Trubisky Watch!

Rigotz

It’s October, 2022 and Mitch Trubisky is no longer the starter of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the upcoming Bills game this Sunday.

While we can’t be confident enough in Kenny Pickett to write Mitch’s ticket out of Pittsburgh yet, Pickett showed enough promise in his first game to open the conversation — is there a chance we can get Mitch back next year?

In looking closer at his contract, Trubisky is due $10.26M next year and only $2.26M dead cap if cut: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/mitchell-trubisky-21743/

Personally, I think he would be one of the best backups in the NFL and I’d love to see him back. He’s known to be a big fan of Buffalo and good friend to Josh.

The Trubisky Watch is on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

It’s October, 2022 and Mitch Trubisky is no longer the starter of the Pittsburgh Steelers for the upcoming Bills game this Sunday.

While we can’t be confident enough in Kenny Pickett to write Mitch’s ticket out of Pittsburgh yet, Pickett showed enough promise in his first game to open the conversation — is there a chance we can get Mitch back next year?

In looking closer at his contract, Trubisky is due $10.26M next year and only $2.26M dead cap if cut: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/mitchell-trubisky-21743/

Personally, I think he would be one of the best backups in the NFL and I’d love to see him back. He’s known to be a big fan of Buffalo and good friend to Josh.

The Trubisky Watch is on.

I still think Keenum is slightly better.    

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 5
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I still believe Sam Darnold is going to end up here somehow 

If the Giants don't resign him I would prefer Daniel Jones if he doesn't get another shot as a starter somewhere else. I think the Giants crap OL along with an average at best receiving corps has hurt his time in NJ.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Giants don't resign him I would prefer Daniel Jones if he doesn't get another shot as a starter somewhere else. I think the Giants crap OL along with an average at best receiving corps has hurt his time in NJ.

Daniel Jones is going to get big money if he leaves he Giants, way too much for us

• Agree 1

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

Daniel Jones is going to get big money if he leaves he Giants, way too much for us

I don't know about big money. What has he done to earn it? I do think another team will take a chance on him as a starter. The Giants didn't pick up his option so his future there is shaky at best. 

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

backup QBs are great until they have to play. I found it kinda funny how his reputation as a QB improved by not playing for a good team

Except maybe Geno Smith?  Dude has been killing it in Seattle

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

backup QBs are great until they have to play. I found it kinda funny how his reputation as a QB improved by not playing for a good team

Yeah, I always have found it funny how a player can start gaining hype as a backup QB from not playing in real games and looking good in pre-season over the course of a few years and parlay that into a big backup contract until they actually have to get in the game and play and then once they end up sucking they go back to being normal backup dollars.

Only job in the NFL you can get paid on hype versus production. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Except maybe Geno Smith?  Dude has been killing it in Seattle

No he hasn’t, he’s a game manager at best and he’s not much of anything when a play goes off script.  GeNo is a backup that is better than the other backups Seattle has, making him a starter by default. 

• Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I still think Keenum is slightly better.    

I agree and besides a Trubisky Bills signing wouldn’t happen until Keenum’s contract is up.  Then maybe as MT is younger than Keenum.  Keenum is 34 and paid $3.5 mil. For 2022.  If MT wants to come back, it wouldn’t be until he’s 30 in 2024.  The Steelers have him through 2023 and there is a dead cap hit if they let him go.

I don’t start thread like this one until I check to be sure the OTC for both players and the cap space, and lastly what would he be willing to accept as a backup.  Otherwise, I would be wasting all of you’re time in a senseless thread.  So maybe in 2024, but not before unless the Steelers want to take that dead cap hit.

30 minutes ago, billsgpr88 said:

Have you watched him play this year? I'd rather take a late round flyer on someone else than bring him back, he is exactly what we saw in Edwards, Manuel, and to a lesser degree, Tyrod. I can't imagine Beane wanting him back based on his play this year.

Tyrod is the best back up in the league now that Fitz retired.  I’d love to have him back. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, DCofNC said:

No he hasn’t, he’s a game manager at best and he’s not much of anything when a play goes off script.  GeNo is a backup that is better than the other backups Seattle has, making him a starter by default. 

Well, dude has thrown for over 300 yards in his last 2 games and has the highest completion percentage in NFL history through 4 weeks. Hard to try and argue he sucks based on that and the 108 QB rating.  Also 10th in the NFL in yards, so it's not like he is only throwing on 3rd down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.