Boomer Esiason suggests the Bills should trade for Barkley

Greg S

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You see this guy as Barry Sanders.  I see him as another back that will be limited to short yardage gains without any push from the line.

You still haven't explained how we afford him this season and even if we somehow could, re-signing him for next year is all but an impossibility with our cap situation.

Barkley is a major talent at his position and top 5 easily when healthy. If you think he wouldn't be better than Singletary who probably wouldn't start on most teams, then I don't know what you're watching. He can make our online look better. As far as how we can afford him. GMs work magic all the time. You think they can't figure that out? They can find a way to get it done

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I assure you, the Giants OL, the one with Jon Feliciano as it’s starting C, is not better than Buffalo’s. 
Bills OL is more than adequate when healthy… I.E., Singletary ypc his entire career… Find me another unit btw that doesn’t struggle when having to trot out their third option at Center in addition to replacing a guard and tackle…

Then explain why our backs are not having any success carrying the football.  Show me the holes the line is supposed to be opening the way the play was designed.  Show me the push they are getting against the D-lines.

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Barkley is a major talent at his position and top 5 easily when healthy. If you think he wouldn't be better than Singletary who probably wouldn't start on most teams, then I don't know what you're watching. He can make our online look better. As far as how we can afford him. GMs work magic all the time. You think they can't figure that out? They can find a way to get it done

So your answer is Barkley doesn't need a line and Beane can make it work when we essentially have nothing left in cap space now, especially with the signing of Rhodes, and like 7 mil over going into next season.

Gotcha

6 minutes ago, Westside said:

You’re exaggerating about the O-Line. 

OK, post vids of the holes they are opening and push they are getting outside of the Rams game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

No, GMs do not "work magic".  It's simple math.  He has already done the restructures to pay for what roster moves he did this year.

Asking for a BIG trade for Barkley right now would border on recklessness.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So your answer is Barkley doesn't need a line and Beane can make it work when we essentially have nothing left in cap space now, especially with the signing of Rhodes, and like 7 mil over going into next season.

Gotcha

OK, post vids of the holes they are opening and push they are getting outside of the Rams game.

Did I say Barkley didn't need a line? Now you're purposely putting words in my mouth

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

No, GMs do not "work magic".  It's simple math.  He has already done the restructures to pay for what roster moves he did this year.

Asking for a BIG trade for Barkley right now would border on recklessness.  

We'd be fine

16 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Gotcha

It's not just about opening holes, it's about when those holes aren't open, what your RB does and simply put Barkley can easily do things Singletary can't. There's no denying that

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's not just about opening holes, it's about when those holes aren't open, 

Which is most of the time.  So your position is that Barkley will constantly be able to improvise and make yards out of what's basically a blown up play at that point.

Restructure deals and move around. They can't do that?

He's telling you we've already done that to make the signings we had this offseason.  We are roughly 7M over cap going into next year as it stands right now.

Edited by Billz4ever

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Which is most of the time.  So your position is that Barkley will constantly be able to improvise and make yards out of what's basically a blown up play at that point.

Barkley will be able to improvise a lot more and a lot better than Singletary. That's just the type of athlete he is. He can move and adjust like Singletary can't 

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

He's telling you we've already done that to make the signings we had this offseason.  We are roughly 7M over cap going into next year as it stands right now.

And I guarantee you, it gets fixed before next season to fix that

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Barkley will be able to improvise a lot more and a lot better than Singletary. That's just the type of athlete he is. He can move and adjust like Singletary can't 

With no holes and no O-line push. OK

Geez, you've just got this all figured out already. Maybe we should fire McD and Beane and hire you for both.  Can you do OC too?  We can fire Dorsey then as well.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

And I guarantee you, it gets fixed before next season to fix that

You're right, it will. Some people aren't getting re-signed and/or are getting released.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

You can only restructure Salaries, Options Bonuses and adding Void years.  That's the "magic".

Go to Spotrac and show us how you get another $6M for Barkley.

If that's what it takes to open that $6 that yes, I would call that magic to the people that think it's impossible 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If that's what it takes to open that $6 that yes, I would call that magic to the people that think it's impossible 

He's telling you to go to spotrac.com and show us how you make space to fit Barkley in here. 

Show us how it's done.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

He's telling you to go to sportrac.com and show us how you make space to fit Barkley in here. 

Show us how it's done.

He just said it. Restructures and converting money to bonuses but he didn't refer to it as magic. We can also resign a guy or 2. It's not hard

He just said it. Restructures and converting money to bonuses but he didn't refer to it as magic. We can also resign a guy or 2. It's not hard

So tell us...who's getting restructured that hasn't been already?

LMAO, you try and act like it's super easy without having a clue how it's done and without even looking at the current financial situation.

10 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So tell us...who's getting restructured that hasn't been already?

LMAO, you try and act like it's super easy without having a clue how it's done and without even looking at the current financial situation.

I'm not gonna go through and tell you who gets restructured. The bottom line is, players can be. I'm sure if this was in Beane's plan, he can figure it out

Edited by Buffalo03

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:
3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm not gonna go through and tell you who gets restructured. The bottom line is, players can be. I'm sure if this was in Beane's plan, he can figure it out

Because you don't know.  Yet here you are claiming they can without having the slightest clue whose possibly can and whose already was.  This is called BSing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.