Jump to content

Boomer Esiason suggests the Bills should trade for Barkley


Greg S
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Really.?

Didn't know 4.7 ypc on 518 carries was considered terrible 🤣 🤡

Barkley averages 4.6 on 712 carries🤡

His numbers this year are bad.

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00.htm

image.thumb.png.837508968182c51cb3a2654ad2926f59.png

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkSa00.htm

 

Barkley is averaging 6 YPC compared to Single's 3.5

Edited by FireChans
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

 

If your running back can’t beat a DE on a cut back then you don’t have a running back. You have a fullback.

 

Do you realize that you basically just said: “Jee he had to beat 1 defender.  If he has a single defender near him, then he just has to fall down for 2 yards”?

 

If he can’t beat this guy one on one then we have serious RB issues. Most players dream of one on ones like this.

 

52-EEC6-F5-FEBB-4112-A4-BD-D3059-D2-D7-A

 

 

So your picture of a running play with a free runner coming unblocked down the line to stop him in the backfield is evidence that our rushing problems are at the rb position?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I would love that.


There was a play during the Miami game where Singletary could have cut outside for a HUGE gain (like 40+ yards).

 

Instead he ran into the tackles butt.

 

Barkley scores on that play.

I saw the same play. Lol

3 hours ago, uninja said:

 

It reeks of desperation and of making a move for the sake of making a move

Or making a move to improve the position. Saquon is better than any current RB on the roster

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

His numbers this year are bad.

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SingDe00.htm

image.thumb.png.837508968182c51cb3a2654ad2926f59.png

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarkSa00.htm

 

Barkley is averaging 6 YPC compared to Single's 3.5

So his career average is 4.6 and Motors is 4.7 if you want to compare the bigger picture.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

So your picture of a running play with a free runner coming unblocked down the line to stop him in the backfield is evidence that our rushing problems are at the rb position?

 

Huh?

 

The photo is of a clear cutback lane (that several other posters saw as well), and all it would have taken is Singletary making 1 guy miss.

 

If you can’t make 1 guy miss, then you’re not an NFL quality running back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Einstein said:

 

Huh?

 

The photo is of a clear cutback lane (that several other posters saw as well), and all it would have taken is Singletary making 1 guy miss.

 

If you can’t make 1 guy miss, then you’re not an NFL quality running back. 

So if I come up with one video of Barkley not making one guy miss he's no longer any good?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

The early Patriots teams with Corey Dillon

They had Smith before Dillon and won with him.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Motor is not playing well this year. I don't care if he was better 3 years ago.

He's been better any time they've dedicated themselves to running him more than 7 or 8 times a game.  Pure and simple.  Hell he was our leading reciever last week or doesn't that not count for anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

They had Smith before Dillon and won with him.

He's been better any time they've dedicated themselves to running him more than 7 or 8 times a game.  Pure and simple.  Hell he was our leading reciever last week or doesn't that not count for anything?

They aren't dedicated to running him for than 7-8 times per game because he has been playing bad.

 

If you're 9 for 13 or 6 for 19, we are going to stop calling your number lol.

Edited by FireChans
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Motor is SOO underrated. 

If we gave him as many opportunities as Barkley he'd put up close numbers.  Barkley is more talented but Motor is a clear RB1 in the NFL.  Great vision, rarely fumbles.

He can catch and pass protect

Rev that Motor Dorsey.

I agree with all of this. He's missing the "home run" ability

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

 

Huh?

 

The photo is of a clear cutback lane (that several other posters saw as well), and all it would have taken is Singletary making 1 guy miss.

 

If you can’t make 1 guy miss, then you’re not an NFL quality running back. 

If you’ve been watching Singletary play, then you would know making 1 guy miss is something he does very well.  You’re looking at this in a vacuum where ONLY this one play matters…. Which doesn’t take an Einstein to realize that’s the stupidest rationale one could make.  
 

One play in which you highlighted = he can’t make 1 guy miss.  Wake up

 

If you can’t connect on a wide open 3 yard out route then you’re not a quality NFL QB.  

Edited by NewEra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Appearing on FanDuel's "Up & Adams," the CBS analyst and former NFL MVP said that if Giants running back Saquon Barkley keeps producing like he is, the Buffalo Bills could come calling.

If Saquon Barkley continues to do what he's doing ... by the trade deadline, ... that's a serious thing that I think the Buffalo Bills would look at... Saquon is probably as good now as he'll ever be in the NFL ... why would the Giants keep him? If the Bills would love to have a top-end running back and give the Giants a second or a third-round draft pick, you'd have to consider it if you're the Giants.

Wouldn’t hate it, but the trade would have to be Moss or Singletary, plus a late round pick.

Edited by mannc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They aren't dedicated to running him for than 7-8 times per game because he has been playing bad.

 

If you're 9 for 13 or 6 for 19, we are going to stop calling your number lol.

So you want to cherry pick the last two games?  His career average is higher than Barkleys so let's cherry pick Barley's 2020 season where he averaged 1.8 for the whole season.  See how that works?  When you cherry pick your stats you can make up just about anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Motor is not playing well this year. I don't care if he was better 3 years ago.

Say what? He had a TD and 95 scrimmage yards last week.

Prior 2 weeks he averaged 4.5 ypc

Last 6 games last year he was the 6th best fantasy back.

He doesn't get rushing opportunities 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If you’ve been watching Singletary play, then you would know making 1 guy miss is something he does very well.  You’re looking at this in a vacuum where ONLY this one play matters…. Which doesn’t take an Einstein to realize that’s the stupidest rationale one could make.  
 

One play in which you highlighted = he can’t make 1 guy miss.  Wake up

 

If you can’t connect on a wide open 3 yard out route then you’re not a quality NFL QB.  

 

I think you missed the context of the conversation.

 

This started as talking about a massive cutback lane he had and didn’t take.

 

It wasn’t an attack on Singletary, but rather an example of plays he does miss at times.

46 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

So if I come up with one video of Barkley not making one guy miss he's no longer any good?

 

Of course not. And im not saying Singletary is no good either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...