Boomer Esiason suggests the Bills should trade for Barkley

Greg S

Give them Moss and a 5th after they lose the next 2-3 games… Daboll and Schoen love former Bills.

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

That's what I see.  The DE is not blocked there and Singletary would be running right at him if he were to cut it back like people are suggesting.

So whose blocking for him?  Are we getting a new O-line too?  There's no holes, no push.  What's going to make Barkley successful where are current backs are not?

Idk, but the Giants line is def not better than the Bills when healthy, and dude is still having a resurgence behind it…

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Give them Moss and a 5th after they lose the next 2-3 games… Daboll and Schoen love former Bills.

Idk, but the Giants line is def not better than the Bills when healthy, and dude is still having a resurgence behind it…

So you're saying Barkley is going to create yardage with no holes and no O-line push?  The dude ain't Barry Sanders.

It certainly looks like the Giants line is better at run blocking than ours right now.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Disagree 1

22 hours ago, uninja said:

I don’t like it. Injury prone RB in a contract year playing with a limited sample size. 

We’d be mortgaging future draft picks for a 1 season rental and then surely letting him walk in FA because we don’t have the cap space to pay him the kind of money he could fetch in the open market. 

It reeks of desperation and of making a move for the sake of making a move. 

How much would you hate it when he's scoring TDs for us? This move makes too much sense to not do and who says it will be a 1 year rental?

Edited by Buffalo03

22 hours ago, Einstein said:

I would love that.

There was a play during the Miami game where Singletary could have cut outside for a HUGE gain (like 40+ yards).

Instead he ran into the tackles butt.

Barkley scores on that play.

I know exactly what play you're talking about. I Said myself he should have cut that back. Would have easily gotten 30 yards on that

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, MJS said:

Do the giants not want him? They are playing well and he is a big part of that.

People always act like some teams are just begging to give away their best players to contending teams. Maybe they want to keep him.

They are nowhere near a good team. They are playing decently but they still have lot of holes and need draft capital to draft Daniel Jones's replacement next year. Plus, they are still in cap hell and I can't see them signing him to a big extension. Barkley doesn't change much for them 

Edited by Buffalo03

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

They are nowhere near a good team. They are playing decently but they still have lot of holes and need draft capital to draft Daniel Jones's replacement next year. Plus, they are still in cap hell and I can't see them signing him to a bif extension. Barkley doesn't change much for them 

Don’t think it sends a good message to the locker room though. He’s one, if not, their best player. Sterling Sheppard just went down and is out for the season. 

Dismantling the team when they’re 2-1 and playing competitively in a weak conference just tells the team that winning is not the point this year. 

That’s how you lose a locker room and that’s how coaches get fired. 

1 minute ago, uninja said:

Don’t think it sends a good message to the locker room though. He’s one, if not, their best player. Sterling Sheppard just went down and is out for the season. 

Dismantling the team when they’re 2-1 and playing competitively in a weak conference just tells the team that winning is not the point this year. 

That’s how you lose a locker room and that’s how coaches get fired. 

I think would understand that for long term, it's better. The Giants may let him walk after the season as well. They should just get something for him

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Nobody there?  The DE clearly has contain on that play.

52-EEC6-F5-FEBB-4112-A4-BD-D3059-D2-D7-A

You think Singletary couldn't get around that? Come on. Look at all that open field. Are you kidding me? Saquon cuts that and takes it to the house

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think would understand that for long term, it's better. The Giants may let him walk after the season as well. They should just get something for him

You think Singletary couldn't get around that? Come on. Look at all that open field. Are you kidding me? Saquon cuts that and takes it to the house

So now we're talking hypotheticals.  Unblocked DE there waiting for him and we're acting like he's not even there.  Easy touchdown.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

And how exactly do we afford him?

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So now we're talking hypotheticals.  Unblocked DE there waiting for him and we're acting like he's not even there.  Easy touchdown.

And how exactly do we afford him?

It's not like he had 5 ft of open field. He had about 30 yards of open field from where he was to the sideline. If he can't put his feet in the ground and cut that outside then he shouldn't be playing RB. He also could have just taking the handoff and went right instead of starting inside and bouncing outside. If he just took it and went right, the DE wouldn't have mattered

Edited by Buffalo03

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's not like he had 5 ft of open field. He had about 30 yards of open field from where he was to the sideline. If he can't put his feet in the ground and cut that outside then he shouldn't be playing RB

Welp, maybe he shouldn't then.  The fact of the matter is the line is not opening holes and getting the push how the play is designed.  Expecting a back to improvise and turn nothing into something every play is just not a reasonable expectation and signing another back who will have to dodge tackles in the backfield isn't going to fair any better.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

Welp, maybe he shouldn't then.  The fact of the matter is the line is not opening holes and getting the push how the play is designed.  Expecting a back to improvise and turn nothing into something every play is just not a reasonable expectation and signing another back who will have to dodge tackles in the backfield isn't going to fair any better.

I think a line matters to a degree but the RB matters more. Saquon would make our line matter less

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think a line matters to a degree but the RB matters more. Saquon would make our line matter less

You see this guy as Barry Sanders.  I see him as another back that will be limited to short yardage gains without any push from the line.

You still haven't explained how we afford him this season and even if we somehow could, re-signing him for next year is all but an impossibility with our cap situation.

Edited by Billz4ever

49 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

So you're saying Barkley is going to create yardage with no holes and no O-line push?  The dude ain't Barry Sanders.

It certainly looks like the Giants line is better at run blocking than ours right now.

I assure you, the Giants OL, the one with Jon Feliciano as it’s starting C, is not better than Buffalo’s. 
Bills OL is more than adequate when healthy… I.E., Singletary ypc his entire career… Find me another unit btw that doesn’t struggle when having to trot out their third option at Center in addition to replacing a guard and tacke, in the same game, under extreme heat.

This teams biggest problem in the run game right now is it’s inexplicable commitment to run Moss as much as they do.  Guy shouldn’t even be on the team. His vision is still garbage, clearly didn’t learn after costing the team the Pats game last year by running straight into a pile when he had a wide open cut back lane for an easy go ahead score.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

You’re exaggerating about the O-Line. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.