Do we all see what Daboll is able to do with a real NFL running back?

FireChans

So Dabs was killed here, often, about the lack of running game when he was out OC. Of course, he had Butterfingers Singles and Cement Block Moss at RB.

Now he goes to NY, and he gets a quality RB like Barkley (who isn’t even THAT quality considering his last few season after a great rookie campaign) and BAM. Leading rusher in the NFL. Career resurgence.

So maybe, just maybe, our lack of RB production wasn’t because of Daboll or Dorsey. And maybe our GM knows this which is why we have been dumping mid round picks to try to find SOMEONE decent at RB for the last 4 years. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Let me ask you a question.

If you had Barkley and Jones as your two main offensive players, which player would YOU rather have with the ball in their hands?

Pretty sure if he has a QB like Allen the offense wouldn't be going through Barkley.

He is doing it out of necessity.

When will people understand the Bills simply pay lip service to the running game and then put the ball in Allen's hand?

You should change the title to "See what you do when you have a great RB and no QB?"

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 21
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

If you had Barkley and Jones as your two main offensive players, which player would YOU rather have with the ball in their hands?

Pretty sure if he has a QB like Allen the offense wouldn't be going through Barkley.

When will people understand the Bills simply pay lip service to the running game and then put the ball in Allen's hand?

You are right about one thing in this post. The offense would not go through Barkley. However…don’t think for one second that the threat of Barkley wouldn’t open up much more with the offense. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You are right about one thing in this post. The offense would not go through Barkley. However…don’t think for one second that the threat of Barkley wouldn’t open up much more with the offense. 

The Bills have been among the highest scoring teams in the NFL over the past 3 years and still people find things to complain about...

Realistically I don't think people would be happy if we had the entire all-pro team playing for us.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Of the giants games I have seen, their line run blocks pretty well. We need to improve our run blocking here. Statistically, I think our running backs get hit more behind the line than any other team in the league.

The o-line got destroyed against the Cowboys. And Feliciano looked pretty bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

The o-line got destroyed against the Cowboys. And Feliciano looked pretty bad. 

yeah, I haven’t seen a ton of their games. But on the runs I have seen where Barkley rips one off, the blocking always seems good. 

i have just been disappointed with Kromer. I thought he would really revolutionize our run blocking this year. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

yeah, I haven’t seen a ton of their games. But on the runs I have seen where Barkley rips one off, the blocking always seems good. 

i have just been disappointed with Kromer. I thought he would really revolutionize our run blocking this year. 

in regards to Kromer, not much to work with here and injuries.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You should change the title to "See what you do when you have a great RB and no QB?"

Let's be fair to Daniel Jones, he has ANY, NONE, ZERO weapons at the receiver position. I believe Daboll keeps Jones as his QB. 

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There generally agree with this. 

I do think the Bills have a plan of going IOL early and often in the 2023 draft. For whatever reason we just seem to not be able to get it right the way we have been other position groups. 

I think part of that is McBeane and part is Daboll. Kudos to KD for upgrading to Kromer.

29 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So Dabs was killed here, often, about the lack of running game when he was out OC. Of course, he had Butterfingers Singles and Cement Block Moss at RB.

Now he goes to NY, and he gets a quality RB like Barkley (who isn’t even THAT quality considering his last few season after a great rookie campaign) and BAM. Leading rusher in the NFL. Career resurgence.

So maybe, just maybe, our lack of RB production wasn’t because of Daboll or Dorsey. And maybe our GM knows this which is why we have been dumping mid round picks to try to find SOMEONE decent at RB for the last 4 years. 

Just a little point here that the OC of the NY Giants is not Brian Daboll. 

It is Mike Kafka, who left a position as QB coach for the KC Chiefs to become Daboll's OC.

Anyone who thinks he left Mahomes to become Daboll's dingleberry or robotic extension can think again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

I do think the Bills have a plan of going IOL early and often in the 2023 draft. For whatever reason we just seem to not be able to get it right the way we have been other position groups. 

a large part of the issue is that they haven’t made it a priority in the draft. 

As you mention I think everyone expects probably at least 3 day 1 and 2 o-lineman selected over the next two drafts as we start to make it a priority. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.