting weeks in advance?

There’s nothing wrong with voting in advance. The problem, as Goose well described, is that it takes days to count them all afterwards. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

8 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Sadly I think you might be right. The Dems did such a great job of rigging the last election I don't see them doing anything differently. I sure hope I'm wrong.

If they rigged it, they SUCKED at it. Who rigs an election to LOSE seats in the House and barely hold the Senate, preventing any big legislation?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So Republicans not allowing the votes to be counted when they are received is bad, right? That's what you are saying. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

There’s nothing weongbwith voting in advance. The problem, as Goose well described, is that it takes days to count them all afterwards. 

Well, why did GQP state legislatures change the rules preventing the counting of votes until election day? 

So that simps like you can be manipulated by your masters into thinking something nefarious is going on?

Which is it?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

Well, why did GQP state legislatures change the rules preventing the counting of votes until election day? 

So that simps like you can be manipulated by your masters into thinking something nefarious is going on?

Which is it?

Huh? Are you completely crazy? You cannot have votes counted BEFORE Election Day! Sheeesh

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

If they rigged it, they SUCKED at it. Who rigs an election to LOSE seats in the House and barely hold the Senate, preventing any big legislation?

BINGO

Yea, the DEMS rigged it so HARD that they barely have a majority in the House and Senate.

IDIOTS!

image.thumb.jpeg.e2eb17a3f3af8627bead80404198c116.jpeg