Jump to content

Week 3 injury updates


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

 

They are not exactly lining up a junior varsity defense against the Dolphins...


I think people will be pleasantly surprised by this defense on Sunday. 
 

Jaquan Johnson is a guy who it seems everyone in the building has said is ready to start.  
 

Elam is a RD1 pick for a reason. 
 

Benford looks like a legitimate late round stud. 
 

Being down our DT’s isn’t ideal, but Miami isn’t a heavy run team and we likely see plenty of 3 DE pass rush looks on passing downs. 
 

The top end talent that is still out there.. Von Miller, Greg Rousseau, Matt Milano, Tremaine Edmunds and Taron Johnson.  
 

I’ll put that five up against Xavien Howard, Jevon Holland, Christian Wilkins, Emmanuel Ogbah and Jaelen Phillips.  

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Oliver must have a high ankle sprain if it's taking this long. It will bother him most of the season.

I wish he didn’t go back in during the Rams game. He probably further aggravated it because he was out after two plays. I don’t think it’s more than a common sprain, but since he’s not 100%, the Bills are giving him the full time he needs to recover. It’s a long season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Is there a defense where Elam can play man to man on Hill, while we zone cover Waddle with Benford/Lewis and Jaquan over the top? 

Cover five shell no LBs (okay Milano can play)  lol

let the D line eat Tua. D Jones and Settle can stop the run when they cannot pass

😉

1 hour ago, chongli said:

I wish for a solid recovery for all these players injured. It's a difficult situation for them. I'm officially depressed. 

Great opportunity for players who already get reps but not starters
 Frazier and McD need to call a good game but I am ready to be pleasantly surprised with the secondary overall.
Sure a few slip ups will occur, but hoping to balance hat with a few takeaways !
Up to the D line to help out the Kids out back and make Tua wizz himself early and often

 Von  Gregg Boogie ya feel me ?

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading the responses it is middle of the road to believe:

 

Josh Allen will be able to throw all over the Fins defense Jjackson did and Allen is a better QB. 

 

The Fins OL can be beaten by our veteran and consistent pressure. They upgraded but not everything in the off-season helped their O. 

 

Tua can't play 4Q worth of quality football. This means if he only plays 2Q at a high level it's hard to imagine more than 14 pts in a Q.

-no team scored more than 17 on us last year in 1 Q.

---TB, Pitt, and someone else did... We lost those games. Indy only got to 14 in a Q

So scoring 3 TD's in a Q means we sunk to a significant level and I just can't see it.

2 Q of the game has 6 possessions at best for either team - I can't see the Bills allowing more than 2 tuddies in a Q. 

 

We are capable of scoring twice every quarter. We can control the ball and clock, and run without Josh being the hero.

 

Average game has no more than 18 possessions. If we can score on 1/3 of those with TD's that's 21 points... I think we need 24 to beat them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Is there a defense where Elam can play man to man on Hill, while we zone cover Waddle with Benford/Lewis and Jaquan over the top? 


Was wondering if we may see an aggressive gameplan given all the injuries and the fact that harassing Tua will be the name of the game. 
 

Elam played press man primarily at Florida.  It’s why he’s taken some time to learn the zone aspects we play.

 

If we’re looking at forcing Tua off quick reads, I wonder if allowing Elam to do some of that against Hill/Waddle (with help over the top) wouldn’t be an interesting wrinkle to throw out there preventing free releases and forcing Tua to hold the ball a beat longer / not allow rhythm throws. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SCBills said:


Was wondering if we may see an aggressive gameplan given all the injuries and the fact that harassing Tua will be the name of the game. 
 

Elam played press man primarily at Florida.  It’s why he’s taken some time to learn the zone aspects we play.

 

If we’re looking at forcing Tua off quick reads, I wonder if allowing Elam to do some of that against Hill/Waddle (with help over the top) wouldn’t be an interesting wrinkle to throw out there preventing free releases and forcing Tua to hold the ball a beat longer / not allow rhythm throws. 

Press play and force the quick throws.
More worried about longer developing pass plays. I think we agree .

 But still no one over the top. Those two guys are fast and maybe elite

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SCBills said:


Was wondering if we may see an aggressive gameplan given all the injuries and the fact that harassing Tua will be the name of the game. 
 

Elam played press man primarily at Florida.  It’s why he’s taken some time to learn the zone aspects we play.

 

If we’re looking at forcing Tua off quick reads, I wonder if allowing Elam to do some of that against Hill/Waddle (with help over the top) wouldn’t be an interesting wrinkle to throw out there preventing free releases and forcing Tua to hold the ball a beat longer / not allow rhythm throws. 

 

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Press play and force the quick throws.
More worried about longer developing pass plays. I think we agree .

 But still no one over the top. Those two guys are fast and maybe elite

 

I think the defense this week goes how the Dline goes. This is where I believe the investiment in the Dline and the rotation philosophy pays dividends. If they continue to get good pressure with four, it will be a longer day for Tua than what many people think. His only real strengths are getting the ball out quickly and his accuracy in the short to intermediate range. As a consequence, he does pretty well when blitzed but not so well when he faces pressure from four.

 

Pressure with four, good tackling, and keep the big plays to a minimum. Hill and Waddle will make plays here and there because of their speed and quickness. The ***Pats actually did a good job of giving them some yards, but not the big plays (with the exception of the one TD catch by Waddle that was pretty much all YAC).

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

 

 

I think the defense this week goes how the Dline goes. This is where I believe the investiment in the Dline and the rotation philosophy pays dividends. If they continue to get good pressure with four, it will be a longer day for Tua than what many people think. His only real strengths are getting the ball out quickly and his accuracy in the short to intermediate range. As a consequence, he does pretty well when blitzed but not so well when he faces pressure from four.

 

Pressure with four, good tackling, and keep the big plays to a minimum. Hill and Waddle will make plays here and there because of their speed and quickness. The ***Pats actually did a good job of giving them some yards, but not the big plays (with the exception of the one TD catch by Waddle that was pretty much all YAC).

and he's short  lol so he's got that going for him.

 he's about to get fd up unless mcdaniel  has some super secret plan

 and he doesn't

 

 But good post honestly 59  !

 Go Bills

2 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Woof, wish we could have had secondary issues against a lot of other teams. Good luck to Hamlin and Johnson!

Groot Miller 

 and some hands up in passing lanes

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Sammy Watkins back to his favorite place for the Packers...to IR

My buddy calls him "Sammy Boo-Boo" 😂😂😂

On 9/23/2022 at 3:52 PM, Dat said:


image.thumb.jpeg.aef0f039e08d9139fd80480c2a9432c6.jpeg

Takeo agrees. Back in the day his neck injured 3 players in one game.

 

 

One of my favorite drought era Bills player

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2022 at 6:22 PM, SCBills said:


I think people will be pleasantly surprised by this defense on Sunday. 
 

Jaquan Johnson is a guy who it seems everyone in the building has said is ready to start.  
 

Elam is a RD1 pick for a reason. 
 

Benford looks like a legitimate late round stud. 
 

Being down our DT’s isn’t ideal, but Miami isn’t a heavy run team and we likely see plenty of 3 DE pass rush looks on passing downs. 
 

The top end talent that is still out there.. Von Miller, Greg Rousseau, Matt Milano, Tremaine Edmunds and Taron Johnson.  
 

I’ll put that five up against Xavien Howard, Jevon Holland, Christian Wilkins, Emmanuel Ogbah and Jaelen Phillips.  

 

Sometimes you just need to hear it. :beer:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, SCBills said:


Was wondering if we may see an aggressive gameplan given all the injuries and the fact that harassing Tua will be the name of the game. 
 

Elam played press man primarily at Florida.  It’s why he’s taken some time to learn the zone aspects we play.

 

If we’re looking at forcing Tua off quick reads, I wonder if allowing Elam to do some of that against Hill/Waddle (with help over the top) wouldn’t be an interesting wrinkle to throw out there preventing free releases and forcing Tua to hold the ball a beat longer / not allow rhythm throws. 

That's exactly what I'm hoping Sean calls tomorrow. Let Elam cover Hill in a man press with support from Jaquan and Benford have Hamlin help over the top.  Taron can roam the zone and let Tremaine cover Gesicki all day.  Tua just can't have long clean pockets like the Ravens gave him.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's exactly what I'm hoping Sean calls tomorrow. Let Elam cover Hill in a man press with support from Jaquan and Benford have Hamlin help over the top.  Taron can roam the zone and let Tremaine cover Gesicki all day.  Tua just can't have long clean pockets like the Ravens gave him.

whos covering Waddle then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...