Boomer Esiason suggests the Bills should trade for Barkley

Greg S

I highly doubt a 3rd gets it done, and iam firm against signing rbs to contracts, and i still want to see cook actually get some work, but to put it in perspective if by the trade deadline and the bills are looking healthy and still front runners. A 3rd round pick for a guy that at a minimum is twice the rb we have and we instantly get twice as good at rb on a super bowl run doesn't sound crazy to me. 

I’d offer Moss and a 4th for whatever kind of economically feasible upgrade we can get.  

If that means no upgrade, so be it.  Im not trading a Top 100 pick when we need those for OL/WR & potentially LB/S. 

We need an outside WR more than a RB right now.   Nobody is fearing a hobbled Davis and McKenzie.  (Crowder has been useless and it’s probably time to give Shakir his shot given the inevitable Crowder injury)

Look, I would love Saquon on the team. But to put it bluntly that's a cap hit right there. If I'm spending resources at the midseason mark it's for a DB to cover for the multitude of injuries or WR for the same reason plus wanting an elite #2 because even healthy the Davis, McK, Crowder, Shakir, Kumerow combination has not been mind-blowing 

13 hours ago, Warcodered said:

More people just want nice things for Barkley I guess.

The Giants are right in the thick of the Playoff hunt in the weak NFC. Barkley isn't going anywhere. Both Daboll and Schoen know how big a part of the offense this guy is. 

9 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Better chance at Josh Jacobs?? 

Before yesterday? Probably. But after McDaniels finally realized he needs to run Jacobs to win? Not likely to happen now. 

I think if we were to trade for Barkley, this week and maybe next week would be the weeks to make a move. I think this week would be great because we could potentially use him for the KC game. Schoen and Daboll weren't really in Barkley's canoe when asked about a potential trade of Barkley earlier in the year. I wonder how much of that has changed these first 4 weeks of the season. But can you imagine trading for him this week and having him for the KC game? 🍻

I'm ok with looking around for a RB upgrade, but if I'm Beane, I'm more looking at what Moss and a 4th can bring back... if that's nothing, so be it.  

A 3rd gets pricey for a rental and anything higher is just ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

I think if we were to trade for Barkley, this week and maybe next week would be the weeks to make a move. I think this week would be great because we could potentially use him for the KC game. Schoen and Daboll weren't really in Barkley's canoe when asked about a potential trade of Barkley earlier in the year. I wonder how much of that has changed these first 4 weeks of the season. But can you imagine trading for him this week and having him for the KC game? 🍻

I don't see the Giants trading Barkley now that they are off to a good start. He is their best player and playing in the weak NFC they might feel they can compete for a WC. Although their QB situation is a mess right now. If the Bills were to get Barkley he would join Allen and Diggs and give the Bills 3 dangerous weapons on offense.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:37 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Just to give Barkley's cost.  He is making $425k per game this season.

His cap hit for 10 games is $4.25M.

Beane currently has $1.88M before whatever Xavier ends up costing.

Isn't it sad that we have to remind the day dreamers about the salary cap? I wish they would take it into consideration  before suggesting their trade targets. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.