Is it time to consider another kicker?

SydneyBillsFan

2 hours ago, yall said:

Yeah, 55 yards is "gettable" but at that distance it's probably less than 50/50.

Don't throw stupid picks, stop the run and you don't need to hope someone hits a long ball to tie the game.

I found a table that lists it at 53.57% from 55 yards.  Another site states it's unlikely to make FG beyond 52 yards

Interestingly 56 yards jumps up to 59.3%, then down to 36.7% at 58 yards.  Once you hit 60 yards it's pretty much always below 30% so again does validate that 55 yards is getting close to edge of reasonable made kicks

I think perception may be skewed for some fans, as other teams seem to make long FG's against us, like Zuerlein today with a 53-yarder, Matt Gay with a 57-yarder in Week 1, Boswell of Pittsburgh with a 50-yarder, Justin Tucker with a 51-yarder, and Butker of KC with a 62-yarder earlier this year. Why do teams make so many long FG's against us?

Edited by chongli

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Shouldn’t your top end Offense and MVP Candidate QB put up more than 17 points?  Maybe start there before slamming Bass for missing a kick 

He didn't 'slam' him. Just brought it up. I thought the same thing during the game. He's made me nervous all season, his kicks often seem to push and and not clear the uprights by much on kicks, and I've wondered if the kicks were much longer, would he miss them. Maybe it's the viewing angle, but he doesn't seem to kick many FG's straight through the uprights.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No.

I'm more concerned by the idiotic kick out of bounds

This I will agree with.

Bass is way better than that. Thankfully it was one of the few times that the defense stepped up and forced a 3 and out from the Jets, so Bass' kick out of bounds did not harm us.

As for the main topic, I am not concerned about Bass as a kicker. A 55 yarder is not a chip shot and he did make one from 51 yards today.

We have far bigger concerns than Kicker.

3 hours ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Omg what is going on here with this forum tonight?! LOL

I usually don’t come on TBD after a loss but the only other topic on social media seems to be the midterms and I want to escape from that stuff. I guess I can go to the adult websites and fortunately that is like 95% of the rest of internet so I will see you all on Thursday or Friday. 

Welcome to TBD PTSD, this always happens after a loss.

Granted this loss was very grotesque, and a lot of fans have reason to be angry, I know I am. 

Yet I am confident that the Bills will come back from this.

Six of 11 games today decided by 3 pts. That there is not 30 good enough kickers in the world points out the uniqueness of having one.

Seems to be the case more often at more positions. It’s a here today gone tomorrow league, pretty much how the NFL wants it to be.

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

It’s probably too early for that but I wouldn’t be opposed to it at some point. There’s really nothing special about Bass. Today wasn’t his first blunder of kicking it off out of bounds. It really shouldn’t happen, ever. 

This is where I am. It's too early to talk about getting rid, but he is eligible for a contract extension after this season and I will say this - I would not be rushing to extend him at all right now. 

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, klos63 said:

He didn't 'slam' him. Just brought it up. I thought the same thing during the game. He's made me nervous all season, his kicks often seem to push and and not clear the uprights by much on kicks, and I've wondered if the kicks were much longer, would he miss them. Maybe it's the viewing angle, but he doesn't seem to kick many FG's straight through the uprights.

If the go straight through are they more points?  

sorry I don’t see the issue people are having with the kicker.

Well, no, Bass is fine. But he does seem to miss kicks and boot kickoffs out of bounds when the team needs him the most. To be fair, he has also made some clutch kicks. I'm fine with his percentage, but there is no reason he needs to give the other team a start at the 40-yard line. Again. 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

If the go straight through are they more points?  

sorry I don’t see the issue people are having with the kicker.

No, but if the kicks are longer than 35, they may end up outside the uprights, which means they no good. It's not that difficult to understand , really.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.