We need another WR bad

BananaB

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think the Bills could’ve done whatever they wanted tonight. But they had to stay within 10.5 points.

It sure seemed like that.  But I think the brain trust just wanted to beat a weak Packers team without showing too much to the Jets before next week's game.  They ran up a big lead, then held off the Packers and won the game.  They won the game, by a comfortable margin, and some people are worried because they didn't thrash the Packers like they did to the Steelers.  What the Bills are doing is stacking Ws, not blowouts. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Shakira's hips don't lie.

shakira-hips-dont-lie.gif

More entertaining than that second half! Bills have to step it up to get to this level of being professional!  Why can’t we ever get this for the super bowl extended half time show!? 😊👍

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Gabe is failing as a number 2 WR.  I had high hopes, but I think he is what he is.  An inconsistent solid number 3 WR.  Will give you one or two catches a game.

Bills fans can’t handle reality sometimes. Averaging under 3 catches a game as a number 2 in this pass happy offense is not good enough. 

9 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I mean...this team misses a mid-career Beasley for sure. We'd be darn near unstoppable. 

We were unstoppable for most of last night until Josh started making throws he knows better not to throw. Yet the Packers did have the top passing D going into the game so maybe they're better than they showed in the first half. 

• Like (+1) 1

This thread is… something. Context matters, but c’mon. We beat the Packers (who were full of juice) by 10 points. People have off games, outside of Diggs, most of the D, and Singletary, no one really played all that outstanding. 

This should be something celebrated, not an indictment. How many teams can play a C game and come out winning by 10 points? 

I get that we’re kinda spoiled these days, and that was less than stellar, but seriously. The team is great, deal with it. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I told you guys Beasley would be missed....you said no

Now go sit in the corner....

Diggs target share is up from 26.3 to 28%.  Slot targets are down from about 22% to 20%.  Other outside WR targets are down from 22.6% last year to 17.3% this year.  The big difference is RB targets are up from 15% to 21%.  

I'd say they miss his hands a bit, but a lot of his targets have shifted to Singletary and likely Cook as the season progresses.  They both are able to create more YAC than Beasley.  The crowder injury was unfortunate but Shakir seems to be coming along.  I don't think this team is any better with Beasley tbh. 

55 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

This thread is… something. Context matters, but c’mon. We beat the Packers (who were full of juice) by 10 points. People have off games, outside of Diggs, most of the D, and Singletary, no one really played all that outstanding. 

This should be something celebrated, not an indictment. How many teams can play a C game and come out winning by 10 points? 

I get that we’re kinda spoiled these days, and that was less than stellar, but seriously. The team is great, deal with it. 

I was thinking the same thing. We didn’t play all that well, seemed a little unfocused coming off the bye, and still won handily. We are an extremely dangerous team and Gabe is an excellent receiver. He is probably one of the strongest receivers in the league and comes through when needed.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Gabe is failing as a number 2 WR.  I had high hopes, but I think he is what he is.  An inconsistent solid number 3 WR.  Will give you one or two catches a game.

3 hours ago, BananaB said:

Bills fans can’t handle reality sometimes. Averaging under 3 catches a game as a number 2 in this pass happy offense is not good enough. 

I thought Gabe had a pretty disappointing game last night, especially the way in which he seemed more interested in fighting after the whistle than catching--and holding onto--the ball.

He has to be better--but you can't lean on that single game and say "he's failing".

It's hard to judge number of catches or even targets when you have no idea what the plays are, where they are supposed to go, how many passes that DON'T go Gabe's way are on Josh, etc.

I would like to see him catch more, but that could be on the OC.

It's really too bad that Beasely didn't have anything left and/or wanted to stay in Buffalo because you can definitely feel his absence at times this season in terms of a reliable option in the slot.

Still would like to see Shakir get a closer look there down the stretch assuming this team doesn't make any moves for another WR.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

wtf

I love Gabe Davis' explosive ability, but it's not a wild take.  

What has he shown to be considered a legit #2?   He's not reliable game in / game out.   He dropped a slant that would have likely been taken to the house and daggered that torturous game.  He allowed Jaire Alexander to get in his head all night. 

You can certainly get by with what Gabe is right now (one of the league's best deep threats/big play WR's) IF you have a reliable slot WR and/or TE to move the chains.  We currently have neither.  Our slot WR and our TE are also inconsistent splash play guys.  

There's got to be someone beyond Diggs and the RB's that Allen can rely on to move the chains through the air. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BananaB said:

Does Gabe or Isiah even have 20 catches this year? We lost Beas’s 80+ and these guys might not hit that combined. We need more then Diggs and Allen. Hope Beane is making calls because that was a ***** brutal game. 

WR with what players are active & those on the PS is one of the strongest rooms the Bills have RB is the weaker of the 2 !! 

• Haha (+1) 1

I usually bash and laugh at people with stupid overreactions after bad games but this is not that. This is legit. 

Gabe is inconsistent and mostly a deep threat. McKenzie is a gadget player and not a starter. And we have zero depth. 

This team needs more at WR. And that's nothing new, was one of our biggest needs in the off-season and we did nothing.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.