Did Epenesa just earn himself the Jerry Hughes treatment?

Sherlock Holmes

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is a TBD myth, not fact.

He ran afoul of the refs in 2014 and 2015 (couldn't keep his mouth shut).. After that, they pretty much left him alone.  He had a season with 9 penalties, then nothing significant.

It's not just a question of penalties called on Hughes.  I agree he cleaned up his act.

It was a question of penalties called FOR Hughes.

Hughes could have two offensive players with a chokehold on him making a horsecollar and the Zebras would be "I See Nothing"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fixxxer said:

That's why I think it looks bad for him. He probably thought he hit a player initially but when realizes it's the ref he doesn't look apologetic, at all. Not smart. 

I'm sure McD isn't happy with AJ's reaction. 

The comment AJE made seems to be what set him off. And while Hussy is supposed to be impartial and the cooler head on the field… yes, McD is going to be none too pleased.

I read in a spot piece that now including this one, there have been 5 ejections in the league this year. Hussy has done two now, both in the last two weeks. Not a great look for him either, but the ref union closes ranks and holds grudges, which we saw firsthand with JH.

Would have been a wiser move for AJ to just apologize post-game.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is a TBD myth, not fact.

He ran afoul of the refs in 2014 and 2015 (couldn't keep his mouth shut).. After that, they pretty much left him alone.  He had a season with 9 penalties, then nothing significant.

Then he never benefitted from a holding call again in his career.

Def not a myth. Dude is in the HOF of drawing flagrant holds never called

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Watch the 3-4 plays leading up to the scuffle… AJ is pissed about being held or something. He talks to Hussey and gets mad. AJ blows him off and hand gestures to Hussey like “go away, you’re idiot multiple times”. Then the scuffle happens and Hussey I think targets AJ and shoved him with his back turned. 

I think Hussey wanted AJ to react… Hussey got exactly what he wanted!

Looked to me like AJ was hauled down by his facemask on an inside pass rush move.  The OL proceeded to fall on top him.  AJ was jawing with Hussey thereafter about the no call.  The back and forth was such that AJ probably did not like the man putting his hands on him as he was leaving the scrum.  You may be right about the ref getting after AJ with some intent to provoke a reaction.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

It's not just a question of penalties called on Hughes.  I agree he cleaned up his act.

Hughes could have two offensive players with a chokehold on him making a horsecollar and the Zebras would be "I See Nothing"

6 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Then he never benefitted from a holding call again in his career.

Def not a myth. Dude is in the HOF of drawing flagrant holds never called

see above

12 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

That's why I think it looks bad for him. He probably thought he hit a player initially but when realizes it's the ref he doesn't look apologetic, at all. Not smart. 

I'm sure McD isn't happy with AJ's reaction. 

If I were McD I would tell him next time to go off the top rope on his B word ass:wub:

AJ was kicked by Pickett in the midsection coming off the pile.  No call.  That’s where it started getting heated.  You could argue it got heated when Hamlin hit Pickett, but things seemed to settle down a bit after. 

You can see AJ has all out attack mode the next couple plays and gets taken down wiith what should’ve been a penalty.  No call.

Lawson then hits Pickett low as he is throwing outside the pocket where things explode.  A penalty?  Not by rules but you can understand the reaction of the Steelers’ players protecting their guy.  AJ was actually helping to keep Lawson from picking up a penalty and further interaction.  Hussey came in and needlessly pushed AJ.  AJ shouldn’t have reacted the way he did but you can understand why.  I’m sure McD didn’t like any of it but there is plenty of blame to spread.  

The refs did very little to defuse what was clearly mounting in the meaningless minutes of a long decided game

5 hours ago, Ayjent said:

AJ was kicked by Pickett in the midsection coming off the pile.  No call.  That’s where it started getting heated.  You could argue it got heated when Hamlin hit Pickett, but things seemed to settle down a bit after. 

You can see AJ has all out attack mode the next couple plays and gets taken down wiith what should’ve been a penalty.  No call.

Lawson then hits Pickett low as he is throwing outside the pocket where things explode.  A penalty?  Not by rules but you can understand the reaction of the Steelers’ players protecting their guy.  AJ was actually helping to keep Lawson from picking up a penalty and further interaction.  Hussey came in and needlessly pushed AJ.  AJ shouldn’t have reacted the way he did but you can understand why.  I’m sure McD didn’t like any of it but there is plenty of blame to spread.  

The refs did very little to defuse what was clearly mounting in the meaningless minutes of a long decided game

Yeah.  I wouldn't be surprised if all AJ said to him was "do your (+/- f'ing) job!"

On 10/9/2022 at 8:58 PM, Beck Water said:

That's the definition of black balling. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.