Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Also, cover1 (slack channel or not) has no inside track to the Bills medical related news

Trust me, they do. There are times this year when I have known the status of injured players before it was officially announced. I don't usually post it here because I don't like posting injury speculation. I'm just doing it this time because it's obviously more important than usual.

55 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Aaron and Greg and Erik from Cover 1 have all posted hints that there is bad news coming and that they are "sick to their stomach." They said they will say it when it's officially confirmed but they do not throw random rumors out there. I have a really bad feeling right now.

Geez, I hope they're all wrong, but the post-game presser with Josh, he looked beyond just bummed about losing the game. The way he was talking and had his head down, I was like, this dude is seriously taking this hard.  Even harder than the playoff loss in KC last year it seemed.  It's almost like he already knew there was bad news going on with him.

Edited by Billz4ever

Just now, HappyDays said:

Trust me, they do. There are times this year when I have known the status of injured players before it was officially announced. I don't usually post it here because I don't like posting injury speculation. I'm just doing it this time because it's obviously more important than usual.

hmm. I certainly want to take your word for it, but it just makes no logical sense that they could have that info. They are in no way associated with the team. Unless there is a Bills staff member that's also a member of the slack channel. But then that person would be fired before long. Maybe they have a relationship with a player or two?

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

hmm. I certainly want to take your word for it, but it just makes no logical sense that they could have that info. They are in no way associated with the team. Unless there is a Bills staff member that's also a member of the slack channel. But then that person would be fired before long. Maybe they have a relationship with a player or two?

They def. have some relationships with players

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

Erik Turner has personal relationships with many of the players. It's how they end up getting so many players to do film breakdowns on their channel.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I didn’t say that he can’t. Just that made he could  throttle back if he’s hurt

Gotcha, ok that makes sense.  Although I think if Josh is limited, they likely sit him rather than risk playing him through it which is why they traded for Keenum.   Ultimate goal is to win a SB, so I think they would err on the side of caution with Allen rather than risk a bigger injury. 

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Amateur bowling and an élite NFL QB play have so many commonalities.

No,  I think he terrible play and another loss in the AFCE will get him to refocus a lot sooner than a sore elbow.

I even put the sentence in saying I realize they are nothing similar other then the general idea of sharpening the mental aspect to cover up physical limitations due to pain but 🤷‍♂️I knew it would still be said.

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Josh last pass, and right after his elbow injury, traveled further than any pass in the NFL in 6 years and was right on the money and hit Davis literally in the face for him to drop it 70 yards downfield.  

But you think he can't throw deep?

He could have partially torn his UCL and thrown that pass.    That would qualify as an elbow sprain.    I think he did that to some extent against Houston in 2019.  Depending on how serious the tear is he could play thru that.   Former Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka partially tore his UCL and has pitched with it like that for like 6-7 years now.    He intentionally doesn't throw as hard to protect it but would throw harder when he needed to.   The UCL is more likely to tear entirely once it's partially torn and really never heals completely without reconstruction but he might be able to finish the season.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.