Trubisky Watch!

Rigotz

6 hours ago, DJB said:

I still believe Sam Darnold is going to end up here somehow 

This is a lead pipe lock.

He and Josh are best buds and he'll be entering the "I know I can't be a starter, I'm just happy to be employed as a backup" phase of his career next season. He has a good work ethic and enough athleticism, arm strength, and improv ability that the Bills wouldn't have to alter the playbook too significantly if he has to play a few games. I believe Beane and co scouted him and liked him fairly well in the 2018 draft and, in a world where Allen was not available and Darnold was still on the board, I believe the Bills may have taken him.

I expect Trubisky to try to compete to start again somewhere next year.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Mitch was playing behind a pathetic o-line.  The result was easily predictable.  Pickett will be taking some significant hits and is likely to miss some games.  We'll see how bad the o-line is this week.

I think Pickett will be on a short leash against us. Reportedly Tomlin wanted to go back to Mitch for this weekend due to his familiarity of our system. 

37 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Tyrod had 1 game in Buffalo for 300 yards. It also happens to be the only time he did it ever in his career.

Who cares about 300 yard games?  Tyrod ran the Roman O, where LJ has only broke 300 yards one time, it’s not coincidence.  Geno has managed to not fall flat on his face for 2 games against 2 of the worst D’s in the NFL.  Beating the Lions is not an achievement. Putting up yards and still losing to the Flacons isn’t exciting either.  I suppose we should just ignore what little he did vs Denver and SF to satisfy saying he’s killing it. 

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Who cares about 300 yard games?  Tyrod ran the Roman O, where LJ has only broke 300 yards one time, it’s not coincidence.  Geno has managed to not fall flat on his face for 2 games against 2 of the worst D’s in the NFL.  Beating the Lions is not an achievement. Putting up yards and still losing to the Flacons isn’t exciting either.  I suppose we should just ignore what little he did vs Denver and SF to satisfy saying he’s killing it. 

Geno sux but so does Tyrod. Tyrod has never stacked stats even against bad teams while on the Bills. Also I said he has 1 300 yard game in his entire career. 

Hint: It was not cause of Roman

Didn't Keenam sign a multi year deal?

If so can't imagine why we would get rid of him for Trubisky or anybody else. Also based on how Trubisky has fared in his 2nd (and likely last) stint as an NFL starter why on earth would you want him back in Buffalo as an option to start meaningful football games?

42 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Geno sux but so does Tyrod. Tyrod has never stacked stats even against bad teams while on the Bills. Also I said he has 1 300 yard game in his entire career. 

Journeyman QBs are always playing for their next contract. Remember how Rob Johnson would take terrible sacks because he refused to throw the ball away. It's because he understood that incompletions hurt his negotiating position more than sacks. Tyrod had a similar understanding about interceptions so he refused to take risks throwing the ball. As such, his numbers look good so he keeps getting contracts. Here are his Buffalo Stats (his only extended stint as a starter):

43 Starts/8857 Yards/51 TDs/16 INTs/62.6% 

If you are a QB starved team, that looks pretty good. But he was sacked 124 times. Again, low INTs and high(ish) completion percentages gets marginal QBs contracts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Journeyman QBs are always playing for their next contract. Remember how Rob Johnson would take terrible sacks because he refused to throw the ball away. It's because he understood that incompletions hurt his negotiating position more than sacks. Tyrod had a similar understanding about interceptions so he refused to take risks throwing the ball. As such, his numbers look good so he keeps getting contracts. Here are his Buffalo Stats (his only extended stint as a starter):

43 Starts/8857 Yards/51 TDs/16 INTs/62.6% 

If you are a QB starved team, that looks pretty good. But he was sacked 124 times. Again, low INTs and high(ish) completion percentages gets marginal QBs contracts. 

So what you're saying is that he sux 🤣

Edited by Starr Almighty

2 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

They are both back ups.  Tyrod was never a stat guy because the Bills ran the ball for 4 quarters when he was here, he had a number of games he could have gone over 300, probably should have, but if he had a choice not to throw he took it.. glad those days are over for Buffalo.

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I think Geno Smith and Brissett have made some good showings of themselves.

I like Tyrod over them because he has great mobility, won’t turn the ball over and gives you a chance to win every game he plays IF the rest of the team does their job.  I don’t want him as a starter, make no mistake, but what he does is great as a back up.  

Brissett is a good player, I see him as a low end starter, he’s also relatively conservative, but has more physical tools than most.

Geno is similar to Tyrod without a proven history of success.  He’s been pretty miserable in any extended opportunities. 

Marriota is the guy I would kill to have as a back up, all the physical tools, too damn conservative, but again, good guy to have as a back up. 

Bortles makes the most sense to me as JAs back up, he’s basically “bad Josh”, which is to say 2018 Josh.  I am astonished to see him struggle to catch another opportunity in the league.

Bills only seem to want to pay so much for their backup QB... $2.75M to $3.5M has been the mark last two years.. and from memory Barkley was even cheaper before that...

Trubisky and Darnold may want more money to be the back up QB than what the Bills will pay.. particularly as they will both be seen now as back up QB's moving forward... 

Tyrod gets $5.5M a year as a comparison....

Edited by Aussie Joe

12 hours ago, DCofNC said:

No he hasn’t, he’s a game manager at best and he’s not much of anything when a play goes off script.  GeNo is a backup that is better than the other backups Seattle has, making him a starter by default. 

Lol @ “GeNo” 😅 haven’t heard that one. Touché 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.