Good breakdown of Taron’s GW pick

YoloinOhio

Really good breakdown of the play, thanks for posting.

For all the ppl ripping on Frazier and McD, they really called a great game with multiple looks/pressures/even mixed in several blitzes to keep Mahomes off balance.  This is about all you can ask for, giving up just 20 points, when playing Mahomes/Reid in KC.  They did all this without two all-pros in the secondary, exciting to be getting Tre back soon.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tony Romo referred to Milano as an under-rated LB, and I suppose that's true, because no one except the teams the Bills beat seem to pay any attention to him.  But he's consistently in the right place at the right time, making important plays.  

Without Milano coming up, Mahomes eludes Miller's rush and gets off a pass that probably finds Kelce wide open, as usual.  Half of the Bills D was involved in this play, and it doesn't happen successfully without all of those guys, but don't overlook the contribution of Milano.  

So the Bills go into Mordor on the Missouri and defeat Sauron.  Rings await.  

Edited by Utah John
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I keep watching this play and the more I watch it, the more brilliant it becomes...I don't think we even realize how amazing this playcall was by Frazier.  He basically set a trap to Mahomes by letting him think he had a guy in man coverage coming across the middle wide open with the DB intentionally trailing him in man coverage, but realistically Johnson was sitting there waiting for that throw the whole time.

Von rushed inside, Mahomes had to move out of the pocket and as soon as Milano saw that he rushed in and forced a quick decision by Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 2

Gives a great angle on Mahomes view and why he threw that ball.  The Bills tricked him into thinking Moore was open.

Also, I HATE the fact that screen snips are usually a bigger size than the limit allowed on here to post, can we get an upgrade for that?  I mean 200 KBs is exceedingly small these days.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Gives a great angle on Mahomes view and why he threw that ball.  The Bills tricked him into thinking Moore was open.

Also, I HATE the fact that screen snips are usually a bigger size than the limit allowed on here to post, can we get an upgrade for that?  I mean 200 KBs is exceedingly small these days.

If you're a Bills fan and wanna get pumped over the defense and Josh Allen, watch this...

16 hours ago, Utah John said:

Tony Romo referred to Milano as an under-rated LB, and I suppose that's true, because no one except the teams the Bills beat seem to pay any attention to him.  But he's consistently in the right place at the right time, making important plays.  

Without Milano coming up, Mahomes eludes Miller's rush and gets off a pass that probably finds Kelce wide open, as usual.  Half of the Bills D was involved in this play, and it doesn't happen successfully without all of those guys, but don't overlook the contribution of Milano.  

So the Bills go into Mordor on the Missouri and defeat Sauron.  Rings await.  

If we could somehow combine Milano's natural football IQ and instinct for the game with Edmunds' natural athleticism and size, we'd have another Lawrence Taylor.

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If we could somehow combine Milano's natural football IQ and instinct for the game with Edmunds' natural athleticism and size, we'd have another Lawrence Taylor.

Well, to be fair, if we loaded that guy up with all those things, to keep the average the same, the other guy would be small, slow, weak, and stupid.  

Combo coverage when called at appropriate times, is extremely effective at slowing down an offense. It's just so nice to see such a complex system vs the years of Jauron and his cover 2 or Ryan's blitz everything and play cover 0 behind it. McDermott and Frazier have mixed two phenomenal systems and have built a very successful system.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/17/2022 at 12:32 PM, Big Turk said:

I keep watching this play and the more I watch it, the more brilliant it becomes...I don't think we even realize how amazing this playcall was by Frazier.  He basically set a trap to Mahomes by letting him think he had a guy in man coverage coming across the middle wide open with the DB intentionally trailing him in man coverage, but realistically Johnson was sitting there waiting for that throw the whole time.

Von rushed inside, Mahomes had to move out of the pocket and as soon as Milano saw that he rushed in and forced a quick decision by Mahomes.

Jason McCourty on GMFB was absolutely amazed by it.  Talking about how great a "play" it was...almost like an offensive play but on defense.  One thing I noticed live that is hard to pick up on the replays that I am seeing is that it looked like Dane was signaling Taron to jump the route.  Looked like he was waving him forward.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/17/2022 at 12:55 PM, Big Turk said:

Are you talking about posting images? If so, just upload your imgs/jpgs to imgur.com and then paste the direct links here. No limit at that point since the hosting is happening elsewhere.

On 10/17/2022 at 11:56 PM, HappyDays said:

Dan Orlovsky broke it down even better:

But we should probably fire Leslie Frazier.

Hook this stuff up to my veeeeeeeeins!

17 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Jason McCourty on GMFB was absolutely amazed by it.  Talking about how great a "play" it was...almost like an offensive play but on defense.  One thing I noticed live that is hard to pick up on the replays that I am seeing is that it looked like Dane was signaling Taron to jump the route.  Looked like he was waving him forward.

Yeah that play was designed for Taron to be a "Robber" where Jackson passed his man to the deep half safety to sit in the flat and wait on the quick out from Schuster with Johnson lying in wait to spring the trap. Notice Jackson playing "ass to boundary" which is becoming all the rage in the NFL.

It was almost like an orchestra playing on defense with all the pieces in perfect harmony playing together to create that outcome.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another breakdown that gives a little more info...

Chiefs screwed up their blocking on the play. Tackle was expecting guard help with Miller but he didn't get it which allowed Miller to force Mahomes out of the pocket and into the pick once Milano closed

https://youtube.com/shorts/O8eBDjRcunc?feature=share

8 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

While it takes all 11 (and 12!), tough to deny Taron is Mr. Clutch for the defense.

Dude is a baller...and he usually makes those plays at big moments for them too...he changed the tide of the Steelers game with a pick 6 that a lot of people forget about as well.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.