Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They is a strange argument. It's pretty stupid really. On a political message board a person trying to say other talk too much about the leader of the opposition party? 

Does this person understand this is a political message board? 

The ‘leader of the opposition party’ is playing golf today. (Just like BillSy said he did while in office.) You don’t see everyone else on here talking about Obama every day….do you? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

The Paul Pelosi Story Makes No Sense, and the Public Needs Answers

f6ff0940-be2e-4bb8-aa78-37f6170bffe2-860

I’ve stayed away from the story of Paul Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi’s husband, being attacked by a hammer in his San Francisco home to this point because of how confusing the fact pattern is. After all, it’s always best to not get out over one’s skis, a rule I’ve not always followed in the past, not so much on RedState, but in the lightening fast environment of social media.

But here I sit on a Saturday morning, reading all the details that have come out over the last day, and I can’t help but come to one conclusion: This story makes no sense.

I don’t mean that as a way to suggest some grand conspiracy. I mean that much more as an idle observation. What has come out about the attacker and how the attack unfolded simply doesn’t add up. Now, that could be because we just lack some additional facts that confirm the predominant narrative, but until those facts arrive, no one can be blamed for looking at the situation with some heavy side-eye.

What we do know is that Paul Pelosi was attacked with a hammer. He suffered some kind of injury that required a trip to the hospital and an operating table. We know that the police showed up prior to the attack commencing and that Paul Pelosi was attacked in their presence. We know the assailant was arrested in his underwear. We also know that a glass door was shattered.

It’s the assailant himself that is such an enigma, though. Shortly after his arrest was announced, the authorities claimed that he was a right-wing conspiracy theorist with ties to January 6th rhetoric. That led to the usual gnashing of teeth, accusing Republicans of somehow being responsible for the attack despite that rule never applying to Democrats when leftwing attackers target conservatives.

Regardless, the problem is that fact patterns about the assailant appear to be clashing. For example, aside from supposedly being a January 6th nutter, we know that David DePape is a hemp jewelry-making nudist protester. Here’s what his house looks like.

How does someone with that profile end up a Trump-loving, January 6th supporter as the authorities claim? I honestly don’t have an answer to that, and that’s the problem. The public needs more information, and this event can’t be allowed to be swept under the rug in the way Paul Pelosi’s DUI arrest was.

And let me be clear, none of this would matter if the press and Democrats weren’t jumping to the conclusion that this attack is somehow the fault of all Republicans. Those kinds of accusations are leading to people being suspicious of DePape’s background. If everyone had just come together and accepted that a crazy man did something crazy, it wouldn’t be an issue.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10/29/the-paul-pelosi-story-makes-no-sense-and-the-public-needs-answers-n650945

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They is a strange argument. It's pretty stupid really. On a political message board a person trying to say other talk too much about the leader of the opposition party? 

Does this person understand this is a political message board? 

LOL, are you trying to justify and rationalize the obsession?  There is plenty of political news to discuss right now, and very little pertains to the primary subject in your mind.  You are 100% on board with everything and anything Biden.  Its not all your fault.  Your programmers have done this on purpose.  If you listen carefully, you can hear it....trump...trump....Trump......TRUMP.......TRUUUUUUMMMMMMPPP!

46 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Speaking of the devil

Well, at least you don't deny it....

2 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

LOL, are you trying to justify and rationalize the obsession?  There is plenty of political news to discuss right now, and very little pertains to the primary subject in your mind.  You are 100% on board with everything and anything Biden.  Its not all your fault.  Your programmers have done this on purpose.  If you listen carefully, you can hear it....trump...trump....Trump......TRUMP.......TRUUUUUUMMMMMMPPP!

Well, at least you don't deny it....

Why would they want to talk about current political news?  Better off to obsess over Trump and all the fake scandals to fool themselves into feeling better about the shitshow the country has become under Joke.

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What conspiracy are you implying I scripted up, Tiny Dancer?  I commented on a report that suggested something other than what was reported later.  I suggested that it was an odd fact pattern, which it was.  

The only conspiracy angle raised was by you, seeing tales that were not spun, and fables never whispered by a roaring fire. 

Except you got it wrong and happily waltzed went down B-man’s conspiracy trail. I wonder why. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

The Paul Pelosi Story Makes No Sense, and the Public Needs Answers

f6ff0940-be2e-4bb8-aa78-37f6170bffe2-860

I’ve stayed away from the story of Paul Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi’s husband, being attacked by a hammer in his San Francisco home to this point because of how confusing the fact pattern is. After all, it’s always best to not get out over one’s skis, a rule I’ve not always followed in the past, not so much on RedState, but in the lightening fast environment of social media.

But here I sit on a Saturday morning, reading all the details that have come out over the last day, and I can’t help but come to one conclusion: This story makes no sense.

I don’t mean that as a way to suggest some grand conspiracy. I mean that much more as an idle observation. What has come out about the attacker and how the attack unfolded simply doesn’t add up. Now, that could be because we just lack some additional facts that confirm the predominant narrative, but until those facts arrive, no one can be blamed for looking at the situation with some heavy side-eye.

What we do know is that Paul Pelosi was attacked with a hammer. He suffered some kind of injury that required a trip to the hospital and an operating table. We know that the police showed up prior to the attack commencing and that Paul Pelosi was attacked in their presence. We know the assailant was arrested in his underwear. We also know that a glass door was shattered.

It’s the assailant himself that is such an enigma, though. Shortly after his arrest was announced, the authorities claimed that he was a right-wing conspiracy theorist with ties to January 6th rhetoric. That led to the usual gnashing of teeth, accusing Republicans of somehow being responsible for the attack despite that rule never applying to Democrats when leftwing attackers target conservatives.

Regardless, the problem is that fact patterns about the assailant appear to be clashing. For example, aside from supposedly being a January 6th nutter, we know that David DePape is a hemp jewelry-making nudist protester. Here’s what his house looks like.

How does someone with that profile end up a Trump-loving, January 6th supporter as the authorities claim? I honestly don’t have an answer to that, and that’s the problem. The public needs more information, and this event can’t be allowed to be swept under the rug in the way Paul Pelosi’s DUI arrest was.

And let me be clear, none of this would matter if the press and Democrats weren’t jumping to the conclusion that this attack is somehow the fault of all Republicans. Those kinds of accusations are leading to people being suspicious of DePape’s background. If everyone had just come together and accepted that a crazy man did something crazy, it wouldn’t be an issue.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10/29/the-paul-pelosi-story-makes-no-sense-and-the-public-needs-answers-n650945

thats the guys house?  Totally a right wing nut. Lol they think we’re stupid 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

That's great! 

Ignorance is strength! 

Fake bull####.  When have you ever heard the details of an assault two minutes after it happened?  Where’s Nancy?  Give me a break.  Desperation.  

11 minutes ago, Irv said:

Fake bull####.  When have you ever heard the details of an assault two minutes after it happened?  Where’s Nancy?  Give me a break.  Desperation.  

You guys are just a disgrace. You also will lose. Enjoy your killing while you can, You reap what you sow 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You guys are just a disgrace. You also will lose. Enjoy your killing while you can, You reap what you sow 

We’ll see. Ass whipping coming. The experiments are over. 

• Agree 1

its a sad state of affairs when people care less about a crime then what the perpetrators political affiliation is. but it is truley amazing in a country of 330 MILLION how many times the crime ends up being by someone who is not adherent to the ideology the media and federal gov repeatedly swear are the biggest threat/terrorist group in the country. whipping the left cult into a frenzy to cconstantly accuse the wrong people...again. and then reverting to whatabouts, changing the subject when they end up looking like absolute fools...again and again and again.

i would think just by sheer magnitude of the population/ the poor mental health resources and statistics they could at least see a few relavent ones routinley to correlate the threat level they are so sure about. and yet the number is so low that they have no choice but manufacture the enemy from thin air or cling on to past examples forever. all a poor attempt to desperatly cobble together a shred of vindication of why they think people who do not agree politically are evil.

it seems it will never end in the realization they just might be wrong.

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

i would think just by sheer magnitude of the population/ the poor mental health resources and statistics they could at least see a few relevant ones routinely to correlate the threat level they are so sure about.

and yet the number is so low that they have no choice but manufacture the enemy from thin air or cling on to past examples forever. all a poor attempt to desperately cobble together a shred of vindication of why they think people who do not agree politically are evil.

it seems it will never end in the realization they just might be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

i think the saddest part is that the media will put "right wing extremist" q anon or any other tag to the right in the headline and most people will glance and know the "whole" story. so the lie just multiplies to the unaware who cant be bothered to read a tad bit deeper. its understandable as life is tough and glancing is all some can do to get info in a busy life. what i will never understand are the exact same types of people will have STRONG opinions and swear they know all the facts. even become activists over a story and take time out of their day to type on message boards, hit the streets or worse violence. yet never put a 1/10th of that energy to seek even a few facts. its how we get covid hyteria for YEARS where internment camps are actually suggested. a world of info in everyone's pocket and this is what we are as a society. this happens repeatedly to the same people. at some point a portion of humanity lost the feeling of humiliation. i have respect for those i argued with over mandates and masks on here and i dont see anymore. if you cant admit you were wrong then at least they showed they felt shame.

as for others. still preaching to others. not sure how you can stay engaged on this board the way you do b-man. 

27 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If he’s a conservative, and is now in custody, that means there are literally ZERO conservatives left on the streets of Berkeley, California.

im sure at this very moment the far left is conceiving some new insanity and making anyone not up to date new far right extremists. got to purge somthing.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

im sure at this very moment the far left is conceiving some new insanity and making anyone not up to date new far right extremists. got to purge somthing.

What’s really sad is that either side of the political aisle would make this about politics. The issue here is rampant, and ignored mental illness in this country. Just spent a week in Hawaii and I can’t tell you how many people we saw staggering down the street rambling incoherent gibberish. Are most of them violent? Obviously not. But what are we doing as a civilized nation? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s really sad is that either side of the political aisle would make this about politics. The issue here is rampant, and ignored mental illness in this country. Just spent a week in Hawaii and I can’t tell you how many people we saw staggering down the street rambling incoherent gibberish. Are most of them violent? Obviously not. But what are we doing as a civilized nation? 

205 Republicans Vote Against Bill to Expand School Mental Health Services

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Stop taking everything on face value. The adults I saw this past week wouldn’t have been helped by another pork filled federal spending bill. WAKE UP! 

Please stop - you don't care about those people 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Stop taking everything on face value. The adults I saw this past week wouldn’t have been helped by another pork filled federal spending bill. WAKE UP! 

Never mind this has nothing to do with the current situation since it's a school mental health bill.  But what else do you expect from BSTime?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Never mind this has nothing to do with the current situation since it's a school mental health bill.  But what else do you expect from BSTime?

I expect virtually nothing from BillSy but I’m always fascinated to read his take on every subject. Even more so when he refrains from calling people names, and when he’s not posting childish memes, or yelling in a really large font. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I expect virtually nothing from BillSy but I’m always fascinated to read his take on every subject. Even more so when he refrains from calling people names, and when he’s not posting childish memes, or yelling in a really large font. 

Has that ever happened?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here’s the bill, please point to the pork. Since you say it’s filled with it, if you only want to point to a couple provisions that’s fine:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/7780/text?format=txt

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

when it comes to states like ours cal and ny where there is solid one party rule its looking more and more like problems that involve empathy are truley ever going to be solved. there's to much money to be made. gov pass bills to allocate taxes. numerous foundations are born. people always willing to donate to support those in need and very little oversight or alternatives by anyone.

for as much money that gets generated i would think people would demand actual results but seem content, because it warms the heart, to see alot of  the "results" are only services. what it amounts to is simply making those facing the problem more comfortable and reinforcing them staying in a perpetual state of need. more need more money. people are numb to the fact actually fixing problems like these are not all about comfort and care. locking people up in rehabs, monitoring them constantly so they stay committed in the workforce or take meds is going to be required but how many will choose it if living that way is made easier. as long as they are never forced to make that decision then i see it only getting worse.

That can't be true.  So you're telling us that not only did the intruder allow Pelosi to go to the bathroom but that Pelosi was dumb enough to leave the bathroom?  And then the cops just watched as the intruder bashed his skull in?  Yeah this sounds incredibly fishy.