Tre'Davious Practicing Today

BLeonard

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Think Rhodes gets cut?

But how often does McD ever want to run man?  It's not really who we are.

They run it more than you think...sometimes they even run man with Tre and then zone everything else.

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Flame away, I know it's coming

Stop smoking crazy stuff you do not trade a top 3 corner! Next you will say if we go for mccaffery that he won't help. Now I understand how the rooks are playing good but trade Tre just stop

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, SUNTANBILLS FAN said:

Stop smoking crazy stuff you do not trade a top 3 corner! Next you will say if we go for mccaffery that he won't help. Now I understand how the rooks are playing good but trade Tre just stop

Your suntan is a spray on

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think we spent more time running Man last season than people think, especially before Tre' got hurt.

People ask "why don't the Bills jam Kelce at the line?  why do they give him a free release?" and the answer is 'because corners like Dane Jackson and Levi Wallace, while excellent off-ball corners, can not get physical with a receiver at the LOS and recover if they get beat'

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Great news.

This is definitely the most sensible approach.

Have him ease into practice today, then have the full bye week to ramp up. 

Hopefully he can be active by the Green Bay game.

It seems almost unfair that the 2nd ranked scoring defense in the NFL gets to add an All-Pro corner at the midway point of the season. Pretty awesome.

Agree with the approach.

Players often talk about the mental time needed to regain that trust and confidence that their body is ready to take on the demand of going full game speed.

Good to have the depth at DB as we need those guys with the volume of nickle we play and they get dinged up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can only imagine that’s because the media is so predictable in bringing for that crap up constantly. McDermott knows it’s coming so he can’t help but smile when these schmucks bring it up.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I honestly feel bad for the development for some of our guys.  I may catch a ton of flack for this, but if Benford and Elam continued to produce, I don't know that I wouldn't trade Tre if the contract allowed it.  

This is nothing against Tre, but we've been very solid against the pass with our DB's and our schedule only gets easier.  The money Tre gets could easily help towards resigning Oliver, Davis, and others.

Again, I like Tre a lot, but have we really missed him?  Elam got beat up a bit against the Steelers, but he's honestly our 3rd DB at this point behind Dane and Benford.  The deep shot to Waddle was on our safeties.  

Almost as good as you blaming Allen for single handedly losing us the game vs the dolphins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

No Flaming, I see where you're coming from. The Bills are great at coaching up DBs, and they have a talented, young, up-and-coming group there with Jackson, Elam, and Benford.

I'll only say this:

Let's put a pin in this idea until after the KC game. Something tells me that nobody will be wanting to trade away an All Pro corner after the Chiefs game.

As the saying goes, you can never, ever, ever have too many good corners in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

No Flaming, I see where you're coming from. The Bills are great at coaching up DBs, and they have a talented, young, up-and-coming group there with Jackson, Elam, and Benford.

I'll only say this:

Let's put a pin in this idea until after the KC game. Something tells me that nobody will be wanting to trade away an All Pro corner after the Chiefs game.

As the saying goes, you can never, ever, ever have too many good corners in the NFL.

Agreed.  I meant to imply this offseason.  Nothing now by any means.  If these younger guys, Elam specifically, continue to evolve

1 minute ago, Process said:

Almost as good as you blaming Allen for single handedly losing us the game vs the dolphins.

Hey Elsa, read it again

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

My issue is the 3 of them have a combined 3 career interceptions, and 0 forced fumbles.  White has 16 and 5.  

Takeaways are important against the top level competition in the playoffs.  Many times the difference between wins and losses.  

Jackson will also be due a raise in 2023 as his contract ends after this year.  The RFA tender will be pricey cap wise, and an extension only makes sense if there's a logical place for him.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

OK, I'll start. Tre White is 27 years old, and a top five CB in the league (assuming he comes back in form). Have we really missed him? We did against the the Fish. We will on Sunday against Mahomes. 

I get the thinking, but I think you're placing way too much faith in Dane Jackson, and two rookies who may, or may not develop to somewhere near White's production. Lets wait until we actually have a top tier starting duo somewhere in Benford/Elam/Jackson before we trade away our best CB.

• Agree 5

Tre White will return the week after the Bye, on a snap count I would imagine, against the Packers. If Tre comes back fully healthy, as All Pro Tre, then this defense goes from Top 5 in the NFL to one of the best we have ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'll only say this:

Especially too many corners, most of whom are on cheap rookie deals

In case someone else missed it, last week we were activating a CB off our practice squad who didn't look "all that" in preseason, just to have 8 bodies on the gameday roster, because two of our guys were down and two on IR.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I can only imagine that’s because the media is so predictable in bringing for that crap up constantly. McDermott knows it’s coming so he can’t help but smile when these schmucks bring it up.

Why do I get the feeling the Bills are going to try to absolutely bludgeon KC into submission this game?

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

They ran man coverage about 1/3 of the time last year…. and that was with Levi Wallace on the opposite side. With bump and run being Elam’s strong point that could increase with White back. It also allows the defense to be more creative with blitz packages. White can also blanket top TEs (last years Chiefs game) when called on which is a skill set that no one else on the roster has in spades. He also tends to come up with timely interceptions to ice games. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's not White.  It seems obvious to me that this Poyer's last season in Buffalo.  My bold and totally unsubstantiated prediction is that Taron Johnson will be a safety next season and White, Elam, and Benford will be the corners and slot corner, respectively.  The starting safeties will be Hyde, if he recovers, and either Johnson or Hamlin.   Ultimate flexibility - start five guys with cover skills and can tackle.  

Do you think there's a possibility of trading Poyer before the deadline in order to receive something in return, instead of him just walking?  Seeing how the Giants are basically Bills 2.0, I wouldn't be surprised if they go after him

• Shocked 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

OK, I'll start. Tre White is 27 years old, and a top five CB in the league (assuming he comes back in form). Have we really missed him? We did against the the Fish. We will on Sunday against Mahomes. 

I get the thinking, but I think you're placing way too much faith in Dane Jackson, and two rookies who may, or may not develop to somewhere near White's production. Lets wait until we actually have a top tier starting duo somewhere in Benford/Elam/Jackson before we trade away our best CB.

You may be right.  I think Dane Jackson is a stud and watching his development has been amazing.  I think Benford is on a similar path.  The fact that Elam is the #3 is amazing to me.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ProcessYaDigg said:

Do you think there's a possibility of trading Poyer before the deadline in order to receive something in return, instead of him just walking?  Seeing how the Giants are basically Bills 2.0, I wouldn't be surprised if they go after him

Sure they could.  Well the hell they would when they are already down 1/2 of their starting safeties just to get something back when you're trying to make a SB run would be the better question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.