Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

2 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Josh is going to say whatever Josh wants to say. It’s clear to anyone that Josh has not been right since the halftime at the Packers game. Something happened and he was shaking out cob webs yesterday. He has major brain fog going on. 

This maybe

4 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Like what?

Aaron and Greg and Erik from Cover 1 have all posted hints that there is bad news coming and that they are "sick to their stomach." They said they will say it when it's officially confirmed but they do not throw random rumors out there. I have a really bad feeling right now.

12 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

First off...I'm not making what Josh said up.  He did mention learning how to flip some throws like Aaron Rodgers does...adding to his repertoire.  I listened to the presser on Bills tonight late last night and heard his explanation.   He did sort of flip that throw, though, such that even if the defender wasn't there it would have been nowhere near Knox.  He didn't get anything on that throw.

Do you think the throwing motion was the cause for the INT?  Had Allen seen Gardener do you think he still "flips it" like Aaron Rodgers does or perhaps he avoids the throw all together?  

Nowhere near knox?

This whole thing reminds me of that Sabres ECF against Carolina when D-men were dropping like flies. I remember reading on SabresFans about Jay McKee having contracted a staph infection from his sweaty shinguards and thinking that was an absurd troll job. Turned out to be true. Sometimes when it rains it pours.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Aaron and Greg and Erik from Cover 1 have all posted hints that there is bad news coming and that they are "sick to their stomach." They said they will say it when it's officially confirmed but they do not throw random rumors out there. I have a really bad feeling right now.

I just went through their tweets and all I see is anxious worry about McD's presser, but no reason to be worried other than waiting on an Allen update.

Where do you see that they know more than we know?

Edited by SCBills

17 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I blame the Kyle Brandt film festival. Josh had to watch the Shining and McD's recommendation of Vision Quest in back to back weeks. 

All work and no play makes Josh a something something! 

I said this as soon as Kyle assigned him The Shining that something would go wrong, bad energy there man.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I just went through their tweets and all I see is anxious worry about McD's presser, but no reason to be worried other than waiting on an Allen update.

Where do you see that they know more than we know?

It's things I'm seeing in their slack channel that I get access to as part of my membership with then. And what Nate Geary just posted about the elbow. I'm just hoping at this point that he's only out for a couple games and not the whole year.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Not sure what part of that tweet thread you're seeing, but it's Nate Geary confirming an elbow injury for Allen.

The part before that where he posted the happy tears emoji and then someone asked if it was about his elbow or rotator cuff. I don’t understand the use of that emoji if it’s bad news…there’s like 5 sad crying emojis and he happened to pick the one happy one for bad news? Maybe he just doesn’t understand emojis lol. 

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Do you think the throwing motion was the cause for the INT?  Had Allen seen Gardener do you think he still "flips it" like Aaron Rodgers does or perhaps he avoids the throw all together?  

Nowhere near knox?

No...you missed my point.  I stand corrected after hearing Josh's presser that he didn't see the defender and that was the primary reason for the INT, but if you listen to that presser, Josh also said he "floated" the ball towards Knox.  (If it had reached Knox, it would have been a low catch even looking at this video.)   On the second INT, he said it was a brain fart.

We couldn't win a Super Bowl without Josh but we can win regular season games with Case. He is a vet QB who can play. This could benefit the Bills. They will have to run the ball more and have a more conservative game plan to help Case. Maybe playing that way will help them with the turnover issues they have been having. If Case has to play for a week or two then that wouldn't be the worst thing. Just no long-term injury.

Edited by Greg S
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

No...you missed my point.  I stand corrected after hearing Josh's presser that he didn't see the defender and that was the primary reason for the INT, but if you listen to that presser, Josh also said he "floated" the ball towards Knox.  (If it had reached Knox, it would have been a low catch even looking at this video.)   On the second INT, he said it was a brain fart.

You had a point?

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

We couldn't win a Super Bowl without Josh but we can win regular season games with Case. He is a vet QB who can play. This could benefit the Bills. They will have to run the ball more and have a more conservative game plan to help Case. Maybe playing that way will help them with the turnover issues they have been having. If Case has to play for a week or two then that wouldn't be the worst thing. Just no long-term injury.

That’s been our teams attitude with everyone. Don’t rush guys back, no big deal don’t dress guys that aren’t 100%. It’s just regular season…then lose to Miami and the Jets with guys out all over the defense. Not realizing that these “regular season” losses add up and are the reason why we keep having to go TO KC in the playoffs.  We need to start treating regular season games like they count because they do. If Tre White was “close” week 1, he should have been active yesterday. If Milano could have gone, he should have. I’d take 15 snaps of him over 0

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.