Trubisky Watch!

Rigotz

53 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

It’s October, 2022 and Mitch Trubisky is no longer the starter of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the upcoming Bills game this Sunday.

While we can’t be confident enough in Kenny Pickett to write Mitch’s ticket out of Pittsburgh yet, Pickett showed enough promise in his first game to open the conversation — is there a chance we can get Mitch back next year?

In looking closer at his contract, Trubisky is due $10.26M next year and only $2.26M dead cap if cut: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/mitchell-trubisky-21743/

Personally, I think he would be one of the best backups in the NFL and I’d love to see him back. He’s known to be a big fan of Buffalo and good friend to Josh.

The Trubisky Watch is on.

Can’t we hold out for Darnold to come in as primary backup next year? 😏

• Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Trubisky looks like a much better QB when you don't have to see him play. 

What I didn't understand is why he didn't threaten the field, let it fly long and down the seams.  He knew he was going to be benched for the tentative short yardage dumpoffs.  An interception reaches the same result, but you have to try.  One can't go with a whimper, air it ouit.

There are a lot of FA QB’s next season.

List

Should be a few releases along the way.  

I don’t want MT back. What did he do here that would warrant his return? The most intriguing guy in this list for me is Gardner Minshew, although I doubt he’d come here knowing he’d be a backup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

List

I don’t want MT back. What did he do here that would warrant his return? The most intriguing guy in this list for me is Gardner Minshew, although I doubt he’d come here knowing he’d be a backup.

Minshew is a terrible QB. Don't want him on the Bills. What is intriguing about him?

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Minshew is a terrible QB. Don't want him on the Bills. What is intriguing about him?

I think Minshew would be the perfect backup to Josh. He's a solid QB, has a ton of moxie, and would be a fan favorite. He could be a career Bills backup in the Frank Reich mold.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, 947 said:

I think Minshew would be the perfect backup to Josh. He's a solid QB, has a ton of moxie, and would be a fan favorite. He could be a career Bills backup in the Frank Reich mold.

Moxie and fan favorite doesn't make a good QB and he's not a solid QB

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Moxie and fan favorite doesn't make a good QB and he's not a solid QB

I don’t know if he’s a great QB, a Solid QB or even a passable QB, but the liberties that man takes with fashion are truly inspiring. The things he could do with Zubaz…

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I don’t know if he’s a great QB, a Solid QB or even a passable QB, but the liberties that man takes with fashion are truly inspiring. The things he could do with Zubaz…

Gonna need that stapler Milton, and you to move to the basement

• Haha (+1) 2

It doesnt really matter who our backup QB is.  They are basically all the same level of player.  Keenum, Tribusky, Barkley, etc etc.  They are all QBs that wont make it as a starter and you first hope they never have to see the field.  If they do you just hope that they dont cause turnovers and the rest of your team can eek out some wins.

There was a time that people were calling for Barkley to start over Josh because of one game against the Jets.  Then he did actually play again not so long ago.  Now no one wants him to see the field again.  That is the same for just about all backup QBs.  People around here dont even think Bridgewater is any good.  He isnt a starter but he is a fine backup that can win some games.  Thats all you hope for a backup.  Thats all you are going to get from a backup.  It really dont matter which one it is.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Well, dude has thrown for over 300 yards in his last 2 games and has the highest completion percentage in NFL history through 4 weeks. Hard to try and argue he sucks based on that and the 108 QB rating.  Also 10th in the NFL in yards, so it's not like he is only throwing on 3rd down.

Tyrod put up similar numbers for entire seasons and there were people that thought he was a starter, I’ll assume you belong to that group.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

It’s October, 2022 and Mitch Trubisky is no longer the starter of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the upcoming Bills game this Sunday.

While we can’t be confident enough in Kenny Pickett to write Mitch’s ticket out of Pittsburgh yet, Pickett showed enough promise in his first game to open the conversation — is there a chance we can get Mitch back next year?

In looking closer at his contract, Trubisky is due $10.26M next year and only $2.26M dead cap if cut: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/mitchell-trubisky-21743/

Personally, I think he would be one of the best backups in the NFL and I’d love to see him back. He’s known to be a big fan of Buffalo and good friend to Josh.

The Trubisky Watch is on.

Much too soon. 

While it's pretty clear Trubisky hasn't earned the confidence of anyone on the Steelers offense or coaching staff, Tomlin has a track record of a not-too-long leash with QB not named Roethlisberger.  Duck Hodges got the call at QB after Rudolph threw 4 picks vs the Browns then threw another the following week.  Hodges got to keep the job for a couple weeks where he did "enough" and the Steelers won, but after the Bills picked him 4 times Tomlin shot him down the following game after he was picked twice and the team went back to Rudolph.

If the Bills manage to bemuse, confuse, and pick the hell out of Pickett on Sunday, he'll be given a 2nd game to "get it straight" or we just might see Trubisky starting again.

Just now, DCofNC said:

Tyrod put up similar numbers for entire seasons and there were people that thought he was a starter, I’ll assume you belong to that group.

Tyrod never put up similar numbers for an entire season, stop being ridiculous.

His best season came with 3025 yards, a 99.4 QB Rating and 20 TDs to go along with a 63.7% completion percentage.

Geno Smith extrapolated out for a 16 game season to compare apples to apples would be:

4148 Yards and 24 TDs.  To go along with a 108 Rating and 77.8% completion percentage.  

I am not sure in what universe throwing for over 1100 yards less and more than a 14% completion percentage difference is "similar" but it's not in the one I or anyone else other than you seem to live in.

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

List

That's a long list, I didn't know some of those guys were still around.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.