Genesis of your screen name

AlfaBill

3 minutes ago, slipkid said:

Same band.

i was “Zippy” on a previous board. Something happened to that username. (And no. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t banned—generally don’t post controversial stuff.) i then became “marangi” because I loved the guy for like two games as a kid. I then realized that I was using variations of “marangi” for passwords at the time, freaked out, and deleted the account. I settled on this when I decided to create another username. ,

Oh, I should note that “The Who By Numbers” was my first album as a kid and “Slipkid” was my favorite song for a while.

• Like (+1) 3

I had a close female friend back in 1996 who was totally in love with Kevin Sorbo, and the show Hercules, The Legendary Journeys. She was on a Hercules and Xena, Warrior Princess message board. For some unknown reason (sic), she got me to join said message board. My handle on that board was "Armchair QB". The ladies there then decided that I needed a new name, and they asked my lady friend more information about me. She called me her Knight in Shining Armor, that's a little bit off in the mental game." There was a character on Xena named Draco that was also a little bit off in the mental game, so they gave me "Sir Draco". That stuck with me for a number of years into when I started my Rush fan message board. One day the members of that board were royally pissing off the administrator (me), so I changed my name to "Draconator" to take care of business.  

I'm still taking care of business. @RunJoshRun I see you...

• Like (+1) 3

44 minutes ago, Rico said:

Annoying troll name for a long gone Dolphins board I used to mess with over 20 years ago before FinHeaven even existed, never changed it when I signed up here. Miami Herald? Not sure but it was the biggest one at the time. I was the main Bills troll, RayRay was the Jets main troll, Pats didn’t have any one because they didn’t matter back then.

Always loved your avatar, along with the name 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And to clarify I retired from the kitchen in 2001.  So I was a Chef when I joined the board. Now I just Chef for fun not for profit.  

You are the only person here who knows what mine stands for... doubt anyone else here has been to that bar.

My first name is Jeff.  Growing up my mom often called me Jesse.  I had a favorite uncle who was a WWII vet that fought in Italy.  He handled mules that carried ammunition packs to the frontlines.  He died in 2009 with some shrapnel still in his body that surgeons decided not to remove.  He was farmed out as a boy, spent time in the CCC during the Depression and spent most of his working career as carpenter.  For some reason he took Jesse and started calling me Jessefeffer.  I figured he earned the right to call me anything he wanted and every time that I see it, I think of him.  Thanks OP for giving me a reason post about him!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

You are the only person here who knows what mine stands for... doubt anyone else here has been to that bar.

Ha!  I was there a few times. LOL!  

Here’s the crazy thing.  I just learned when I was back this summer that the address is actually Alexander not Attica!!  😱

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

My first name is Jeff.  Growing up my mom often called me Jesse.  I had a favorite uncle who was a WWII vet that fought in Italy.  He handled mules that carried ammunition packs to the frontlines.  He died in 2009 with some shrapnel still in his body that surgeons decided not to remove.  He was farmed out as a boy, spent time in the CCC during the Depression and spent most of his working career as carpenter.  For some reason he took Jesse and started calling me Jessefeffer.  I figured he earned the right to call me anything he wanted and every time that I see it, I think of him.  Thanks OP for giving me a reason post about him!

And we have a winner!

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.