Bills vs Eagles. Who is #1?

unbillievable

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Not trolling at all. And I gave all the reasons why. Talent wise they matchup just as good as Buffalo and better in some areas. 

The difference between Allen and Hurts is enormous.  The difference between Allen and Mahomes and every other QB in the league is enormous, which is why one of their teams is going to win the Super Bowl.   The Eagles defense gave up 315 yards of offense to the Cooper Rush led Cowboys.  They couldn't even put 300 yards of offense the other night against the Cowboys. 

Honestly, I don't even see the Eagles getting to the Super Bowl.  They are a very good team that will beat average and bad NFL teams, which appears to be the entire NFC.  My guess is someone like the Niners or Bucs will get healthy and hot at the right time and knock the Eagles out.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the Cowboys knock them out of the playoffs. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

The difference between Allen and Hurts is enormous.  The difference between Allen and Mahomes and every other QB in the league is enormous, which is why one of their teams is going to win the Super Bowl.   The Eagles defense gave up 315 yards of offense to the Cooper Rush led Cowboys.  They couldn't even put 300 yards of offense the other night against the Cowboys. 

Honestly, I don't even see the Eagles getting to the Super Bowl.  They are a very good team that will beat average and bad NFL teams, which appears to be the entire NFC.  My guess is someone like the Niners or Bucs will get healthy and hot at the right time and knock the Eagles out.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the Cowboys knock them out of the playoffs. 

None of that is a dispute. Still doesn’t change my opinion that they have as talented if not more talented roster than buffalo. I didn’t say they were a better team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Eagles seem to be a good team but I still don't believe in Jalen Hurts and I think it's more likely they fold down the stretch like the Cardinals did last year vs. being a team that continues to roll all the way to the SB.

Also still think that Dallas will end up winning that division when it's all said and done.

11 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Lesean McCoy identifies as an Eagle.

LOL of course he does.  Those were his Glory Years, 6 years, 2 All-Pro, 5 years as the "Bell Cow" with 2 1300+ and one amazing 1600 yd rushing season (100+ ypg) - he had more than 2000 yds from scrimmage that season - with Mark Sanchez as the QB.  He WAS that offense.

When it comes to stuff like this I always trust Vegas oddsmakers, they look at more than just results unlike ESPN and many others. MGM currently has the Bills as pretty big SB favs. The Eagles are 2nd, Chiefs 3rd.

After the Fish game, ESPN had the Minnows #1 in their power rankings, but MGM had them #9 in SB odds because unlike the talking heads, the oddsmakers looked at the entire situation (our entire secondary out, several other injuries before and then during the game, the excessive heat, etc).

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

None of that is a dispute. Still doesn’t change my opinion that they have as talented if not more talented roster than buffalo. I didn’t say they were a better team. 

In what way is their roster better tho? Because the DVOA on defense, against far superior competition, certainly doesn’t reflect that. And at WR Diggs Davis > Brown Smith every day of the week and twice on sundays.

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Don’t flame me too bad but Phillys roster is just as talented if not more than buffalo. Their O line is amazing when Lane Johnson and Kelce are healthy. 3 shifty quick running backs. Solid duo of receivers and goeddert at tight end.  And they do have the best corner tandem in the league. Slay has to be cb1 in the league so far. 
They would be the one team I would not want to face right now. Allen and Buffalo can definitely beat them, hurts still has question marks and I’m not a fan of that coach or their playcalling. Reminds me of McDermott’s first couple years when he didn’t trust the offense to execute anything consistently and coached really conservative. 
I think Buffalo finishes better than them but I’m just basing that off health. I don’t see anyway Philly stays healthy enough to win 13+ games. If pieces start dropping hurts probably isn’t carrying them the way Allen can. 

We have Josh Allen, Philly doesn't.....case closed

4 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

In what way is their roster better tho? Because the DVOA on defense, against far superior competition, certainly doesn’t reflect that. And at WR Diggs Davis > Brown Smith every day of the week and twice on sundays.

Slay and Bradberry are the best corner tandem in the league imo 
And when Kelce and lane Johnson are healthy it’s probably the best O line in the league. 
I listed all these reasons on the first page. 
There are plenty of ways Buffalo is better as well. It’s not like I’m on here beating a drum that Philly is a better team. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Give it to the Eagles right now. 

They're 6-0 so they're the best. 

Based on that logic, the Giants and Vikings are better than the Chiefs.  And the Jets must be equal to the Chiefs since they have the same record.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Honestly: I think the Eagles will be favored in every game going forward but they only have 5 games where they could lose (barring a real big upset): @ Colts, vs. Packers, vs. Titans, @ Giants, @ Cowboys

If the Bills had the Eagles schedule there would be legit talk of 17-0.

If the Eagles had played the Bills schedule so far they'd be 3-3

I feel like similar can be said for the Bills, but it has more to do with how talented we are.

I do not see a game left on our schedule where we will not be the favorite. I dont even see a single game that should be close or tough. Maybe Vikings (but that's at home). Maybe @Bengals, but not if they keep going in the same direction.

I think outside of losing a close game against THE SUN, I'm already talking about the Bills going 16-1 (shouldve been 17-0).

45 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Until the Eagles lose, they're #1

We lost to a Dolphins team whose QB was playing, with his brains sloshing around in his skull.

I expect us to be #1 soon and after the Super Bowl, which is what matters. To be #1 now, we shouldn't have lost to the bottlenose.

We lost to THE SUN. And kept it close.

57 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

It's not.  Maybe at RB but who cares about RB?

Shady grew up in Harrisburg, PA an Eagles fan

His favorite team is 5-0

He made his name as an Eagle

Can't blame the guy for a bit of homerism.

Analytics says otherwise:

Top 10 Team DVOA (Football Outsiders)

1) Bills - 43.3!

2) Eagles - 29.1

3) Ravens - 23.2

4) Cowboys - 19.8

5) 49ers - 16.4

6) Tampa - 15.4

7) Chiefs - 10.1

8 ) Jags! - 9.2

9) Seahawks - 6.7

10) Patriots - 6.6

Top 10 Total SRS (ProFootball Focus)

1) Bills - 17.9!

2) Ravens - 9.2

3) Eagles - 7.9

4) Bengals - 6.6

5) Chiefs - 5.9

6) Pats -4.9

7) Jets - 4.4

8) Cowboys - 3.7

9) Dolphins - 3.6

10 ) Tampa - 3.2

By any analytics (maybe not PFF 🤣) the Bills are far and away the top team in the NFL so far this season.

Bills beat 2 teams in the top 10 of both lists (Ravens and Chiefs)

Funny to see Ravens and Eagles top 3 in both. According to many here Lamar Jackson sucks.

It is the offensive DVOA and offensive SRS keeping the Ravens in the top 3 of both lists.

Chiefs are top 10 in both but no higher than 5th in either.

Two 5-1 teams are not in either top 10: Giants and Vikings.

DVOA shows the NFC to be stronger. SRS shows the AFC is stronger.

By SRS the AFC East has 4 of the top 10 teams in the league. This may be why many here (me included) are saying the AFC East is no cakewalk.

7 teams on both top 10 lists: Bills (1/1)/ Eagles (2/3)/ Ravens (3/2) / Cowboys (4/8) / Chiefs (7/5)/ Tampa (6/10) Pats (10/6)

Those are your top 7 teams by analytics

8 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Funny to see Ravens and Eagles top 3 in both. According to many here Lamar Jackson sucks.

It is the offensive DVOA and offensive SRS keeping the Ravens in the top 3 of both lists.

Or he is just not an elite quarterback, which is what everyone here is saying.  "Sucks" appears to be your words. He is on a 3-3 team and has a 1-3 playoff record. The goal of the NFL is to win games and win championships. It isn't to have the best "analytics" or whatever garbage is being pushed as an indicator of how good a team is.  99% of people who watch football regularly know the Bills are the best team in the NFL and the Chiefs are the second best team in the NFL. They don't need some analytics to tell them.  Same goes for Lamar Jackson. 99% of people who watch football know he is a great athlete with limitations as a QB.  We don't need analytics to tell us that. 

Edited by Bills2022

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.