NFL Week #2 9/18/2022 - Post Game Thread - Titans at Bills

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

Yep, the Tennessee fans are already calling for the Malik Willis era to begin. Many are saying both he and Henry are done.

I know they won't face many defenses like ours but Willis looked like a boy trying to play a man's game at time in the fourth - and that was against our back ups. He will be in IR by the end of his first full game unless they can strengthen the OL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

His delivery is a bit dry, but nice context into how our start compares to the history of the NFL

Meanwhile on that southern AFC East forum...

I'm not willing to crown the Bills until they play a decent team tbh.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Didn't realize Bud Dupree got injured.  You would think a loss of that significance would make it to the broadcast.  Unless it did and I just didn't catch it.  Dupree and next week's Melvin Ingram are significant rushing problems for the Bills.

If they can neutralize Aaron Donald, they can neutralize any pass rush. 

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

For those of you who watched on TV, how bad was the “simulcast” with the Eagles-Vikings game?   Did they do it sparingly, or was it a split screen basically nonstop starting at 8:30?

It wasnt constant.  It was annoying as hell though.  They did it on all three channels too I think.  One time they did a split screen to show a coach gabbing on his headset... and it was just a damn kick off for them.  I dont like it at all and hope I never have to deal with that crap again.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'll be honest, I thought the play was just a genius drawn up fake.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Just want to mention that I think this Buffalo Bills team is pretty good at Football.  The first 6 weeks schedule is brutal with @Dolphins; Ravens; Steelers; @Chiefs the next 4 after the @Rams and Titans.  While the Bills are losing players to injury; the depth is really good. I am looking forward to seeing a player like Jaquan Johnson get his chance in front of a hometown crowd under extreme stress (Hill, Waddle, etc)..and to see the rookie corners develop.  This depth might be just crazy by the end of the year.

I am trying not to be too optimistic but this team is making it difficult.

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I agree, but we don't always have to line up in shotgun. We seem allergic to the sneak.

We don't. But if we never line up behind center unless its to run/pick up short to mid yardage, we don't give ourselves much of a chance. 

As with anything it is one of the drawbacks of the way we run our high powered offense. I guess we could be more like Tennessee.....hahaha

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BritBill said:

So tired this morning. I went down the stay awake until kick off route and then a couple of hours sleep after but it's so hard to nod off when you have the adrenalin from watching this team win run through your veins. Even with the game being a non-event from the latter part of the third quarter. Forty minutes until my dinner (break) and I'm working from home so a power nap is in order.

Another all round performance. Loved seeing the STs getting involved. Can anybody help me with something please? What's a "punt"? I think that's what it's called. We did it 3 times last night and it confused me 😆

Roll on the Lolphins and a 6pm kick off. 

It might be a sign of my age, but my method in the European time zone is to go to sleep at 9pm and set the alarm for 2am for night games. Then I can skip the commercials for a while and catch up to the live broadcast by the second quarter :)

Hard to sleep after a Bills game, win or lose. 

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Just want to mention that I think this Buffalo Bills team is pretty good at Football.  The first 6 weeks schedule is brutal with @Dolphins; Ravens; Steelers; @Chiefs the next 4 after the @Rams and Titans.  While the Bills are losing players to injury; the depth is really good. I am looking forward to seeing a player like Jaquan Johnson get his chance in front of a hometown crowd under extreme stress (Hill, Waddle, etc)..and to see the rookie corners develop.  This depth might be just crazy by the end of the year.

I am trying not to be too optimistic but this team is making it difficult.

Dolphins, Ravens and Steelers are all hugely flawed.  We’ll need to play well, no doubt, but after seeing the Bills open up a can of whoop-ass on the Rams and Titans I think we win those 3 games.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Two very minor and under rated takeaways.

1) Oh yeah, Jake Kumerow, a special teams ace, can also play WR when needed in a pinch.

2) In his second career game (yes garbage time and 1 big play), James Cook led all players on the field in rushing...nice confidence builder.

Just did a Kumerow search to see if anyone gave him some credit--good call.  

Relatedly, there has been a lot of discussion about Beane's focus in the draft and FA related to D vs O, CB vs WR, OL vs DL.  I don't think there is a right answer, though I'm a "D wins championships" guy.  The run D was a weak link and the lack of depth at CB hurt them last year, so I'm glad they addressed both, AND then adding the closer in Miller. I'm sure focusing on OL and WR would make this O even more unstoppable, but I think having Josh makes up for not adding another dynamic WR and middle of the shelf OL. The related part, even a JAG like Kumerow makes plays in this O. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'll be honest, I thought the play was just a genius drawn up fake.

Hundred percent.  That play was drawn up and practiced.

It's great to have a QB who can make not only every throw in the book, but also a few that aren't. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

It might be a sign of my age, but my method in the European time zone is to go to sleep at 9pm and set the alarm for 2am for night games. Then I can skip the commercials for a while and catch up to the live broadcast by the second quarter :)

Hard to sleep after a Bills game, win or lose. 

Yeah, I usually do something similar (UK being one hour in behind mainland Europe). So sleep at 10pm for 3 hours before then awake for 1:15am kick off. 

Last night was a 12:15am kick off so the one less hour came into it. I just stayed awake until kick off. Tuesday morning is an early start (6am). 

At least it’s the last one for a while. I think the next few are 6pm kick offs and even a 9:25pm for the Chiefs game. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.