Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

If the Giants can scrape into the play offs in Dabol's first season that will buy them some goodwill and time. If so, trading SB might be easier for them after the season (I'm not sure of his contract details) in terms of appeasing the fans over the move. 

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with most of this but I don't think the Giants should trade Saquon unless they lose their next 3 and are 4-4 at the deadline. If they are still above .500, even 5-3, with games against Houston, Detroit, and the Commanders x2 to come there is a real route for them to be at least a 9 win team and the instant credibility that gives Schoen and Daboll in the building is worth more than a day 2 draft pick that they'd get for Saquon. The message they send by trading him to a team that is fighting their asses off is "we don't believe in you" and I don't think you can do that. If they had traded him before the season as Beane did with Sammy that is different. 

It would hurt them some on offense but send a bad message more than anything.   Different than when the Bills traded Dareus midseason..........that structurally weakened the entire defense........but could have the same kind of result.   We look back on 2017 as a success but that trade really unraveled them as any kind of playoff worthy team.   They were a staggering -70 point differential after that trade despite a pretty feeble schedule.   For a 5th rounder it wasn't worth the squeeze.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Same, I never understood the move. They're the #2 seed right now and SB is having a monster year. He's playing himself into a long-term extension.

CMC on the other hand isn't blowing up the league like he's done in the past and Carolina is a dumpster fire. I wonder if injuries are finally taking their toll on him, or if Carolina is just too bad to be carried. It's much more reasonable they'd want to trade him, but I wouldn't see it happening until after the season along with a firing of coach and new QB.

The Giants are actually the current 6 seed of the NFC. Eagles currently hold the division, and the cowboys have the tiebreaker for the first wildcard spot.

7 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

The Giants are actually the current 6 seed of the NFC. Eagles currently hold the division, and the cowboys have the tiebreaker for the first wildcard spot.

Today is a different day than when I wrote this. Also they have the 2nd best record int he conference, so their actual seed matters a lot less than the fact there is only 1 team int he league with a better record than them 5 weeks in.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

Between Saquan Barkley and McCaffery, I would go with Barkley all day.  I think Barkley's skill set is a better complement to what the Bills have on the roster.  Cook has't begun to scratch the surface of his potential, but if he does, he'll be able to do some of the same things as McCaffery.  Moreover, McCafferys's injury history  scares me a little more than Barkley's. 

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It would hurt them some on offense but send a bad message more than anything.   Different than when the Bills traded Dareus midseason..........that structurally weakened the entire defense........but could have the same kind of result.   We look back on 2017 as a success but that trade really unraveled them as any kind of playoff worthy team.   They were a staggering -70 point differential after that trade despite a pretty feeble schedule.   For a 5th rounder it wasn't worth the squeeze.

IIRC, Dareus trade was also about dumping future cap hits (immediately taking the financial hit).  I vaguely recall his attitude rubbing Beane and McDermott the wrong way too, maybe I'm misrembering though.  But nonetheless, he was no where near the locker room presence/leader that Saquon is.

Agree a Barkley trade now makes zero sense for Gmen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think that trade was more to do with Culture fit than ability

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

IIRC, Dareus trade was also about dumping future cap hits (immediately taking the financial hit).  I vaguely recall his attitude rubbing Beane and McDermott the wrong way too, maybe I'm misrembering though.  But nonetheless, he was no where near the locker room presence/leader that Saquon is.

Agree a Barkley trade now makes zero sense for Gmen.

The Dareus move was more about "culture".    The unguaranteed money remaining on his deal that they could actually walk away from was pretty modest.   Dareus was playing outstanding football for the Bills and carried that over to Jacksonville where his arrival flipped them from the worst rush defense in the NFL to the best overnight.    Bills defense went the other direction......including the worst 3 game stretch in team history.   They've since spent a fortune on 1T position since and just this season are finally again getting actual good play from one in Daquan Jones,  who has been excellent and probably even better and more impactful than they expected.     

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

On 10/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Someone tweeted at Joe Buscaglia claiming to have a source in the building at OBD that we are going to be making a blockbuster trade sending our 1st for an RB

IF that were true, what do you guys think?

1st, Moss for Saquon Barkley, 4th

1st, Moss for Christian McCaffrey

my darkhorse would be Dalvin Cook

does anyone know if $ can be retained on a deal? Or how does that work

I would not trade a 1st for a RB and  wouldn't mind adding  McCaffery for this year ,at that low salary.

I would even be OK with keeping  Moss for depth and cutting Taiwan Jones .

My preference would be an upgrade on the OLine,maybe another weapon at WR or TE.

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Dareus move was more about "culture".    The unguaranteed money remaining on his deal that they could actually walk away from was pretty modest.   Dareus was playing outstanding football for the Bills and carried that over to Jacksonville where his arrival flipped them from the worst rush defense in the NFL to the best overnight.    Bills defense went the other direction......including the worst 3 game stretch in team history.   They've since spent a fortune on 1T position since and just this season are finally again getting actual good play from one in Daquan Jones,  who has been excellent and probably even better and more impactful than they expected.     

Do you believe that if Beene hadn't traded him that Dareus would still be on the BIlls? Because he hasn't played anywhere since 2019. 

7 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Do you believe that if Beene hadn't traded him that Dareus would still be on the BIlls? Because he hasn't played anywhere since 2019. 

No but we are talking about trades that could impact individual seasons.    That trade effectively sunk any chance of winning a game or two in the playoffs.   I don't expect Barkley to be with the Giants in 6 years if they don't trade him this season either.   He's more likely to be on IR again next season than still a feature RB in 2027.

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Sounds like A-train 2.0

Or was he be more a 2 yard guy no matter what 

That's not a bad comp........Najee is more hyped because he can hurdle a defender from time to time and he is a better receiver than Anthony Thomas.........but the thing they have in common is that they would be given the ball a lot and do nothing with it and get far too much hype.    Najee made the pro bowl last year with over 380 touches for a horrific 4.4 yards per touch.   His yards per reception was around 6.  Dreadful.  His yards per rush this season is 3.2.  Brutal numbers.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Najee is the new "if you need 3 yards he will get you 3 and if you need 4 yards he will get you 3" guy of the NFL.   

Not sure I'm going to judge him too hard behind that o line. Production last year was very good. Would upgrade our moss role and add some additional receiving threat.

Edited by RichRiderBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.